Bus service at BWV?

mhanback

Mouseketeer
How is the bus service at BWV? Do they share with Yacht and Beach Club? Who gets picked up/ dropped off first if they do?
Thanks

Our experience with BWV bus service has not been positive. I truly believe it needs some improvement. On our visit last month, on the buses on which we traveled, the route was Swan/Dolphin, YC/BC, BWV. It has been noted on this board that this route is subject to change, which I cannot address since that has never been the case on our visits. BWV location is superb in many aspects, but trips to AK, MK, DTD and the water parks can be lengthy. It's a shame, really. I would think the number of folks accommodated at these resorts would necessitate another route.

The buses go fom Swan, to Dolphin, to Yacht, to Beach and then to BW. They are often pretty full by the time they get to the BW. I prefer the transportation at the MK resorts because you don't have to share a bus with as many resorts.

I agree. In my opinion, given the size of these hotels and the amount of guests at each I think the larger resorts should have their own bus.

Spotty and unpredictable are 2 words I would use to describe it. Sometimes they all share, sometimes just BWV, Swan, Dolphin, and other times, who knows???
The bus service at BW is often mentioned on the boards, and more often than not it does not get rave reviews. For the sheer number of rooms around the EPCOT area resort loop, one would think that all 5 resorts would not share a bus. One would think....
Whenever we have gotten the online survey about our stays (in the past), that is our biggest area that we mention...

We just returned a week and a half ago. BW was the first stop followed by Dolphin, Swan, Yacht, and then Beach. Returning it was Dolphin, Swan, Yacht, Beach, then BW. The bus tends to get really crowded in the mornings. I was back at the resort pretty early each evening so I'm not sure how bad the night crowds are/were.

In our experiences with the busses at the BWV, we always shared busses with the Swan and Dolphin as well as the Beach and Yacht Club. I believe the Beach and Yacht Club were separate bus stops and invariably we found it quicker to get off at the Swan/ Dolphin and walk back to the Boardwalk rather than stay on the bus and wait for our stop. If my memory serves me correctly, we had to stop at the Yacht and Beach Clubs before we got dropped at our hotel, and then on to the Swan and Dolphin. :sad2: I definitely think a revamp needs to be done on the busses for those resorts, it is just torture! Good luck

The buses the first thing in the day and at park closing share with the S/D. The YC/BC have their own buses at the busier times of day. Now, for the middle parts of the day, say 10:00 until around 6ish, the resorts are on the same run. We have DVC at BW and have yet to have to stand or watch a full bus pass us by. The buses to DTD are all miserable....I don't care which resort you're at.
Last Dec, I was waiting for the BW bus at MK, after MVMCP. It was probably about 1 am. The bus to YC/BC came first...I hopped on, got off at BC and walked to BW. If you get on one of the combined buses, midday, and are staying at BW, you can hop off at the S/D and walk back to BW...it tends to be quicker.

Robert P said:
Whenever we have gotten the online survey about our stays (in the past), that is our biggest area that we mention...

I've done the same thing! Maybe when they get enough complaints they will do something. These Epcot hotels are way too large to be sharing buses. I too found that those staying at the BW got off at the Swan and just walked back because they didn't want to wait to get dropped off and I can't say I blame them. The bus would still have to stop at the Dolphin and then the YC, then BC before it got to the BW. By that time they would be in their room already.

BAD BAD AND VERY BAD. I love BWV but hate the buses. I just changed my ressie to AKL concierge and that was one of the reasons. We will be spending most of our time at MK and the thought of an hour bus trip is just to much with a toddler. The trick we did find though was to cut through epcot to the monorail and take that to MK. You can walk to Epcot and boat to studios so the only bus would be to AK and DTD. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter