Broadway concerts dining package questions

disneyland fan

Mouseketeer
Going in January. This will be a father/son trip. Son is 15 and absolutely obsessed with Broadway and really wants to see the concert with Gavin Lee on the 25th (he’s more excited that he played Squidward than Bert). My question- what is the procedure for seating if we book the package? Are the seats that much better? Do we run the risk of not getting in to a performance if we don’t do the dining package? Do theses concerts fill up?

I'm pretty sure that they only reserve a select amount of seating for the dining package.
No seat in that theater is all that far from the stage. You can even stand right outside the theater and still have a very good view and decent sound.

Typically, those with dining packages get in first and have their choice of seats and then standby are welcome to come in. We have gone to the Festival since it started a couple of years ago and have gone to several concerts each year and the seating never comes close to filling - we always wander in a few minutes prior to start time and get a great seat towards the middle. I don't remember even seeing a section roped off (like they do for Candlelight) but they might?

If you want front row, or very close to the stage, it might be worth the dining package or standing in the standby line. If you are fine with a good, but maybe not right up close seat, you can get there 15 minutes prior and be fine. It's not near as popular as Candlelight or even most of the Eat to the Beat concerts.

The concerts are always fantastic and I'm sure your son will love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter