Buena Vista Scooter Rentals at The Boardwalk -combined thread

cupcake

Mouseketeer
The recent allears newsletter indicates that what seems to be a new ECV/wc rental company is setting up shop at the Boardwalk at the surrey bike rental desk. They rent for periods of 24 hours or more, and deliver to resorts at no extra charge. Rental prices are $30 plus tax for each 24-hour period for EVCs that accommodate up to 300 lbs. and $40/24 hours plus tax for EVCs that accommodate up to 500 lbs. (The website doesn't have any pricing, so that is per Deb, and I don't know how much wcs are). They will deliver to Port Canaveral for the Disney Cruise for an additional charge. The ECVs are from Pride. Contact info for reservations and questions is www.buenavistascooters.com or 407-938-0349.

I haven't heard of Buena Vista Scooters. I wonder if, given the name and the fact that WDW is promoting it on site, WDW is getting into the rental business. Anyway, I thought this was interesting. Does anyone know anything about this? My apologies if this was already discussed, but it was news to me and I didn't see anything over here. I personally have been happy with Walker, but assuming I don't hear anything bad about these folks, I'd do a price comparison and inquire specifically about the age and model of the ECVs at both places for my next trip, and go from there. I wonder how an increase in competition for WDW ECVs will impact things in terms of the quality of the available rentals, etc.

:wave: Cupcake

I just did a "whois?" check through Network Solutions and the domain name is registered to an individual in Winter Park, FL, which is a northern suburb of Orlando. I will be in the area of Boardwalk during the upcoming week and will check them out in person.

See Post #34 in this thread for my report.

I didn't talk to anyone about it, but we did see the sign and the scooters at Boardwalk on our trip in mid April. There was a scooter with a sign right by the bike rental area.
The sign that gave the prices for surrey bikes also advertized scooters or electric wheelchairs at a price was $30-40 per 24 hour day. It said to inquire at the rental counter and there was a scooter parked on each side of the sign.
The ECVs had a little sign on them that said "Buena Vista Scooter Rentals 407-938-0349". They were nice, new looking 3 wheeled scooters.
I have a picture of it, but don't have the pictures loaded onto a website, so I can't post it. The pictures are on my computer.

Good to know of other options but I will be sticking with Walker. They have always been professional, friendly, prompt, handled any issues (even though they were my "issues"), never had a problem with the quality of the rental, and are only a phone call away. They have met me at parks, answered the phones on weekends/nights or returned my call quickly, plus I get "thrown" by new things (like a new scooter with possibly a different step or two in dis/re-assembly) so having things standardized is VERY important to me. (One of the reasons I vacation so frequently at Disney is because it is 'familiar" territory).

Unless of course--these new scooters go faster???? ;)

I like Walker too - I had a couple of problems, and they were as quick as possible to resolve 'em... but with this Buena Vista place being reachable until 11 every night, I dunno...

We saw them when we went to ESPN Club one night. They have a roof on them and signs all over them letting you know where to rent one.

It will be nice to have another option, anyway... Plus they say they do repairs, so if someone needs help, that seems good too. We had a problem w/ my wc once on a non-ECV rental trip, and while the WDW folks were very nice and lent my dh tools (at both guest services at the marketplace and MGM), it would have been good to have some basic parts (we needed a washer, and ended up making something temporary out of cardboard).

I too am a big Walker fan, but will pay attention to this bc if they are equally professional and about the same price, I admit the brand new, nice looking ECVs look very tempting.

:wave: Cupcake

These were small ECV's, they had a basket on the front and I would think the canopy over the top would be nice in the hot summer sun.

Nobody has posted any experiences with them yet that I have seen.

I am thinking this is a good option for me. I am recovering from ankle surgery and am making good progress with walking, but regular walking and Disney walking are distinctly different! I was considering renting from off-site, but if this option was available I would be able to wait and see how I do. Thanks to these boards I have all the numbers and recomendaiton that I need!:cool1:

I am bumping this in hopes that somebody has tried them by now and is willing to post their experience with them.

I am considering using them on my trip next month. If I do I will post about my experiences with them when I return.

No reviews, just response to an e-mail I sent them:

We would like to take a moment to thank you for visiting our website and dropping us an email with some questions. All of our scooters are equipped with baskets and headlights. We do offer a rear view mirror if that is something that our guest would like to have. To answer your question in regards to rental times. Our scooters are delivered by 9 am the day of the rental and you have 24 hours until 9am the next day if additional time is needed an additional days rental charge would occur. The Celebrity scooter rents for $30 per day plus $1.95 sales tax. We do not charge for pickup and delivery to the Resorts....

He included his phone number, which I will PM on request (sorta - it's on my e-mail at work, and I won't be back until Monday).

I sent them an email inquiry a few days ago and have not seen any response. I find their website not the best of any of the scooter rental companies. There is no rental info on costs etc.

I was highly interested in using a company that is right on property, but I might change my mind if they won't even respond to an email. I will try them again to see if I get a response this time.

Mike
...used Walker several times
:rainbow:

Mike, I can let you know Monday how long it took for them to respond to my e-mail (I did it from work) but you're right, I do think it was less than a few days.

On the other hand, they ARE open until 11 to help (at your expense, of course) if you have a problem with some other company's equipment. For example, leaving Chefs de France after Epcot closed a couple of years ago, but MGM had EMH, I got a flat tire. Buena Vista Scooters would have been able to repair/replace/fill it. Now, I make sure to request foam-filled tires :teeth:

Hey Kay,

I just heard back from them in email this morning and they answered my question, just not sure I trust a company that takes 6 days to reply to an email.

I might go with Scooter-rama or Walkers.

Mike
:rainbow:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter