Buffet menu ideas and pictures for recpetion?

Malibelle

<font color=magenta>Malibelle<font color=darkorchi
I am having a buffet reception since its at the Atlantic Dance Hall. IF anyone has menues or pictures I would love to see them. I am having trouble deciding what I want.

Thanks!

I'm having a buffet also, however my wedding is not at WDW. When it came to picking the menu, my fiance and I decided to pick foods that were our favorites, and not necessarily fancy foods. What kind of wedding are you having? A formal one?

My wedding is somewhat formal but the tables are 4 people to a table so it leaves room for lots of mingling. I know I want a pasta station and a carving station but I am not sure about the rest.

Sounds good! Pasta bar...yummmm! You should have a yummy salad too, and some sort of starch, like a rice pilaf, or creamy mashed potatoes or something along those lines.

Our wedding is a casual luncheon. So, I don't think that our menu will suit your needs. We're having our favorite foods like, veggie chili, corn muffins, fancy mac & cheese, veggie tartlets with goat cheese, salad with raspberry vinagrette, and wedding cupcakes for dessert!

Thanks for the help....I like the idea of the cupcakes. We were thinking of doing that for our home reception.

Mine was at the ADH... I had the Tuscany buffet I think? It was delicious--inlcuded a yummy four cheese pasta. I tweaked it a bit to my liking, but most of it already sounded great!
Here are pics of the pre-reception food:
JS08319-1-05.jpg
JS08329-1-05.jpg

reception food:
JS08859-1-05.jpg

JS08849-1-05.jpg

and my dessert:
JS09409-1-05.jpg

Our was at the GF... We had a buffet, there was TONS of food:

“Cinderella’s Glass Slipper” Dinner Buffet

Seafood Action Station
Sea Salt Grilled Shrimp, Mediterranean Style Roasted Mussels and Island Spiced Scallops
served on Ice surrounding an Ice Carving, Cocktail Sauce, Lemons and Limes
Soy Seared Salmon (Cooked to Order)
Steamed Jasmine Rice, Pickled Ginger Slaw and Wasabi Vinaigrette

Salad Station
Medley of Greens & Assorted Toppings & Dressings
Asian Noodle Chicken Salad
Grilled Vegetable Feta Pasta Salad

Carving Action Station
Citrus Rosemary Grilled Turkey Breast
Datil Pepper Roasted Strip loin of Beef
Rolls, Butter & Condiments

Martini Action Station
Yukon Gold Mashed Potato
topped with Aged Cheddar Cheese, Sea Salt Chive Infused Sour Cream and Crisp Prosciutto

Dessert Station
White and Dark Chocolate Fondue
Berries, Pineapple, Bananas, Angel food Cake, Pretzels, Graham Crackers and Marshmallows
Napoleons, Éclairs and Key Lime Tarts

We also added penne a la vodka, which was made right in front of our guests. The mashed potato martinis were to die for! Our guests could not stop talking about the food, and they stuffed themselves!!!!

dsnyfan6/18 said:
Our was at the GF... We had a buffet, there was TONS of food:

“Cinderella’s Glass Slipper” Dinner Buffet

Seafood Action Station
Sea Salt Grilled Shrimp, Mediterranean Style Roasted Mussels and Island Spiced Scallops
served on Ice surrounding an Ice Carving, Cocktail Sauce, Lemons and Limes
Soy Seared Salmon (Cooked to Order)
Steamed Jasmine Rice, Pickled Ginger Slaw and Wasabi Vinaigrette

Salad Station
Medley of Greens & Assorted Toppings & Dressings
Asian Noodle Chicken Salad
Grilled Vegetable Feta Pasta Salad

Carving Action Station
Citrus Rosemary Grilled Turkey Breast
Datil Pepper Roasted Strip loin of Beef
Rolls, Butter & Condiments

Martini Action Station
Yukon Gold Mashed Potato
topped with Aged Cheddar Cheese, Sea Salt Chive Infused Sour Cream and Crisp Prosciutto

Dessert Station
White and Dark Chocolate Fondue
Berries, Pineapple, Bananas, Angel food Cake, Pretzels, Graham Crackers and Marshmallows
Napoleons, Éclairs and Key Lime Tarts

We also added penne a la vodka, which was made right in front of our guests. The mashed potato martinis were to die for! Our guests could not stop talking about the food, and they stuffed themselves!!!!

Wow, your menu sounds wonderful. I really would like to have seafood in my menu but I am afraid its going to make is go over the budget. I am trying to keep it to around $110 at the most. Can you tell me more about the mash potato martini station, it sounds interesting? Do you know how much that cost per person?

If you go on the wishbook for Disney, that is one of their sample menus. If I recall right it's $89 per person, but I'm sure if you tweek it a little you can make it less.

Samantha

Yes, it was about 89.00 per person. We took out the risotto and added the penne a la vodka. The mashed potatoes were in a martini glass and they were topped with all the goodies! then i also requested to have a few that were just plain and then the toppings on the side for the picky eaters. We also did a cocktail hour, just cheese, veggies and two hot items, i think the total food price was right around 110.00 per person. we also then had a full open bar for 5 hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter