Bug spray?

margot31

DIS Veteran
So not to start any thing here but I just recently moved to FL and found a few bug bites on my legs. I was talking to my mom and told me to make sure I had bug spray for the kids when we go to Disney in April.

What is a good bug spray for a 2 year old and 6 month old? Something that would be good to cover the whole family but really make sure its safe for the kids.

i don't think i've ever used or packed bug spray while in Disney. :scratchin

So not to start any thing here but I just recently moved to FL and found a few bug bites on my legs. I was talking to my mom and told me to make sure I had bug spray for the kids when we go to Disney in April.

What is a good bug spray for a 2 year old and 6 month old? Something that would be good to cover the whole family but really make sure its safe for the kids.

HERE ya go.

honest question - are there mosquitos in Disney? i know they must be in Florida because ive read of Zika being there but here in NYC mosquitos feast on me and I don't think ive ever gotten bitten in Disney. LOL.

It will be of some interest to know that Disney is so concerned that they now put cans of repellant in all of their resort rooms and encourage guests to use it.

And, they offer it free to guests in the parks, etc.

Could this be more proactive and ease fears of Zika than any real presence?

Of course. There are mosquitoes everywhere.

Disney sprays (or at least they used to) for mosquitos. That is why you usually aren't bothered. Now with the Zika scare they also provide the cans of repellant.

Denise

Could this be more proactive and ease fears of Zika than any real presence?

If they wanted to just "ease fears," why would they put the info and repellant out?

That would have the opposite effect.

If they wanted to just "ease fears," why would they put the info and repellant out?

That would have the opposite effect.

I respectfully disagree. When we were traveling to Turks & Caicos last September all the newspeople were reporting the presence of Zika in Florida every minute they could. By "offering" repellant, they're providing 'protection' - whether you use it or not is up to the individual.

It will be of some interest to know that Disney is so concerned that they now put cans of repellant in all of their resort rooms and encourage guests to use it.

And, they offer it free to guests in the parks, etc.

Was at AK 2 weekends ago for RoL preview. Cans were gone and they had giant containers of insect repellant. The pump kind.

If a bug is within a 20 mile radius it will find me and bite me and most likely the bite will get infected. I don't have any problems at Disney during the day but have been bitten sitting outside the first floor rooms at night. Last Sept. I decided to take in the movie on the lawn at BC, they don't provide chairs but do allow you to pull them off the beach and put out sheets for people to sit on. I went to my room and sprayed up with the bug spray provided in the room and had no problems. I figured sitting on the wet grass (it has just rained, go figure) at night, better safe than sorry.

If this works I will consider it the best Disney tip EVER :)
I'm completely serious.

I'm a natural mosquito magnet, but if I spray myself down with Amber Romance, I never get a bite. It's a tip I learned from a guy who used to give swamp boat tours in Louisiana.

Reactions: CJN

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter