Budget friendly Disney Gift Baskets

mommy2sixpumpkins

Earning My Ears
We are going on the Disney Dream cruise in a couple weeks (first time cruising) and I have 6 kids I want to make gift baskets for rather then buying them. I have kids ages 15 down to three. Any good budget friendly ideas that the kids will love but won't break the bank? I am hoping to spend under $75 for all total. I am hoping to purchase buckets when I get to Florida to put the goodies in that they can use on the beach. We are flying so things need to be able to fold up somewhat small. Thanks for the help!

We did baskets for my daughter and her friend on a cruise. I found some things in the dollar sections at Target and Michaels (used the 40% coupon there). They really liked the tube of glow bracelets - they shared them with the friends they met on board. I also included chap stick (they have some cute disney themed ones at walmart), a small notebook for writing thoughts about the cruise ( or getting autographs), and a disposable underwater camera (although those can add up $$). A sand bucket would be perfect to put them in. My daughter was older, so I used a beach bag ($5 at Target) to hold everything. Have a great trip!!

Space is at a minimum on the ship, and packing more stuff is a pain. I did this for DS, but wished afterward I had spent the money on the sand toys at CC that were Disney themed and fairly inexpensive.

Space is at a minimum on the ship, and packing more stuff is a pain. I did this for DS, but wished afterward I had spent the money on the sand toys at CC that were Disney themed and fairly inexpensive.

I was told the sand toys at CC were expensive that is why I was hoping to do it more economical. Do you remember about how many toys you got and how much you paid?

I was told the sand toys at CC were expensive that is why I was hoping to do it more economical. Do you remember about how many toys you got and how much you paid?

I didn't buy them because I made a gift bucket for DS. They were $20 or so, but they were molds of Cindy's castle! Some of the other kids were making really neat castles with them. I know it's pricey, but we spend most of the summer on/near beaches and they would have seen lots of use and be a great reminder of our trip. That was 5/09- YMMV

Old Navy has flip flops for the whole family- $2.50 each if you buy more than 2 pairs. They have baby pirate ones that are so stinkin' cute! pirate:

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/search.do?searchText=flip+flops&searchDivName=

We just did the Dream and I am glad I brought my own sand buckets, we only played with them about 30-45 minutes. I have the JL Childress stroller bag and it is very long. I was able to fit sand toys and the stroller in it.

Last year Dollar Tree had small Disney sand molds (3 pack/$1). Last time I was in they still had some in the toy dept.

Oh, thanks for the Dollar Tree info. I plan to head there next week when my little one is in school. I did buy some flip flops and have put some cute minnie mouse ribbons on them for the girls. I didn't see the pirate ones, those are adorable! Might have to order some more ;)

Love a gift basket -- your pumpkins will remember the surprise long after your trip! Here are some more ideas:

* swim goggles/snorkle mask/gear
* sunglasses
* bathing suit
* hat

Our Dollar Tree has some really cute Disney swim goggles ( princess, Cars, Nemo etc). I got the Toy Story ones for Sawyer for our Oct cuise :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!