Bula Bar

dlsanchez

Mouseketeer
Just a heads up that tip is already included in the bill at the bar. They never gave me a receipt so I had no idea. Server brought my change and waited for me to leave a tip. I left him a tip based on the total he gave me. I then started thinking about how my bill was way too much so I asked to see my receipt. He said they don't keep receipts for cash. Well, then he suddenly finds the receipt in his pocket. I discovered how the tip was already charged and how he collected more tip from me. I confronted him. I felt so upset that he tried to get away with a double tip.

Sorry you were not away of that

Years ago I noticed it listed at bular bar that gratuity is included

I always make sure I get receipts as I charge back to my room and have noticed an error a few times

Computer error of double billing which is corrected easily

That information is in the sticky for RPR.

It has been that way for years. Usually we find the staff tell you this, our experience anyway. It is also written at the bottom of the menu if my memory serves me correctly.

He may not have tried to get away with anything as you described, we often leave more of tip as the service we receive is always excellent. So, I'm sure other people do this too.

I did not even look at a menu because we just got the nachos that were recommended and some drinks. I was more surprised by him telling me they don't give receipts for cash purchases. I spoke with the manager and he said the server was most definitely supposed to provide me with a receipt. It is their policy. I definitely would have not given extra tip. It was not good service. It took forever for him to take our order and the food was very cold. We even had to go find him to get some water.

Last edited:
I wish they wouldn't do this. They do this for room service as well. I feel awkward not giving the person who brings in the room service a tip even though it's already on the bill.

I feel like they would get more in tips if they did not do it this way. I always tip at least 20%. I gave 20% even with the crappy service.

We`ve never had anything other than exemplary service and food has always been amazing there,

But, shame you never experienced that.

I feel like they would get more in tips if they did not do it this way. I always tip at least 20%. I gave 20% even with the crappy service.

I think you're in the minority with the tipping.

The server definitely should have given you a receipt. We've always gotten one because you can sign for it if you are charging to the room. Weird that the server wouldn't have given you that opportunity.

Sounds like possibly a rouge server that was pocketing the cash. I always get a receipt and I am always told that there is 18% included already. Hate that happened to you OP. I personally find that the pool bar service at RPR is the best on property.

We`ve never had anything other than exemplary service and food has always been amazing there,

But, shame you never experienced that.

No issues either, if anything sometimes close to shoo'ing them away

OP many resorts have auto tipping, always a good idea to ask the policy

If you go to Disney and a party of 6, it is automatic at sit down eateries

If you go to Disney and a party of 6, it is automatic at sit down eateries
Agreed, I think almost all sit downs do that.
I think it's because there is a large demographic that is not accustomed to tipping. That's why they add it in. I have no insider info but that is my thoughts. Definitely not trying to offend or insinuate anything about other cultures. Just what I've heard. I'm referring to the pool bars at USO.

Room service at Universal and WDW has the tip included as well.

And an additional service charge, I think. Never use it.

I have used room service for food at rpr and believe it was 22% which covered taxes and gratuity

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter