Brown Derby Red Curry Tofu Noodle Bowl

PrincessMe

Mouseketeer
Has anyone had the tofu noodle bowl at the Hollywood Brown Derby recently? I'm trying to figure out if the tofu is batter dipped or not and would appreciate the thoughts of someone else who has had or is planning to have it soon.

My husband just asked me if I would recreate this dish for his birthday. I have two recipes, one from a Disney cookbook and the other from the RunDisney website. The cookbook has you dip the tofu in a tempura batter before dredging in coconut and frying. The website and video skip the batter and say to just coat in coconut and fry.

DH LOVED the dish and I can't tell from my pictures whether it had batter or not. Any HBD experts here?

Thank you!

The one on the rundisney site is directly from the chef at HBD, so I would go with that one.

There's also the allears one, which was posted well before rundisney's blogger interviewed the chef.

http://allears.net/din/recipes/rec_thai.htm

Same recipe, just in ounces not cups. :)

Both say it's "breaded with coconut", and that's what it feels/tastes like to me!

One of our fave dishes at Disney!

Thank you! I think I will proceed with te just coconut version. If nothing else, it is easier and involves fewer dishes! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter