Budget Dilemma: 5 nights at Pop Century or 4 nights at Port Orleans

disneydan11

Earning My Ears
We originally made our reservations at POR for 5 nights for us and our kiddos aged 5 and 7. BUT we just had a major issue with one of our cars and yesterday with no planning had to purchase a new car.

Which would be the better option: Drop down to four nights and stay at POR or keep te 5 nights but move the reservation to POP? Because 5 nights at Pop is just about the same cost as 4 nights at POR.

Any input is appreciated!

It really depends on what you like. If you won't be spending much time in the room other than sleeping - move to a value for 5 nights. If you're spending the majority of your time at the hotel resort - do POR. Your kids are at a great age for POP and they will have a great time there so I'd vote for the 5 days at POP because I'd want more disney days.

We are not really the park 'commando" type of family - we will go for a bit in te AM, take a break, head back at night. Two of our 6 days there were planned to just stick around the resort and have fun exploring swimming and taking advantage of everything there so we ooked POR so that we could get out of the craziness of the parks and be a bit more relaxed yet still definitely in WDW. Having never stayed at the value resorts we are afraid that it will be craziness 24/7.

I would do POP for 5 nights. We have stayed at the POP twice, once with just DH and me, and once with me, dh and 4 kids, 2 rooms. We had an excellent experience both trips.

As a matter of fact, DH and I are going in September and we had booked POP originally and were going to pay to upgrade from the QSDP to DDP as we will be there during FD, however, we changed POR as we love the water taxi to DTD. Our kids, well not so much into the water taxi.

So I highly rec the POP, its fun, clean, and just is so fun:thumbsup2

If you stick around the resorts, then I'd say stay four nights at PORS. There is more than one pool and quick access to the boat if you wanted to do Downtown Disney just to break up the day. Your location states "Tampa." If you are that close, then you could just do day trips couldn't you? Or, maybe an offsite hotel? Just a thought. Good luck and have fun.

Yes, being as close as we are we do day trips pretty often (Probably too often!). So that is part of the reason why the extra night is not that big of a deal since we will likely be back in WDW for at least a day trip within a month or so of this week long trip. Tuff decision though since we do want to have the big trip for our family summer vacation.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions - need to talk to the family and see what everyone thinks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter