Bunk beds?

lisaann1170

Mouseketeer
I'm looking at resorts with bunk beds for a December, 2013 reservation. So far, I've noticed that the Wilderness Lodge & Animal Kingdom Lodge have bunk beds.

Are there other resorts that have bunk beds? Are they worth it?

Thanks! :)

WL, AKL, Treehouse Villas at SSR & FW cabins have bunk beds.

They can be fun for the kids (assuming they're for your kids :)) and will give you a little more walking room. If you have a strong preference on room location, it can make it more difficult to get your first preference.

I'm looking at resorts with bunk beds for a December, 2013 reservation. So far, I've noticed that the Wilderness Lodge & Animal Kingdom Lodge have bunk beds.

Are there other resorts that have bunk beds? Are they worth it?

Thanks! :)

We did the bunk beds at Wilderness Lodge for our first stay last year. We chose the bunkbeds b/c our kids absolutely cannot share a bed (the 5 year old tosses and kicks all over in her sleep and keeps the 7 year old awake). Two tired kids wasn't worth it! This next trip we are staying at POR in a Royal Room to save money, and if the girls still can't sleep together then I will sleep with one and hubby will get the other.

We had bunk beds on one of our WL stays when our boys were younger and they loved them. I think it's worth the extra cost for bunk beds and would definitely get them again if we had little ones. Our boys were always fine sharing a bed when they were younger, but they really enjoyed the bunk beds.

I'm a 5'7" adult, and slept great in the bottom bunk of AKL last Dec. Unless they are 6'+, they should be fine.

My DS7 always loved having bunks. We booked them as a surprise both times at AKL and WL.

Thanks, all! My boys will be 3 & 9 when we travel. They're both rough sleepers, so I'm hesitant to put them in the same bed. It sounds like bunk beds may be a great option. Thanks again. :)

We had bunk beds on one of our WL stays when our boys were younger and they loved them. I think it's worth the extra cost for bunk beds and would definitely get them again if we had little ones. Our boys were always fine sharing a bed when they were younger, but they really enjoyed the bunk beds.

I had to chuckle at this - while mine did love the bunks when they were younger, at 12 & 15 they would rather sleep on the bathroom floor than in the same bed! I still book bunk rooms when staying at AKL or WL with them!

I had to chuckle at this - while mine did love the bunks when they were younger, at 12 & 15 they would rather sleep on the bathroom floor than in the same bed! I still book bunk rooms when staying at AKL or WL with them!

Same here! Now mine are 17 and 15 and we have to either have a cot brought in or use the day bed. My 15 DD is 5'6" and loves the day beds at the Poly and the bunk beds at AKL. DS, 17 is now too tall for them 6'3".

My two are the same way. We stayed 2 nights at AKL in December 2010 before changing resorts and I didn't get bunk beds for those 2 nights, so needless to say, that was an adventure :rotfl: :rotfl:.

Same here! Now mine are 17 and 15 and we have to either have a cot brought in or use the day bed. My 15 DD is 5'6" and loves the day beds at the Poly and the bunk beds at AKL. DS, 17 is now too tall for them 6'3".

The Poly works out the best for us! Mine are 19 & 17 and my DS17 loves the Poly daybed and my DS19 loves having the queen to himself, especially since he is almost 6' tall and probably wouldn't do well on the daybed.

I didn't know about the daybeds at the Poly! Thanks for mentioning that as that's a great option for us, too!

I have often wondered why Disney did not have more bunk bed options. Families seem to their "bread and butter" yet many family combinations are NOT well suited to two large beds.

Edited to add: OP Port Orleans Riverside Preferred Rooms have a small Murphy bed in addition to two Queens. Those rooms are close to food, transportation, and the resort activities. This is a far less expensive way to have a third bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter