Bubble wands?

Isabelle12345

DIS Veteran
This may sound as a silly question but I may as well as it here since maybe some of you may be able to answer!
I was thinking of buying a bubble wand for my kids (5 and 2) when we go to entertain them while waiting for parades / shows etc. I know some people dislike them and I don’t mean to get into that discussion... for those of you who like / tolerate them:
How much do they cost usually?
Where can you find them?
Are they eligible to AP discount?
And would you buy one for 2 kids to share or buy each one a separate bubble wand? I just want to avoid meltdowns and sharing may not be the best way...
Usually I be the kind of person to buy just one to teach them the importance of sharing but WDW may not be the best place for that...
Any thoughts / experiences?
Thanks! 😊

Sharing a Disney souvenir, nearly impossible!! If you'd like to save, consider bringing glow sticks, bracelets and bibles from ho me. You will see a lot of items from home, to keep kids happy.

Thanks for sharing your experiences!
This was exactly my thinking!
Great idea for the glow sticks - I will make a shopping spree to my local dollar store before leaving!
What else would you suggest to keep kids entertained while waiting?

My 8 year old son LOVED the bubble wand. My only regret is that we didn't buy it sooner on our trip (we hesitated and didn't buy until the second to last day). To keep kids entertained, snacks, notebook and pen. Also, I didn't really bring much to keep them entertained. I didn't want to lug a bunch of stuff in my backpack and we found the atmosphere to be so stimulating that we didn't need anything else.

Depending on the weather, misting fans may be just as entertaining and cheaper if you pick it up at a Target/Walmart before your trip. I kept two hot wheels cars and a few dumdum suckers in my bag for emergencies but didn't bring anything else (besides the misting fans) to entertain my kids. There is so much stimulation, the slight bit of down time seemed welcome.

Speaking of glow sticks.... If you are using a stroller, glow sticks are also a great way to mark your stroller and make it easier to find after dark. We brought glow sticks, bracelets and necklaces from home and our 3 year old grandson never knew the difference. We did buy him a bubble wand, and he loved it too!

Unfortunately they don’t ship to Canada
It is such a great website!
You can get things shipped to your resort, and held for you there, if you're staying onsite.

Otherwise, check out Amazon and search for LED bubble wand. They might not have all the bells and whistles of the Disney variety, but they'll light up and make bubbles for half the price Disney charges. I've even seen bubble wands at places like CVS and Walgreens, though they might not be stocked right now as they are seasonal merchandise for summer.

For me, I'd bring along a few of those tiny bottles you see at weddings. But getting back to the bubble wands, I've never looked to buy them, but do they have extra bubble solution to buy too? I'd would like the little bottles that you usually get with the toys would be gone within hours.

My three and four year old DGK love tops, just the ones you get from the dollar store. Nothing fancy. Stash a few in your bag, lose them, no big loss.

For me, I'd bring along a few of those tiny bottles you see at weddings. But getting back to the bubble wands, I've never looked to buy them, but do they have extra bubble solution to buy too? I'd would like the little bottles that you usually get with the toys would be gone within hours.

My three and four year old DGK love tops, just the ones you get from the dollar store. Nothing fancy. Stash a few in your bag, lose them, no big loss.
There are many many homemade methods to make extra bubble solution with commonly available ingredients; google is your friend. Not only less expensive but easier to get through TSA.

There are many many homemade methods to make extra bubble solution with commonly available ingredients; google is your friend. Not only less expensive but easier to get through TSA.

Well. for those who don't think ahead, does disney sell extra bubble stuff?

I am pretty sure OP meant extra for use inside the park!

I am pretty sure OP meant extra for use inside the park!
I understood what she meant:).
You buy a small bottle of Dawn and maybe glycerin and pack in suitcase following TSA rules if need be.
Add water on site. Done.
Did this when camping every year because I'm much too frugal (read cheap:D) to pay for premade unless it cost a dollar or two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter