Bunkbeds

LLOC33

Mouseketeer
We have booked a 7-day cruise with our twins (4 year old boys) in a Deluxe Oceanview with navigators verandah. They will be 3 months shy of 5 at the time of the cruise. ANy concerns with the fact that one of them will be sleeping in the upper bunk? I know there is a railing in the picture but didn't know if it was long enough.

We have booked a 7-day cruise with our twins (4 year old boys) in a Deluxe Oceanview with navigators verandah. They will be 3 months shy of 5 at the time of the cruise. ANy concerns with the fact that one of them will be sleeping in the upper bunk? I know there is a railing in the picture but didn't know if it was long enough.

Ask the room host for two railings.

:cutie:

Ask the room host for two railings.

:cutie:

This is a great idea! My daughter was 4 when we cruised last and she was fine on the top bunk with just 1 rail... but had I thought about it, I would have asked for 2, just for peace of mind.

Our last cruise, our girls (5 and 3) took turns sleeping up there. Your boys should be fine.

I was really worried about that too. Our 5yo son is a constant mover when he sleeps. He's all over the bed and it's not uncommon for him to fall out. But DD was only 2 and needed the bottom. Anyway, the railings worked out great and there were never problems. If you are at all unsure once you're on board ask your room host for extra railings or whatever would help. Our room host was fantastic about anything we were at all concerned about. Our son was sad to come back to his own bed at home on the ground :)

If you don't ask, the bunk will be made up with a single (about 3 foot long) railing. If you ask, they can easily do the "double railing" which will extend the entire length of the bunk.

Is the mattress from the top bunk removable? Could it be placed on the floor if necessary? I have a 9 year old that is a big mover in her sleep, so if we were uncomfortable with her up there, I was just wondering if that was an option.

We let our then 3-year-old sleep up there last summer with no issues. Our stateroom attendant actually put up one of those bed rails like you buy for use at home. I was a little worried about the open end but she was fine! She took turns with her older sister.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter