Buses from Marriott Orlando World Center?

leebee

DIS Veteran
Do the buses from here run on a regular schedule? It seems like they are "free," included in the resort fee, but how is the service? We are only going to Disney one day, 12/24, want to start at AK and then hop to Epcot. I currently have reservations at the Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace (a Disney Springs hotel) but Marriott gets much better reviews. Mostly I just don't want to have to pay for parking at the theme parks. Our "schedule" at Disney is pretty loose, as we are vets... BTDT a LOT, but I don't want to be hampered by an awkward bus schedule.

I've never used the shuttles to Disney when we've stayed at the Marriott Sabal Palms (the timeshare on the World property). We usually rely on our own car and/or ride share. Honestly, ride share can be cheaper or comparable to parking for the day and way less of a hassle than driving in. Grab an Uber or Lyft to AK, use Disney buses for hopping, and get an Uber or Lyft back to the Marriott. No waiting in long lines to park, no dealing with the parking lot and shuttles to the gate, the ride shares pick up and drop off right in the front of each park, with the exception of MK. But even MK is easy if you get dropped off and picked up at the Contemporary.

Do the buses from here run on a regular schedule? It seems like they are "free," included in the resort fee, but how is the service? We are only going to Disney one day, 12/24, want to start at AK and then hop to Epcot. I currently have reservations at the Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace (a Disney Springs hotel) but Marriott gets much better reviews. Mostly I just don't want to have to pay for parking at the theme parks. Our "schedule" at Disney is pretty loose, as we are vets... BTDT a LOT, but I don't want to be hampered by an awkward bus schedule.

For a 1-day Disney trip, I would want to maximize my time, so consider staying at the Swan or Dolphin right next to Epcot or a Disney resort.

If you don't want to do that, I would take the Disney Springs resort.

Off-site shuttles are too limiting especially if you don't have the ability to use Uber. While one hotel might be "better" than another, for a 1-night stay when you will spend little time in the resort don't overthink it. I'd much rather have ease of transportation.

For a 1-day Disney trip, I would want to maximize my time, so consider staying at the Swan or Dolphin right next to Epcot or a Disney resort. If you don't want to do that, I would take the Disney Springs resort. Off-site shuttles are too limiting especially if you don't have the ability to use Uber. While one hotel might be "better" than another, for a 1-night stay when you will spend little time in the resort don't overthink it. I'd much rather have ease of transportation.

Actually, we are staying 6 nights, but only going to Disney one day. Swolphin are WAY out of our price range for 6 nights. I canceled the HOBVPalace when I got the Hilton Lake Buena Vista at Disney Springs with free parking. Better price, and it gets better ratings than the Palace. I still have the Marriott World Center reservation, too, but the size of the place and sketchy shuttle information are making me think that Disney Springs is the way to go. Besides, if we are in walking distance of Disney Springs, we won't have to choose a designated driver (for our rental car) when enjoying some evening adult beverages!

Actually, we are staying 6 nights, but only going to Disney one day. Swolphin are WAY out of our price range for 6 nights. I canceled the HOBVPalace when I got the Hilton Lake Buena Vista at Disney Springs with free parking. Better price, and it gets better ratings than the Palace. I still have the Marriott World Center reservation, too, but the size of the place and sketchy shuttle information are making me think that Disney Springs is the way to go. Besides, if we are in walking distance of Disney Springs, we won't have to choose a designated driver (for our rental car) when enjoying some evening adult beverages!

Disney Springs sounds perfect for you, enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter