Broadwalk disappointment

MomWith2Cinderellas

I wished upon a star and was granted the 3 loves o
We came back from a trip to WDW on 12/9. We stayed at the BWV and BWI. We have stayed here many times with no problems. This time was different.

At the villas the room was dirty and I mean very dirty (unknown hair in tub on floors, food on the floor, somebody's Advil pills all over the floor, and a mystery sticky substance on the rug). For 4 days I dealt with management trying to get them to come up and see the dirt. Keep in mind my stay with them was for 6 days, so only 2 days there was no issue. Each time no one would come on and I was promised a VIP clean. Finally one very nice manager came up and saw the dirt. He could not understand why no one came up to view the room. He finally had a crew come in and clean the proper way. I was told by this manager that we were not the only people having issues with housekeeping. He said even the people at the front desk had issues with getting in touch with housekeeping management.

On 12/6 I checked in to the Inn section. I thought that the rooms would be in a cleaner state. Boy was I wrong! This room was even worse! The room had the mystery hair on the floor and in tub. Splattered chocolate milk (or some liquid that looks like it) on the wall and a picture, are you ready for this one....SNOT on the bathroom door. Since I was not using points for this stay I was quickly whisked out of that room and put in to another room.

I have never had the cleaning issues like we did on this trip. It was gross. We stayed at a Holiday Inn near Universal that was 100 times cleaner than the BWV/BWI. It was a fraction of the cost and not even close in the star rating.

I have written a very long letter to guest relations about the cleanliness of the rooms. When you pay what you pay, your room should be clean.

This did not spoil our trip! We had a blast at the parks!!:love: We found the CM's to be very pleasant and helpful. If we go back we may try staying at the Hilton in the Downtown Disney area. I will stay on property again, but more than likely it will not be the BWV/BWI.:confused3

MomWith2Cinderellas - I am so sorry that you had to experience the dirty rooms but I am very glad that you did not let it spoil your trip. That would have freaked me out walking into that room in the state it was in.:scared1::sick::scared1: It sounds like it wasn't even cleaned before you arrived. If it was, that's just really bad housekeeping. No matter what amount of money any one pays, their room should be spotless. I hope by you writing a letter to Management that they will take notice to what is going on. Here some pixiedust: for your next trip.

CoachBagFanatic - I agree no matter what amount you pay, you should be given a clean room.

MomWith2Cinderellas - I am so sorry that you had to experience the dirty rooms but I am very glad that you did not let it spoil your trip. That would have freaked me out walking into that room in the state it was in.:scared1::sick::scared1: It sounds like it wasn't even cleaned before you arrived. If it was, that's just really bad housekeeping. No matter what amount of money any one pays, their room should be spotless. I hope by you writing a letter to Management that they will take notice to what is going on. Here some pixiedust: for your next trip.

There was another thread about a WL room being nasty recently like this as well. Hope ours is clean in Feb.

I think if people tell management and write letters, than WDW will have to look at the issues with housekeeping.

I know but it's really a shame that it's happening at all. We have been really lucky in all our past stays with clean rooms Values - deluxe! I would have to really do something while there, I wouldn't stay in a dirty room for a week. The only time something similar happened was at a DL stay (they used to book packages years ago with local hotels nearby) We booked through the Magic Kingdom Club this package, the room was filthy. I called and they moved us to a penthouse suite in another hotel that they had contracts with back then (1989). It was really nice and that's how my only bad experience with disney ended. I know a long time ago and not real disney property

I think if people tell management and write letters, than WDW will have to look at the issues with housekeeping.

I agree. Something has to be done as the dirty rooms are becoming more and more frequent.

I know but it's really a shame that it's happening at all. We have been really lucky in all our past stays with clean rooms Values - deluxe! I would have to really do something while there, I wouldn't stay in a dirty room for a week. The only time something similar happened was at a DL stay (they used to book packages years ago with local hotels nearby) We booked through the Magic Kingdom Club this package, the room was filthy. I called and they moved us to a penthouse suite in another hotel that they had contracts with back then (1989). It was really nice and that's how my only bad experience with disney ended. I know a long time ago and not real disney property

You are correct, it is a shame that this is happening at all and that the OP had to experience this. We have been truly lucky with Disney and have not had a dirty room. I give the OP props for staying as long as she did. I would not have even unpacked.

OT: I know this has nothing to do with Disney but we had a family reunion back in 2004 (195 people) in PA. When we arrived at our destination, which by the way was recommended by a very close family member, we checked in. Drove to the building, I walked in to explore the villa and walked out. Now the restrictions were once you checked in there were no refunds no matter what. Went to the front desk and they told me that they could not switch us. I tried to be very polite about the situation and after 30 minutes of going back and forth I started to get loud and explain in very vivid detail what was wrong with this 3 bdrm villa. I even took pictures to show the front desk. Now mind you the lobby was full of people. They said ok, and gave me a full refund. Now we are without a room for the weekend.:scared1: Luckily, there was a great ski lodge right across the street from the reunion that had two rooms available. The place was very old but very clean and 1/2 the price. We had a great time.

Ok back on topic, Sorry. I really do hope that Disney Management will see these emails and letters and take care of the issues at hand.

Coach - Your story is kind of what we experienced in the Villa part. We rented points. With the point rental it almost seemed that when you are using points if there is a problem with a room they are not as quick to correct the problem.
For the second part of the trip, using a package from AAA it seemed that the BW was quicker to change a room and correct the issue.
At the Villas they never once offered to change our room. We were always promised a VIP clean, which of course never happened.

Disneyfan - This was the first time we have had such an issue. We had a dirty room at the CBR, but they bent over backwards to get it cleaned the proper way on the first day!! From that point on we had no problem with the room being cleaned.

I agree. Something has to be done as the dirty rooms are becoming more and more frequent.

You are correct, it is a shame that this is happening at all and that the OP had to experience this. We have been truly lucky with Disney and have not had a dirty room. I give the OP props for staying as long as she did. I would not have even unpacked.

OT: I know this has nothing to do with Disney but we had a family reunion back in 2004 (195 people) in PA. When we arrived at our destination, which by the way was recommended by a very close family member, we checked in. Drove to the building, I walked in to explore the villa and walked out. Now the restrictions were once you checked in there were no refunds no matter what. Went to the front desk and they told me that they could not switch us. I tried to be very polite about the situation and after 30 minutes of going back and forth I started to get loud and explain in very vivid detail what was wrong with this 3 bdrm villa. I even took pictures to show the front desk. Now mind you the lobby was full of people. They said ok, and gave me a full refund. Now we are without a room for the weekend.:scared1: Luckily, there was a great ski lodge right across the street from the reunion that had two rooms available. The place was very old but very clean and 1/2 the price. We had a great time.

Ok back on topic, Sorry. I really do hope that Disney Management will see these emails and letters and take care of the issues at hand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter