Bunnies, Blooms, & the Boardwalk...NEW TR LINK ADDED p. 14

wdwgirl03

<font color=red>I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)<b
Hi everyone!

It's that time again. Time to start counting down the days until another Disney vacation. :goodvibes

I'm Sarah, a 26-year old teacher and lover of all things Disney. My first trip to Walt Disney World was when I was 5 years old and since then, I've been lucky enough to go back many times. Like many other DISers, I never get sick of it! And, also like many other DISers, I enjoy sharing the excitement of planning a new trip with fellow Disney friends. :hug:

The rest of my family loves Disney too (my most recent trip report from October was when I got to visit my sister while she participated in the Disney College Program) but sadly, because of work/school schedules it's always hard for us to find a time when all five of us can go at the same time. So, on this trip, I will be joined by my dad. He always enjoys visiting Disney and because of my sister doing the CP, has had quite a Disney-filled year! This will be our third trip together-we went to Disneyland in 2006/'07 when his alma mater, the University of Michigan, played in the Rose Bowl and then most recently, in 2010. One of the highlights of that trip was doing the Backstage Safari Tour at the Animal Kingdom since we both enjoy the park so much. :thumbsup2 I think it's safe to say we're both looking forward to this trip too.

So when exactly are we going?

Being a teacher, most of my Disney trips are during school breaks. Of course, that usually means bigger crowds but we've pretty much gotten used to it and after doing it so many times, it's really not as bad as some people think. :) This year, my spring break is the week after Easter, so our dates are April 7-14, 2012. While we've gone during spring break several times, this will be the first time in a while when we'll actually be there for Easter, which explains the "bunnies" part in my title ;). I remember on a couple of our trips there used to be a special Easter parade.

38004405.jpg

Unfortunately they don't have that parade anymore but I just saw that the Easter bunny does greet guests at the Magic Kingdom. If he's there this year I will have to try to get a picture with him. :)

One of the other great things about going in the spring is that it's during the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival.

45691064.jpg

I just love seeing all the colorful flowers and topiaries around Epcot. It's like a completely different experience and I can't wait to see it again this year!

As for where we're staying, I think the title pretty much says it all. Yes, we are going to be staying at the Boardwalk!

bwv.jpg

Ever since we became Disney Vacation Club members a few years ago, I've made it a mission to stay at each and every DVC resort. As you can tell from my signature I've been pretty successful so far and am SO excited that I'll finally get to check the Boardwalk off the list on this trip (Dad actually stayed there a couple years ago but I know he's still looking forward to it too). Dad originally booked a preferred view studio but what I didn't realize it that when he made the reservation, he got on the waiting list for a Boardwalk view room. Well, yesterday he told me that he got an email from DVC saying we are now going to have a Boardwalk view! :yay::yay::yay: How awesome is that?!

This trip is creeping up fast so I hope you'll join in as we count down the next two months!

PRE-TRIP REPORT INDEX
2 Months To Go!
Let's Talk Food...POSTED 2/12
Surprise Plan revealed...POSTED 2/17
Magic Kingdom Plans...POSTED 2/25
40 Days! Countdown...POSTED 2/27
Disney On Ice: Treasure Trove...POSTED 3/3
Epcot Park Plans...POSTED 3/5
ONE MONTH/Happy opening day F&GF...POSTED 3/7
Storybook Circus pictures/more theme park music...POSTED 3/12
Disney's Hollywood Studios Plans...POSTED 3/15
Disney' Animal Kingdom Plans...POSTED 3/21
Downtown Disney/Miscellaneous Plans...POSTED 3/27

Joining in. I will be there at the same time :)

I love Flower and Garden

count me in....I thought we would have to wait some time again to read a TR from you but what do you know here it is already :) awesome looking forward to reading all about the buildup and the trip itself.

I'm here I always lurk on your reports but I always look fOrward to new ones! Can't wait to hear the plans!

popcorn:: joining in popcorn::

Welcome!! Yay for being first. :)

joining in! :wave:

Yay!

Joining in. I will be there at the same time :)

I love Flower and Garden

Cool, it's always fun hearing from people who will be there at the same time. I also love the F&GF. Can't wait to see it!

I just love planning Disney trips. It's almost as fun as being there....almost.

haha yes, the anticipation is part of the fun but it's always better being there in person. :goodvibes

Sounds like another great trip!

I have a feeling it will be! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear all about it!:thumbsup2

Hi Carey! :wave2:

Joining the fun :)

Yay, glad you're joining in.

Joining in for what will be another fabulous trip popcorn::

Hey Jen!

Me me me! I'm excited to hear your plans. :)

Thanks for joining in on the fun!

count me in....I thought we would have to wait some time again to read a TR from you but what do you know here it is already :) awesome looking forward to reading all about the buildup and the trip itself.

Yeah, I thought I would wait a while but we're only 2 months away now. Might as well do another PTR to help pass the time.

I'm here I always lurk on your reports but I always look fOrward to new ones! Can't wait to hear the plans!

Aww, well I'm glad you decided to post. Thanks for joining in. :)

Today we officially hit the 2-month mark until our trip! :yay:

I mentioned in the first post we're now going to have a Boardwalk view room so Dad called DVC yesterday to put in a request for a room that has a balcony. It seems we usually end up with rooms with just a patio which is OK considering the amount of time we actually spend in the room but it would be pretty awesome to be able to go out on a balcony and overlook the Boardwalk!

If you've read my other PTRs/TRs, you're probably familiar with how we tour the parks. We usually get there with a pretty general idea of what we want to do but don't plan our every move for every single day. So here's the basic plan for when we're there. Im excited we're going to have a whole week again. Yay! We will plan on going to each park atleast once in the morning so we can do all the major attractions with shorter waits.

tumblr_lvqmxhQum31qgfj1mo1_250.jpg
tumblr_lvqmxhQum31qgfj1mo3_250.jpg
tumblr_lvqmxhQum31qgfj1mo4_250.jpg
tumblr_lvqmxhQum31qgfj1mo8_250.jpg

Saturday, April 7, 2012
ARRIVAL DAY!!!
:woohoo: Flight out of Milwaukee on Southwest
:woohoo: Arrive at MCO mid-afternoon, get lunch at Chick-Fil-A of course :teeth:
:woohoo: Magical Express to the BOARDWALK!!!!!!!!
:woohoo: Who knows. Maybe just stroll around the Boardwalk? Go play mini golf at Fantasia Gardens?

Sunday, April 8, 2012
HAPPY EASTER!!!
:cloud9: First Park Day! Magic Kingdom in the morning, park hop in the afternoon...I have a feeling the MK is going to be pretty crowded considering it will be Easter.

Monday, April 9, 2012
:wizard: Park Day! Maybe Hollywood Studios?

Tuesday, April 10, 2012
princess: Park Day!

Wednesday, April 11, 2012
:cool2: Park Day!

Thursday, April 12, 2012
:upsidedow ????????????????????

OK, so there IS something planned for this day but I'm going to be cryptic and not say what it is right away. I will take guesses though! All I'm going to say is that I'm pretty excited! :yay:

Friday, April 13, 2012
:3dglasses Last Park Day

Saturday, April 14, 2012
:sad2: Time to come back to reality
:sad2: Flight back home to Milwaukee
:santa: Start counting down the days until December. Well, maybe. We did make a reservation for next winter break but we're pretty much out of Vacation Club points, and if Emma ends up going back to FL again, we'll have to cancel. I really hope I get to see the decorations but I'm thinking it's more likely that she'll be a CPer again! But that's for a future trip report.

I know it's not much but it's a start. If the weather's decent and we can find a time to go I've been wanting to go back to Blizzard Beach so we might try and do that.

Stay tuned for more!

YAY! 2 Months:woohoo: I wish I could say that!

I can't wait to see all your pictures from the Boardwalk!

I'm gonna guess your ?? day is Universal!

YAY for two months! That is just way too exciting. :yay:

Oooh ooh! I have a guess! The Wild Africa Trek at Animal Kingdom! I'm pretty sure I remember you mentioning wanting to do that... maybe??

Sorry it took me so long to get here, I'm here now! :)

Wow, 2 months already, you're trip will be here in no time! :banana: The Boardwalk looks awesome, how nice that you got a Boardwalk view!

(I absolutely LOVE that picture of the castle you put up, with the 4 park icons...I'm stealing it, it's SO pretty! :lovestruc)

Hmmm, Thursday...are you doing some kind of tour?

Hey Sarah, I'm here! What an awesome time to get to visit WDW, with Easter and the F&GF. Epcot is just amazingly beautiful at this time.

Oh I'm soooo anxious to find out what your special secret plans are...I hate secrets!!! :laughing:

I tried to guess whet you will be doing on that day but there is so many exciting things going on that I just couldn't pick out 1 thing. Talking about CPer, my freind from work went to vancouver on monday for an 8 hour face to face interview to see if she could get accepted to the program as well but I haven't seen her to see how it went...hope it went well

YAY! 2 Months:woohoo: I wish I could say that!

I can't wait to see all your pictures from the Boardwalk!

I'm gonna guess your ?? day is Universal!

OMG, I can't wait to be at the Boardwalk-hopefully I'll take a bunch of pictures!

Well, I do want to go back to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter really bad, so that's a good guess...

YAY for two months! That is just way too exciting. :yay:

Oooh ooh! I have a guess! The Wild Africa Trek at Animal Kingdom! I'm pretty sure I remember you mentioning wanting to do that... maybe??

It is very exciting. I can't wait! :dance3:

You are right, I did say I wanted to do the Wild Africa Trek...so that is another good guess.

Sorry it took me so long to get here, I'm here now! :)

Wow, 2 months already, you're trip will be here in no time! :banana: The Boardwalk looks awesome, how nice that you got a Boardwalk view!

(I absolutely LOVE that picture of the castle you put up, with the 4 park icons...I'm stealing it, it's SO pretty! :lovestruc)

Hmmm, Thursday...are you doing some kind of tour?

Don't worry, you didn't miss much-I'm just getting started!

I got all those little avatars from another Disney blog. There were some awesome pictures that I'll probably be posting throughout this trip report!

There are a couple tours that we've talked about doing. So another good guess.

Hey Sarah, I'm here! What an awesome time to get to visit WDW, with Easter and the F&GF. Epcot is just amazingly beautiful at this time.

Oh I'm soooo anxious to find out what your special secret plans are...I hate secrets!!! :laughing:

Yeah, it'll be busy but definitely worth it. Can't wait for the F&GF again.

haha, I know, I thought about just saying what the secret is but needed to keep this somewhat interesting. I'll share what it is...eventually! ;)

I tried to guess whet you will be doing on that day but there is so many exciting things going on that I just couldn't pick out 1 thing. Talking about CPer, my freind from work went to vancouver on monday for an 8 hour face to face interview to see if she could get accepted to the program as well but I haven't seen her to see how it went...hope it went well

You're right, it is hard to pick just one thing-there's so much I would like to do but obviously you can't do it all in one week. But it gives you more reason to keep going back to Florida!

Ooh, that's exciting. Have you heard anything yet? Do you know what she was applying for?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter