Budget Friendly Air Freshener Ideas

shopnfun2me2

Counting it down!
I would love to hear some of your ideas to keep the house smelling good without all of the expense. I am tired of buying wallflowers, plug-ins, etc. that don't last long at all and not be able to smell them after a day or two. I have bought some of the reed diffusers also and can't smell them after a few days either. Any ideas? I would love to come home to a fresh, clean cotton scent everyday.

If you use coupons and watch for sales you can get the air fresheners pretty cheap and even free. I just got a few from Glade for $2 each, two of the motion activated ones (I won't get those again, the sensors are terrible) and one of the dual oil plug ins. I LOVE that one, it switches scents every half hour so you don't get used to it, and one of the scents is a cotton one. It says it lasts up to 60 days, we'll see. I do have it on the lowest setting and it works great.

I have often used the Lysol Linen scent to refrsh. Recently I am into the Lavendar vanilla and buy the pump bottle Fabreeze.

You can look for ways to make your own.

Another thing is cooking a cinnimon stick, or vanilla in a small pot, or electric cooker for poutperrie (sp).

Using dryer sheets. Buying essential oils.

It doesn't smell like clean cotton but just spraying vinegar in the air helps the vinegar odor evaporates in a few mins leaving behine a clean smell.....vinegar also a good disinfectant can be used on almost anything.

Also when we got our new heat pump earlier this year it came with a air cleaner that costs about 800.00 if you just buy it. IT CLEANS the air cooking odors gone by the time we get done eating even bacon. It pulls my nasty cig smoke out of the air tho I don't smoke in the upstairs very often where the heat pump an air intake to the heat pump is at. We do leave the auto fan running on low all the time too. Even my basement smells much much better we leave the stair way door open all the time tho an that allows all the air from downstairs to circulate.

OH an my house is no longer dusty all the time even after 2 weeks I looking for things to dust lol

Not the answer you was looking for but when you have to replace your heat an a/c you ,might think about investing in that fancy air cleaner we LOVE OURS.

I have to try that vinegar trick. :thumbsup2 I also use the dual oil plug in, and I like that.

I agree about the vinegar and also cinnamon stick trick (altho I use that more during late summer and fall).

I get a great deal on white vinegar at Sam's ($3.87 for 2 large bottles). I use it for cleaning and laundry.

I also will cut up overly ripe citrus fruits and put them in a bowl of water and heat it in the microwave. Helps clean the micro and make the kitchen smell good.

Without the expense? How about opening some windows? I'm not sure this would really work in city living though.
I keep our house very clean..not just picked up but clean.:rotfl:We even have a dog and realtors often comment that they wouldn't have known about the dog. (she is small and is bathed at least one every 10 days or so whenever the wet dog smell creeps up). No wet laundry laying around or a sitting sink of dirty dishes....A sliced lemon in the garbage disposer works in there too. All this helps minimize odors and the window thing frankly is as cheap as it gets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter