Bus Transfers, Parking Fees and Luggage Questionss

Empress Room

Mouseketeer
I have only cruised on DCL using the bus transfer option, but I'm heading down for a four-day (Member Cruise) in October and adding three days on the back end to go to WDW. Since we'll be renting a car at some point any way, I'm trying to figure out whether or not it makes sense (financial and otherwise) to do so at the beginning of the cruise - paying to park at Port Canaveral - instead of renting one on Thursday back at the airport or one of the resorts (I'm staying at Polynesian).

(There seems to be some dated and conflicting info on this topic, hence my new thread.)

Here are the questions:

1. What is the current price of DCL bus transfers (round trip)?

2. What is the current daily rate to park at Port Canaveral?

3. Am I correct that I must claim my own luggage and transport it from MCO and take it to Port Canaveral if I choose not to purchase transfers, or will DCL truck it?

4. If I transport my own luggage, am I stuck with it from the time of embarkation until I have access to my stateroom, or will the DCL crew deliver it to my cabin?

Thanks!

Hi...Let me try to help here.

1) Cruise Only
(round-trip airport to Port Canaveral) $59 per person

2) 12$ per day, prepaid to park at the port.

3) You are correct

4) You will NOT have to transport your own luggage, you will drop it off at the
pier. The only thing you will have is your carry on. Your luggage will arrive in
your stateroom throughout the afternoon. Keep in mind you will have to keep
whatever you don't check until approx. 1:30 when they open up the rooms.

Hope this helps.

I'm trying to figure out whether or not it makes sense (financial and otherwise) to do so at the beginning of the cruise - paying to park at Port Canaveral - instead of renting one on Thursday back at the airport or one of the resorts (I'm staying at Polynesian).

If you are going to rent a car after the cruise, I think you'll find it cheaper, overall, to rent one in Cape Canaveral and drive to WDW. If you take the DCL bus back to MCO or to the Poly, you will pay for the transfer plus the rental car.

When we did the four day way back when they only had one ship we did WDW before and after and it made sense for the four of us (adults) to park at the port.

Look at the rates of car rental and do the math. It depends on when you sail and rent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!