Brown Derby w/ Fantasmic Pkg, or Yachtsman without?

malcontent

happy to be grumpy
WWYD? :confused3

Would you have dinner at BD as part of the Fantasmic Package?

Or would you go to the Yachtsman and attend Fantasmic without the benefit of the package?

We are on the DlxDP, so the "cost" would be the same.

I have heard some not-so-good things about BD lately, and was wondering if we would be better off going to another restaurant and fighting for a good seat at Fantasmic afterwards.

Personally - I think The YS is one of the best kept secrets in all of WDW. I would highly recommend this rest.

Alot depends on when you are going -- Are their any 2 fantasmic nights etc. to better determine how bad getting into Fantasmic will be to get into. Keep in mind the seats with the DP are not the greatest.

But as a general rule I don't eat in the studios all the food is pretty bad. We used to Love the BD but it has really gone down over the years.

I was hoping to get some more comments.

Right now, we have 5:30 pm Fantasmic package ressies at the BD for a 9:00pm show.

I just checked, and we could still get 5:35 ressies at YS, and fend for ourselves in getting seats for the Fantasmic.

Anyone? :rolleyes1

We love BD & we love the pkg. It is so nice not to have to get to the theate early.

Kae

I thought if you got a package, the preferred seating was only good for the first showing? Please let me know if I am terribly wrong, as I sure would prefer to go to a later showing myself. (if there IS a later showing when I'm going.)

I changed my BD package to Mama Melrose, after thinking back to our not-so-great Brown Derby experience last year.

I adore the Yachtsman's. It was my absolute favorite meal during all of last trip, and we ate many, many places.

Are you planning to spend the day at DHS? If you are, I wouldn't leave to go to YSH, then go back for Fantasmic. It's really not as convenient as it may sound. If you're going back to your resort to rest, & have plenty of time prior to dinner, I'd choose the menu that appeals to you most. If YSH appeals to you more, go with that. The commute one-way after a good rest would be much easier than a round-trip commute, after a long day in the park.

As far as HBD goes, we ate there several years ago, & had a really bad experience. (We didn't care for YSH either. Those are the only 2 signature restaurants we haven't liked.) We have decided to give HBD another try in October. I've seen more good reviews than bad. We decided against the FDP, because we prefer to eat later than the times available with the package. I'm not concerned about getting a seat.

Good luck with your decision. I hope you make the right choice for your family. :wizard:

Are you planning to spend the day at DHS? If you are, I wouldn't leave to go to YSH, then go back for Fantasmic. It's really not as convenient as it may sound. If you're going back to your resort to rest, & have plenty of time prior to dinner, I'd choose the menu that appeals to you most. If YSH appeals to you more, go with that. The commute one-way after a good rest would be much easier than a round-trip commute, after a long day in the park.

We are staying at the BC, and of course, YSH is right there. Originally we were going to HS about noon, eating at BD at 5:30, and going to F! at 9:00pm. Now it may be a matter of going to YSH after our visit to HS at 5:35, and returning for F! that night if we feel like it, or simply going to F! on another night, since we are staying there 9 nights.

The consensus here seems to be that YSH is far superior than BD. The question is when you factor in the convenience of the F! package available with BD, if the decision still weighs more heavily in favor of YSH. :confused:

We ate at both last week. It was my first time at Yachstmen and many times at BD.

Yachstmen- setting beautiful, awesome service. Ok steakhouse. Now I am a bit spoiled because in NYC we have great steakhouses but I tried not compare. It was good but I would pick Brown Derby over it. I had the filet with the wine sauce. Filet was excellent sauce just bok. DH had the porterhouse. He ordered it med it came out rare and cool. He hated it but didn't feel like sending it back. The apps were very good as well as the desserts. I didn't care for the mushrooms they needed a tad more flavor.

I like the food at Brown Derby (the salmon is my all time fav and I used to love the filet but the changesd that to a strip which looks good as well)better but it really is a persoanl opinion. I am not a huuuge steak eater. That being said I think YS is a better value on the meal plan for 2 credits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter