Bringing Port on Board

twinsouvenirs

Mother of Dragons :)
Has anyone brought port wine or any other dessert wine on board as one of their allowed bottles? I was thinking that would be a glorious end to each day on the balcony, but it's fortified (ie stronger than most).

well technically, it's wine, so I think that it would be allowed, but @PrincessSchmoo
will be along with the stated / published rule

Has anyone brought port wine or any other dessert wine on board as one of their allowed bottles? I was thinking that would be a glorious end to each day on the balcony, but it's fortified (ie stronger than most).
I like that thinking and agree. A very nice end to the day on the balcony.

By the books: since Port has a distilled spirit added it is not allowed. Now, whether the person checking your bag even looks or knows or cares, that is an entirely different subject. All opinions aside, just be aware that if you bring it you could be forced to stow it and pick it up on your last morning.

Also, not all port bottles are the same shape as wine bottles. You could always give it a try. If they confiscate it, you get it back at the end of the cruise.

Confession time. On the recent Norwegian Fjords cruise I brought a single 16 oz can of beer onto the ship while at Alesund. As I was drinking this overpriced poor-tasting Norwegian beer in my stateroom, it dawned on me that I had broken the rules. I believe the rule allows for a six pack of 12 oz beers and says nothing about 16 oz beer cans. I was immediately traumatized by this revelation and to make amends I poured the remaining 4 ounces into the sink. I immediately felt better! :)

Confession time. On the recent Norwegian Fjords cruise I brought a single 16 oz can of beer onto the ship while at Alesund. As I was drinking this overpriced poor-tasting Norwegian beer in my stateroom, it dawned on me that I had broken the rules. I believe the rule allows for a six pack of 12 oz beers and says nothing about 16 oz beer cans. I was immediately traumatized by this revelation and to make amends I poured the remaining 4 ounces into the sink. I immediately felt better! :)

That's alcohol abuse :)

I think I'll probably bring one regular bottle of wine and one bottle of port... I would be traumatized losing both bottles for a week! I will look for the 'wine'iest bottle I can find.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter