Budget Activities for me and my DH

DH and I love to cook together. We open a bottle of wine and make various courses as we go.

Other options are:
Discount Movies
Museums
Zoo
Parties
Parks
Games
Visit friends or relatives
warm weather go to a lake or beach that might be close by
Hiking
Nature Walks
Library

Check into various classes given by the a community college, restarurants, galleries, museums, hospitals, etc

Join a club

Invite friends over and have a game night, pot luck or progressive dinner

If religious go to Church

But what are some budget activities that we can do to avoid watching TV all night? What are some fun games for two people?

:banana: :banana:

:rolleyes1

also, check into a museum membership, a lot of times they have reciprocal privileges at lots of other places. Some museums even have freebie nights on their off nights, or a local company will sponsor free admission one night a month.

geocaching
www.geocaching.com

we've been doing it since 2002. We do it everywhere we go, everywhere we travel to, family & friends come with us, we do it alone....................... We do it all year round. You can even do it at night.

You'll need a handheld GPS. Membership is free.

HAHAHAHA, I guess I should have read the thread since I'm at least the 3rd person to suggest it.

Be warned. Its addicting. Then you end up doing stuff like buying outdoor equipment and taking geocaching weekend trips. lol We attend our local geocaching events and have made tons of awesome friends.
If its something your really like, the Garmin 60csx GPS is the most popular GPS amongst geocachers. However, a Garmin Etrex Legend is a good basic model too.

Something me and my husband are going to do is to take dancing lessons. It might be a little bit much at first, but if you go through like a civic center or something it's not that bad and it gets you out of the house once a week.

We both love hockey so we do that together.

We cook and clean together, too, and go on the computer together. In the summer we take walks or play tennis and we also do video games like aforementioned.

I like the idea of volunteering together, but have yet to do it.

DH and I are grandparents now, but when we were first married, once a week we had "international night". We'd pick a foreign country. We each had to research the culture (harder in the days before computers!!) and cook a menu with dishes of the cuisine, and oftentimes I decorate a bit too if it was easy enough. It was always interesting, always educational, but best of all, fun!

DH and I are grandparents now, but when we were first married, once a week we had "international night". We'd pick a foreign country. We each had to research the culture (harder in the days before computers!!) and cook a menu with dishes of the cuisine, and oftentimes I decorate a bit too if it was easy enough. It was always interesting, always educational, but best of all, fun!

Oh we have done that too. We bought a great International Cook Book but it was so expensive to buy some of the ingredients we stopped. Now that we are older (just turned 40) we can afford it a bit better. I might have to get that cookbook out and play with it some for the new year.

I'm sure this idea would get her DH's vote. ;) :rolleyes:

A Wii is great. Quite a few fun games for two that actually get you moving a bit, and others that don't get you moving but are still lots of fun (we love Lego Indiana Jones - it is quite funny, actually).

:banana: :banana:

:rolleyes1

also, check into a museum membership, a lot of times they have reciprocal privileges at lots of other places. Some museums even have freebie nights on their off nights, or a local company will sponsor free admission one night a month.

haha. I knew someone was going to mention that :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter