BS/RS Transports questions

lojo

Mouseketeer
I've booked RS Transports (formerly BS) for our trip in December, but have a couple of questions for any of you who may have used them recently.

1) Where exactly can we expect them to be waiting for us? There's been a few threads recently mentioning drivers arriving late and so on. Don't want to exchange the stress of herding family on public transport for a big stressfest over how long and where to wait for a man with a sign!

2) On the confirmation email we received, they state 'please reconfirm' under the details for the return journey. Does this mean prior to outward journey, or after arrival and before the day of return to the airport?

3) If I ask for a non-smoking driver, is it likely I'll get one, or just an irritated smoker? (One of the kids is asthmatic, so it's not just a matter of personal choice)

4) The kids will be 6 and 10 on arrival, should I be asking for booster seats?

Thanks in advance

Lucy

1)They should be waiting after you come out of the baggage reclaim hall. I don't know which terminal you will be coming into - but it's very easy and obvious in Terminal 3. They were there waiting for us when we used then last November, but if you're worried, take their phone number with you so you can ring them if you can't find them.

2) We reconfirmed our pick up time with the driver when we were dropped off at the hotel. Unfortunately I didn't confirm the AM/PM part - I just assumed they had read my booking form! Consequently there was no one to pick us up at 7.45 in the morning, though we would only have had to wait twelve hours for him to arrive!! Luckily I had their number stored in my mobile and despite a later than planned departure, we still got to the airport in good time. So that was a big blip on their part, but they did redeem themselves, and I know to double check in the future - whichever company I use.

3) Will the car be any good for your son to travel in, if your driver only stops smoking when s/he is driving? Perhaps you could ask if they have a no smoking vehicle.

4) They should be able to provide booster seats, so if your children still require them, I would request them. :)

Becky

A really comprehensive answer - thank you. It had occured to me to bring contact details (just in case) but now I've got it on my packing list too.

Re the smoke free vehicle: I hadn't thought of that at all. It's my nephew who's asthmatic and because it's always smoke-free when we're with him, I hadn't considered the potential for problems with residual smoke. I'll certainly ask RS about getting a smoke free car - I hope they have one - but if they're aware that it's a health issue I'm hoping they'll be understanding. Here's hoping.

Tks again
Lucy

I've booked RS Transports (formerly BS) for our trip in December, but have a couple of questions for any of you who may have used them recently.

1) Where exactly can we expect them to be waiting for us? There's been a few threads recently mentioning drivers arriving late and so on. Don't want to exchange the stress of herding family on public transport for a big stressfest over how long and where to wait for a man with a sign!

2) On the confirmation email we received, they state 'please reconfirm' under the details for the return journey. Does this mean prior to outward journey, or after arrival and before the day of return to the airport?

3) If I ask for a non-smoking driver, is it likely I'll get one, or just an irritated smoker? (One of the kids is asthmatic, so it's not just a matter of personal choice)

4) The kids will be 6 and 10 on arrival, should I be asking for booster seats?

Thanks in advance

Lucy

1) As said before our flight was early and we just had hand luggages so had not to wait to reclaim them. The driver was not there and even if i tried to ring them my mobile didnt let me and the information desk was not helpful at all. So we worried a little (a lot actually ;) ) that no one was arriving.
The driver arrived about half an hour later via the lift and when he saw we were upset he said *sorry* so many times because there had been a misunderstanding between him and another driver.

The day we came back the driver was there ealier than supposed (1 pm) and anyway he had asked us to confirm it was ok when we arrived the first day at Cheyenne.

2) When i booked i sent back the *please confirm* form asap and got an email back saying *it's confirmed*.
Then three days before our holiday i sent it back again to re-confirm the whole thing ( i had booked pretty in advance).

3) Our driver didnt even turn on air-conditioning till we asked for it so i dont think they would allow anyone to smoke in their vans, but it is worth to ask for it anyway.

4) Same for the booster seats i would say, the trip was about 40-45 minutes long and at times roads were pretty busy :)

Thanks for the info Giulia. It always freaks me out a little when I organise travel (especially when it's for more people than just me and him). When we get to the parks we'll probably spend a lot of time just sitting or standing around, but that's part of the holiday so it's fun - hanging around an airport with small children is no fun at all. Anyhow, with all the insight from people like yourself on this site, I should be able to minimize the stress and max out the fun..... here's hoping!

Thanks again

Lucy

We went with them last month and i just replied 'all info correct' to their e mail. I went with a 2 and 3 year old who were just on the seats as they would be in a taxi here. However if you can book boosters i would as the driving was a little erratic! Guy spotted us as we came through and took our case and led us out where he was parked nearest to the door so excellent service. Enjoy! It was also funny listening to his radio with timberland's track the way i are with the female singing in french.:lmao:

hanging around an airport with small children is no fun at all.
Lucy

No it isnt even if your kids are grown up (mine are 21 and 14) and they keep saying *i thought it was all booked mum* lol
Anyway for my own experience BS is a good shuttle company, once more the driver was very nice and even if we dont speak French he made his best to explain us things in English :)

You are always welcome, am glad if i can be helpful :goodvibes and i am a bit jealous wish i was coming with you lol :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts