Busch Gardens tampa vs busch gardens williamsburg

mmaikisch

Mouseketeer
I was looking for some advice possibly from someone that has been to both busch gardens in tampa, and also the one in viginia. I have 3 girls, ages 3,6, and 11. My 3 year old loves to go on rides and from the websites it seems there would be more for her to do at the one in va, however we have a disney trip already planned for december so we can just add a busch gardens day to the trip. If we go to the one in va, we could make a long weekend out of it in the summer. Any advice would be greatly appreciated =) Thanks

It's been 8 yrs since we were at BG Tampa. I remember lots of animals, and enjoying just walking around. We have season passes to BG Williamsburg. There is a ton of kids' stuff there for sure. Also, we love Water Country which is only one exit from BG. Combined the 2 parks would make for a fun weekend!! Now I'm going to go look up the attractions at BG Tampa and compare.

I think you're right, OP. I just glanced at the Tampa website, and both parks have a Sesame Street play area with kids' rides. Williamsburg also has Land of the Dragons, and many little kid rides scattered throughout the lands.

We went to both parks last year. Our kids were 13, 10 and 5. We love Tampa much better. It just seems so much bigger and has tons of animals. There are plenty of rides for the younger child in both parks but I actually thought there were more in Tampa. There is also a huge play area with climbing structure in Tampa. I can't remember one in Williamsburg. Plus, you can feed the lorikeets which has always thrilled my children. If you time it right, you might even be able to feed the huge tortoises bananas on a stick.

We noticed that there always seemed to be a small ride located next to a larger one which made it easy for our older children to ride the coasters while their little sister had something to do. I, honestly, don't think you can go wrong with either park.

However, if you have older children that like history than I would definitely say take the summer trip and do the triangle package (Busch Gardens, their waterpark and Colonial Williamsburg). It was cheap, under $130 each. My older children can't wait to get back to Colonial Williamsburg but would be happy to skip BG Williamsburg the next time around!

Have fun!

I've been to the Tampa park probably 400 times and to the Williamsburg park 4 times,I still prefer the European theme and woody hilly look of the Virginia park but the Tampa park is still great,if it weren't for the look and theme if the park both parks would be equal,maybe even a slight edge to the Tampa park.The Tampa park has a lot of things that would appeal to kids such as more animal exhibits and attractions and the recent additions of kids areas.A couple of years ago they added Jungala and a year or two ago they improved their Land of the Dragons area by making it Sesame Street themed and adding the kiddie coaster Air Grover.They're both great parks worth visiting.The Tampa park also has a waterpark,Adventure Island literally across the street,even closer than Water Country is to the Williamsburg park.

We went to both parks last year. Our kids were 13, 10 and 5. We love Tampa much better. It just seems so much bigger and has tons of animals. There are plenty of rides for the younger child in both parks but I actually thought there were more in Tampa. There is also a huge play area with climbing structure in Tampa. I can't remember one in Williamsburg. There is one in W'burg. It's called Land of Dragons. Plus, you can feed the lorikeets which has always thrilled my children. You can do this in W'burg too. If you time it right, you might even be able to feed the huge tortoises bananas on a stick.

We noticed that there always seemed to be a small ride located next to a larger one which made it easy for our older children to ride the coasters while their little sister had something to do. I, honestly, don't think you can go wrong with either park.

However, if you have older children that like history than I would definitely say take the summer trip and do the triangle package (Busch Gardens, their waterpark and Colonial Williamsburg). It was cheap, under $130 each. My older children can't wait to get back to Colonial Williamsburg but would be happy to skip BG Williamsburg the next time around!

Have fun!
The bolded inserts above are mine.

:thumbsup2

Thank you everyone for your responses =) I feel so much better knowing that if for some reason we can't do a summer trip they will still have a great time in tampa in december. Thanks again =)

As Doom1001 said, the Virginia park is hilly. If anyone in your group has mobility issues, it could be a bit tough.
We love them both (we're BGW platinum pass holders), but have to admit that during last week in Orlando when we hit also went to Epcot, US, SW, DCX2, and Aquatica, our feet were very glad that BG Tampa is flat.
BGT has the Serengeti Safari option. We love to feed the giraffes.
And don't forget to fill your water bottles in Tampa before you drive back to Orlando - it was so nice to have a day without that odd Orlando water taste.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter