Burger King; yay or nay?

Don't go very often. Used to get Bacon Double Cheeseburger & Chicken Tenders (before they became nuggets). I find their buns to have an odd taste to me.

The last time was a YAY. They upped their game.

I went back to the crusty old BK in my old home town which was gross every visit (very seldom) over the past decade.

They remodeled. The food came out super fresh, burgers with lovely fresh ripe tomato slices and lettuce. I was shocked!
FF perfect. Some weird Cheetos Chicken Fries, 100% chemicals and 110% guilty pleasure. Service with a smile.

So a few months later we hit another BK, and that was also much better than 5 or 10 years ago. New management plan?

It's actually the closest fast food place to where I live. My preference is a Whopper Jr meal with small fries and a small drink. Since I'm cheap they have a coupon special at $5 for two.

CCPOD1479553_2.jpg

I actually like their fries. The one thing I don't care for is their chicken nuggets. They're kind of soft and weird tasting. Once I brought my kid there and ordered the nuggets and the response was that they weren't as good as McDonald's Chicken McNuggets.

There are a few things that have gone away. They used to have Icee but now call it a "frozen drink". Jalapeño chicken fries were great. Their fried tacos were bad at all.

I must say I am tempted to try their Impossible Whopper since I am supposed to be restricting my animal protein due to elevated cholesterol (thanks dad!).

I can’t eat burgers for the most part forget the overly greasy burgers from fast food joints so a nay for me.

I used to like them, but the last time we ordered I got really sick about an hour after I ate. So, I’ll keep on avoiding them.

I must say I am tempted to try their Impossible Whopper since I am supposed to be restricting my animal protein due to elevated cholesterol (thanks dad!).

Not sure if it would help, since they substitute coconut oil for beef fat. At least when I was younger I remember being educated that tropical oils were no better for controlling cholesterol levels than animal fat. Also - beef isn't really that bad because most of the fat isn't saturated.

https://faq.impossiblefoods.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018937494-What-are-the-ingredients-
https://www.cnet.com/news/burger-king-impossible-whopper-ingredients-calories-where-to-buy-it/

I don't go often, but when I do, I get either the original chicken sandwich or a cheeseburger meal. Usually we share an order of onion rings.

The thing that I found annoying about BK is that a few years ago they removed all their trash cans from their parking lots. So nowhere to throw your trash unless you go inside, which kind of stinks if you go through the drive thru.

Not sure if it would help, since they substitute coconut oil for beef fat. At least when I was younger I remember being educated that tropical oils were no better for controlling cholesterol levels than animal fat. Also - beef isn't really that bad because most of the fat isn't saturated.
Don’t know. Only animals make cholesterol that much I know. The doctor said to eat a more plant based diet. I’m trying but a good burger is a weakness.

Burger King is my favorite of the 3 main fast food places near me (the other 2 are McDonald's and Wendy's). I usually order a Double Cheeseburger meal for $3 with a coupon that includes the burger, fries or onion rings and a soda. I also like that most of them have the Coca Cola Freestyle machines instead of a regular soda fountain with only a few drink choices.

I don’t go often because our only remaining BK (2 have closed over the years) is in a bad part of town next to Popeye’s chicken. But 2-3 times a year only a Whopper with cheese will do. I get tired of McDonald’s and Wendy’s.

I hadn't eaten there for years until the impossible Whopper came out. I've had that twice now and love it. I have been craving another actually. Sometime in the next few weeks maybe I will get one. I love they have a choice for people who don't eat animals. I certainly wouldn't call it a healthy option though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter