Budget help needed

dismom9761

DIS Veteran
I am so glad I found this forum.I am going to WDW in 3 days.We booked this trip thru a travel agent(spur of moment)w/ no research. :confused3 We paid 2000. It included 5 nights at all star sports,5 days of park hopper passes for 5 people(one of mine is only 13 mths),and the wishes cruise for 2 adults and 3 children.We are a Grand Gathering.Is that bad?good?Also how much should I take for food?Kids have saved their own souviner $.My kids are 9,7,6,1.Hope all of this makes sense.

Food budget depends on where you plan to eat. Counter service for children is about $4 to $8; $5 to $15 for adults. The lower end is a light breakfast, the upper end a combo with and additional side or dessert. Full service restaurants and character meals start at about $12 for children and $25 for adults, plus tax and tip. Many are higher. At some restaurants, your 1yo can eat off your plate at no charge. There may be an entertainment fee at character meals (we had a disabled young lady in our group last December who is on a feeding tube and obviously unable to eat, but there was an entertainment charge for her at character meals). Ask at each full service restaurant before you enter. The CM at the podium should know.

Most of the meals have very generous portions. If you are a light eater, you may be able to share with your DH or a child. Sometimes you can purchase a combo meal, an additional drink and possibly an additional side dish and save quite a bit of money. Just depends on appetites and individual food preferences.

You can improve your budget by shopping at a grocery store off site for some snack and breakfast basics. Publix, Winn Dixie or Albertson's are your best bet for good prices (WalMart Super Centre or Super Target are good if you have transportation, they're too far away for taxi). Goodings, an independent chain with a store near DTD, has very high prices on most things. Okay for a few snacks, but strongly recommend the other stores if possible.

Unless you're paying extra for it, you won't have a refrigerator in your room. If you're shopping off site, purchase one of those styrofoam coolers and use ice from the machines on each floor to chill drinks.

Bottled water is $2 for a 24 oz. bottle; $1.25 for a smaller bottle (didn't check the size--12 oz?) at the parks and resorts. The resorts also had a one litre bottle for $2.50 or $3--can't remember. Snacks in the parks start at about $2.50 each for Mickey Bars and go up from there. You can purchase snacks at the gift shops in each resort, park or DTD, but expect them to be higher than convenience store prices.

Hope you have a magical holiday! :)

Hi! Have a good trip, and I think you did just fine for your price. I would try to budget in a charecter meal (call NOW to try to get a Priority Seating) if you think you can go to www.disneyworld.com to check out charecter meals, then call disney dining.

Counter service varies remember look at the "meals" and remember you can order items ala carte and save money (ie, sandwich without fries, etc...)

Also bring some water bottles full since water runs about $2.50 a bottle. Buy disposible cameras in advance if you use them, they are costly at Disney.

Food courts at your resort are a nice way to save a bit of money, have breakfast there or in your room with rolls, granola bars, etc. to save money before you head to the parks.

Have fun I think you will have a great time!!!

welcome to the board and all the best to your disney vacation,
about food cost it will be better if you read the menus with prices yourself, at all stars its a food court style non stop food service, that changes from breakfast to lunch to dinner menus for the cooked items, while the ready to eat cold serve like salads, cold sandwiches, fruits, cookies, cakes, cereals, drinks, etc. are available at all times from 6 am to 12 midnight.
at his kind of self service eateries the meals are around $10 for adult and $7 for children.
read through the menus to have an idea from this website
allearsnet.com go to dinning and find the All stars on the list, mind you all of All stars have similar menues.
Bon Appetite :mickeybar
:mickeybar :mickeybar :mickeybar :mickeybar :mickeybar :mickeybar

Thanks everyone!I do have a PS for Liberty Tree Tavern and Concourse Steakhouse(before wishes cruise).Other than that I am planning on doing breakfast in the room.From what all has said i am going to have my DS7 and DD6 share meals.I have a stroller so it will be easy to take small cooler w/ sippy cups and water.Thanks again! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter