British Colonial Hilton - Nassau

Tarabra

DIS Veteran
I don't recall seeing any threads about this, but did see a short post about it in a Nassau thread. Has anyone gone there with a day pass? It says you get a $30 drink and food voucher. Just wonder how much this covers. Is a meal close to $30, can you just get a sandwich and tropical drinks w/ the rest? How is the beach? Any info would be appreciated.

I was there in Noember 2008. I purchased beach access, but it didn't come with meals or food so I just skipped those. The beach was small, but clean. It was virtually deserted since the hotel was under renovations at the time. Other than my group that was out there, there was maybe 4 other sunbathers.

Let me see if I can find some pictures...

Here ya go. As you can see it was a very overcast day. The yellow rails you see are the property barrier. The water's edge was maybe 100 feet from the back door of the hotel. A couple of the girls in the group did have these special coupons they found online to get drinks (I think one each) as part of their package, but they were pretty small (clear plastic throwaway picnic cup). Of course, this was 2008 so things may have changed since then.

hilton4.jpg

hilton3.jpg

hilton2.jpg

hilton1.jpg

I don't recall seeing any threads about this, but did see a short post about it in a Nassau thread. Has anyone gone there with a day pass? It says you get a $30 drink and food voucher. Just wonder how much this covers. Is a meal close to $30, can you just get a sandwich and tropical drinks w/ the rest? How is the beach? Any info would be appreciated.

Here is a post from a DIS'er who was there in Jan, just a month ago.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=35200821&postcount=4

Thanks...that may've been the post I saw but hadn't really heard any other comments on it. I think it will cost us $80 for the family since my kids are 5 and under and free, and $60 of that would be food and drink vouchers. It does look close from the pictures. I'll have to think about it. I wouldn't mind doing it for $10/ piece and just eat on the ship. I'm sure I would have a drink or two, but not $80 worth.

Birds-eye, it's pretty close to the docks. To get there, you do have to take a nice little walk past the straw market and down a couple blocks. I think it took us about 15 minutes - definitely not mertiting a cab ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter