• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bringing Mom to WDW for MY bday, Sept '09! Day 4 Part 1..AK and Tusker House 12/30!

Looks like a great plan! We're doing MNSSHP on Tues the 29th and I can't wait! I'm hoping it won't be too busy! Spending your b-day at MK is going to be wonderful!

Thank you! I think spending your anniversary at Disney in general will be just as wonderful :)

WOW! You are a super planner. :thumbsup2 I never thought of estimating best and worst park.

We are going 9/22 through 9/28. There are two MNSSHP during our stay. One on Tuesday the 22nd and one on Friday the 25th. My plan is to go to the one on the 25th. Our plane doesn't get in until 4PM on the 22nd and I don't want to feel rushed. :scared:

We did the tea at the GF last year and it was so yummy. My favorite is the Erros tea. All the food is yummy, but they are very good about letting you substitute items. My kids didn't like some of the tea sandwiches and they switched them for a different kind. :)

Ha yeah...I'm an obsessive compulsive disney vacation planner. It's bad. I think I need an intervention!

I would go to the Friday party if I were you too...I hate feeling rushed! :scared1: Depending on when my Florida friends can come (they have flexible schedules so it's possible they can make a weeknight party) will probably be the deciding factor on what day I personally choose. I'm thinking in September the halloween parties wont be that crazy yet.

So glad you liked the GF tea! I keep reading about it and haven't heard any negative comments yet. It sounds fabulous and I think my mom will really like it!

Hey girl I'm here! Looks like you are going to have a fantastic trip!!!! That's awesome that you only have to pay the difference between the DP and the DDP. I would of done it too...great price!

Great planning! I will see you at a food cart on 9/28! ;) Have you ever been to the F&WF? This is my first time, I can't wait!

I want to do the Tea someday, not with my DH though. He wouldn't be too happy about that. I was hoping one of my bridesmaids planned a girls tea for my wedding but it didn't happen. Only I would be the one to think of that.

Your plan looks great!!

I usually go ever September, it's my favorite time of the year to go, well, Sept. and October.
I love the Food and Wine Festival, and MNSSHP.
We are missing Sept. this year, because we are going on October, and for NYE.

Hi! Just wanted to pop in and let you know I used the online ADR system this morning and had a good experience with it. Keeping my fingers crossed for you and all our fellow last-week-of-September travelers.

Joining in. I am enjoying your PTR. I went to your TR and read about your friend's wedding. It was such a beautiful wedding. I cried when I listened to the song, Stealing Cinderella.

Have you decided on a MNSSHP night? I think we are gonna go on the 29th. We are just HOURS away from making our ADRs. Good Luck :thumbsup2

Hey girl I'm here! Looks like you are going to have a fantastic trip!!!! That's awesome that you only have to pay the difference between the DP and the DDP. I would of done it too...great price!

glad to see you over here :) I'm so excited about the deluxe plan... although being up right now at 5:40am to make ADRs...not so much fun!

Great planning! I will see you at a food cart on 9/28! ;) Have you ever been to the F&WF? This is my first time, I can't wait!

This will be my first f&wf too, can not wait! :)

I want to do the Tea someday, not with my DH though. He wouldn't be too happy about that. I was hoping one of my bridesmaids planned a girls tea for my wedding but it didn't happen. Only I would be the one to think of that.

ha yeah...I dont know how much DH would enjoy the tea. And leave it up to only us crazy Disney fans to think about having the tea during your wedding trip with the bridesmaids. That would have been a great idea!

Your plan looks great!!

I usually go ever September, it's my favorite time of the year to go, well, Sept. and October.
I love the Food and Wine Festival, and MNSSHP.
We are missing Sept. this year, because we are going on October, and for NYE.

Thanks Lou... ohh...Disney on NYE sounds amazing too. maybe one day I'll get down there for then.

Hi! Just wanted to pop in and let you know I used the online ADR system this morning and had a good experience with it. Keeping my fingers crossed for you and all our fellow last-week-of-September travelers.

Thank you! I'm up right now waiting to make my ADRs! Wish me luck!

Joining in. I am enjoying your PTR. I went to your TR and read about your friend's wedding. It was such a beautiful wedding. I cried when I listened to the song, Stealing Cinderella.

Have you decided on a MNSSHP night? I think we are gonna go on the 29th. We are just HOURS away from making our ADRs. Good Luck :thumbsup2

Thank you :) Hope you're up right now! T-minus 14 mins before ADRs open. It's WAYYYYY too early to be up right now! I must have woken up like 3 times in the past hour thinking I overslept. ugh! Good luck with your ADRs!!!

And isn't Stealing Cinderella awesome? I cried like a baby!! Such a perfect song to dance with dad at Disney to.

So I'm awake... and I'm NOT too happy about it. ADRs open in 12 minutes. Hopefully I don't have a problem getting the 90+10 like some other people. :( Cross your fingers guys!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

WOOHOOOOO!! Everyone do the happy dance with me! :hippie:

I got EVERYTHING I wanted! All 17 ADRs! Some of the times aren't picture perfect but hey...we'll deal with it! The one I'm the most bummed about is my birthday breakfast at Crystal Palace. I wanted as close to 8am as possible but had to take 9am. I'll check again tomorrow morning on the actual 90 day mark for 9/27.

I made sure to NOT be logged on before 6am. At 6am, I logged on using my email and password that I created. Searched for my first restaurant, when it came up, clicked book a reservation. Then clicked 'associate with a vacation reservation' (or whatever the wording is). Put in my vacation confirmation # and phone number, and it said that I'm staying at POFQ from 9/26-10/3 and all the dates on the calendar were unlocked.

The shopping cart only holds 10 reservations at a time so I had to check out after the first 10, and slowly input my bday celebration into each one (the only annoying part!). After I did it for all of them, I instantly got an email confirmation. I then went ahead and booked the remaining 7 ADRs and did the same thing with the bday.

I was done with all 17 ADRs by 6:35am. Not too shabby.

Oh..not sure if it matters but I normally use Firefox as my browser but read a few posts saying that it was REALLLY slow. I used Safari on my Mac this morning and it was QUICK! I did get a little nervous after I clicked check out for the first 10 ADRs. It took at least a minute for the confirmation page to come up. But it finally did!

Right now I'm on hold with Disney Dining just trying to book the GF Tea for my mom and I on the day we arrive. Can they PLEASE change the song?!??!! I know it's 7am but... if I hear the Main Street song or the Train Conductor ONE MORE TIME!! I've only been on hold with them for 14 mins so far and I've heard both at least 5 times... oh..make that 6. The Main St song just started again :scared1::sad2:

So here is everything I got... In parenthesis I'll put what time I tried for.

Port Orleans French Quarter
2 8-Day Park Hopper Passes
Deluxe Dining Upgrade
September 26, 2009 - October 3, 2009

* helpful key:
Crowd: estimated crowd level
BP: best park
WP: worst park

I also included the hours for ALL the parks that day in case we want to hop. And if there's night parades (we dont do the day parades), wishes, or fantasmic, I put that too. Illuminations is every night at closing time of Epcot. The October dates I just took from the prior week in September so those will probably change.

September 26, 2009 (Saturday)
Crowd: 7 BP: EP WP: HS
Park: ? maybe MK
ADRs: Lunch: GF Tea 2:20pm (wanted 2:30pm)
Dinner: Citricos 6:20pm (wanted 6:30pm)
MK: 9am-10pm
8pm Spectro
9pm Wishes
Ep: 9am-9pm
HS: 8am-7pm (EMH Morning included)
AK: 9am-5pm

September 27, 2009 (Sunday) aka MY BIRTHDAY!
Crowd: 4 BP: AK/MK WP: EP
Park: MK
ADRs: Breakfast: Crystal Palace 9am (wanted 8am)
Lunch: Tonys 1pm (wanted 1pm)
Dinner: Kona 6:35pm (wanted 6:30pm)
MK: 9am-11pm (EMH evening included)
8pm Wishes
HS: 9am-7pm

September 28, 2009 (Monday)
Crowd: 5 BP: HS WP: MK/AK
Park: Epcot
ADRs: Breakfast: Wave 8am (wanted 8am)
Lunch: Tutto Italia 1pm (wanted 1pm)
Dinner: Teppan Edo 7:50pm (wanted 7pm)
MK: 9am-9pm
9pm Wishes
Ep: 9am-12am (EMH evening included)
AK: 8am-5pm (EMH morning included)

September 29, 2009 (Tuesday)
Crowd: 4 BP: AK WP: EP
Park: AK
**Possibly MNSSHP tonight?**
ADRs: Breakfast: Tusker House 8am (wanted 8am)
Lunch: Pizzafari or CS
Dinner: Yak & Yeti 4:45pm (wanted 5pm)
Extra: Carriage Ride at POR?
MK: 9am-7pm (MNSSHP tonight)
no parade/fireworks
HS: 8am-8pm (EMH Morning included)
8pm Fantasmic

September 30, 2009 (Wednesday)
Crowd: 5 BP: EP WP: AK
Park: EP
ADRs: Breakfast: POFQ
Lunch: Chefs 1pm (wanted 1pm)
Dinner: Tutto 7pm (wanted 7pm)
9pm Wishes
HS: 9am-10pm (EMH Evening included)

October 1, 2009 (Thursday) (tentative)
Crowd: 4 BP: AK WP: MK/EP
Park: HS
Lunch: SciFi 11:30am (wanted 12pm)
Dinner: Mama Melrose 5:45pm (wanted 6:30pm)
MK: 8am-9pm (EMH morning included)
8pm Spectro
9pm Wishes

October 2, 2009 (Friday) (tentative)
Crowd: 4 BP: HS WP: EP
**possibly MNSSHP tonight?**
ADRs: Breakfast: Kona 8am (wanted 8am)
Lunch: Plaza 1pm (wanted 1pm)
Dinner: Tonys 6:30pm (wanted 6:30pm)
no parade/fireworks
Ep: 9am-8pm
HS: 9am-8pm
8pm Fantasmic
AK: 9am-8pm (EMH Evening included)

October 3, 2009 (Saturday) (tentative)
Crowd: 5 BP: EP WP: HS
Park: EP?
ADRs: Breakfast: Wave 8:25am (wanted 8am)
Lunch: F&W?

* and fyi... it's 7:24am (10 mins after I started writing this post...still on hold and I heard the Main Street song TWO MORE TIMES ON HOLD!!!! AHHHH!!!! :scared1: I really did used to like this song. Now I might run down Main St holding my ears when we go..hahahaha! (jk) :laughing:

YAY!:cool1: I'm so glad you were able to get everything you wanted! I hope I'm as lucky when I make adrs on Tuesday!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

WOOHOOOOO!! Everyone do the happy dance with me! :hippie:

I got EVERYTHING I wanted! All 17 ADRs! Some of the times aren't picture perfect but hey...we'll deal with it! The one I'm the most bummed about is my birthday breakfast at Crystal Palace. I wanted as close to 8am as possible but had to take 9am. I'll check again tomorrow morning on the actual 90 day mark for 9/27.

I made sure to NOT be logged on before 6am. At 6am, I logged on using my email and password that I created. Searched for my first restaurant, when it came up, clicked book a reservation. Then clicked 'associate with a vacation reservation' (or whatever the wording is). Put in my vacation confirmation # and phone number, and it said that I'm staying at POFQ from 9/26-10/3 and all the dates on the calendar were unlocked.

The shopping cart only holds 10 reservations at a time so I had to check out after the first 10, and slowly input my bday celebration into each one (the only annoying part!). After I did it for all of them, I instantly got an email confirmation. I then went ahead and booked the remaining 7 ADRs and did the same thing with the bday.

I was done with all 17 ADRs by 6:35am. Not too shabby.

Oh..not sure if it matters but I normally use Firefox as my browser but read a few posts saying that it was REALLLY slow. I used Safari on my Mac this morning and it was QUICK! I did get a little nervous after I clicked check out for the first 10 ADRs. It took at least a minute for the confirmation page to come up. But it finally did!

Right now I'm on hold with Disney Dining just trying to book the GF Tea for my mom and I on the day we arrive. Can they PLEASE change the song?!??!! I know it's 7am but... if I hear the Main Street song or the Train Conductor ONE MORE TIME!! I've only been on hold with them for 14 mins so far and I've heard both at least 5 times... oh..make that 6. The Main St song just started again :scared1::sad2:

So here is everything I got... In parenthesis I'll put what time I tried for.

Port Orleans French Quarter
2 8-Day Park Hopper Passes
Deluxe Dining Upgrade
September 26, 2009 - October 3, 2009

* helpful key:
Crowd: estimated crowd level
BP: best park
WP: worst park

I also included the hours for ALL the parks that day in case we want to hop. And if there's night parades (we dont do the day parades), wishes, or fantasmic, I put that too. Illuminations is every night at closing time of Epcot. The October dates I just took from the prior week in September so those will probably change.

September 26, 2009 (Saturday)
Crowd: 7 BP: EP WP: HS
Park: ? maybe MK
ADRs: Lunch: GF Tea 2:20pm (wanted 2:30pm)
Dinner: Citricos 6:20pm (wanted 6:30pm)
MK: 9am-10pm
8pm Spectro
9pm Wishes

8pm Wishes

9pm Wishes

September 29, 2009 (Tuesday)
Crowd: 4 BP: AK WP: EP
Park: AK
**Possibly MNSSHP tonight?**
ADRs: Breakfast: Tusker House 8am (wanted 8am)
Lunch: Pizzafari or CS
Dinner: Yak & Yeti 4:45pm (wanted 5pm)
Extra: Carriage Ride at POR?
no parade/fireworks
HS: 8am-8pm (EMH Morning included)
8pm Fantasmic

September 30, 2009 (Wednesday)
Crowd: 5 BP: EP WP: AK
Park: EP
Lunch: Chefs 1pm (wanted 1pm)
Dinner: Tutto 7pm (wanted 7pm)
9pm Wishes
HS: 9am-10pm (EMH Evening included)

October 1, 2009 (Thursday) (tentative)
Crowd: 4 BP: AK WP: MK/EP
Park: HS
Lunch: SciFi 11:30am (wanted 12pm)
Dinner: Mama Melrose 5:45pm (wanted 6:30pm)
MK: 8am-9pm (EMH morning included)
8pm Spectro
9pm Wishes

October 2, 2009 (Friday) (tentative)
Crowd: 4 BP: HS WP: EP
**possibly MNSSHP tonight?**
ADRs: Breakfast: Kona 8am (wanted 8am)
Lunch: Plaza 1pm (wanted 1pm)
Dinner: Tonys 6:30pm (wanted 6:30pm)
no parade/fireworks
Ep: 9am-8pm
HS: 9am-8pm
8pm Fantasmic
AK: 9am-8pm (EMH Evening included)

October 3, 2009 (Saturday) (tentative)
Crowd: 5 BP: EP WP: HS
Park: EP?
ADRs: Breakfast: Wave 8:25am (wanted 8am)
Lunch: F&W?

* and fyi... it's 7:24am (10 mins after I started writing this post...still on hold and I heard the Main Street song TWO MORE TIMES ON HOLD!!!! AHHHH!!!! :scared1: I really did used to like this song. Now I might run down Main St holding my ears when we go..hahahaha! (jk) :laughing:

AHHH HAAA, now I know who took my 8 am Tusker House ADR :lmao:. Your ADRs look great :thumbsup2.

I just wonder how crowded the parks are really going to be? I am thinking they may not be too bad with Disney extending the booking window for free dining. We can hope.

Hey there long time 'no see'!! I'm enjoying your plans!! I'm going to be there the same time as you... we may even pass each other at Epcot on Weds!! We have ADRs for Chefs at 12 noon! :woohoo:

We are doing the MNSSHP in Thurs 10/1... We debated a bit on which day, but thought Fri would be busier with the locals

I've skimmed thru your ADRs and itinerary... now I'm going to go back and catch up with the rest:thumbsup2

Paula

Excellent ADRs! We won't be crossing paths at TS, but we'll be in Epcot on Monday, AK on Tuesday, Epcot on Wednesday, HS on Thursday and MK on Friday!! Great minds, huh?

Oh, just noticed. Check you itenerary. Maybe you just mis-typed, but MNSSHP is on Oct 1st and 2nd, but you have the 2nd and 3rd marked.

AHHH HAAA, now I know who took my 8 am Tusker House ADR :lmao:. Your ADRs look great :thumbsup2.

I just wonder how crowded the parks are really going to be? I am thinking they may not be too bad with Disney extending the booking window for free dining. We can hope.

Ha, I'm still trying to figure out who took all my 8am Crystal Palace ADRs! I really don't think the parks are going to be THAT bad. I'm hoping.. lol. And it's defintiely good that they extended free dining. Cross your fingers!

Hey there long time 'no see'!! I'm enjoying your plans!! I'm going to be there the same time as you... we may even pass each other at Epcot on Weds!! We have ADRs for Chefs at 12 noon! :woohoo:

We are doing the MNSSHP in Thurs 10/1... We debated a bit on which day, but thought Fri would be busier with the locals

I've skimmed thru your ADRs and itinerary... now I'm going to go back and catch up with the rest:thumbsup2

Paula

Hey! I didn't realize you had a pre trip going, I'm heading over there right after this! Maybe we'll run into each other :cool1: I also agree that the friday might be busier for MNSSHP too so I'm trying to push for either Tuesday or Thursday!

Excellent ADRs! We won't be crossing paths at TS, but we'll be in Epcot on Monday, AK on Tuesday, Epcot on Wednesday, HS on Thursday and MK on Friday!! Great minds, huh?

Oh, just noticed. Check you itenerary. Maybe you just mis-typed, but MNSSHP is on Oct 1st and 2nd, but you have the 2nd and 3rd marked.

Ohh..thanks for the catch. I think mentally I knew it was the 1st and 2nd.. lol I'll go take a look. :) And definitely great minds! Trying to stay away from some of the chaos! Maybe we'll run into each other!

Kudos to great ADRs...I called this morning and got everything I was trying for the first part of my ressie. I will have to call again on Tuesday and hope to get the rest of mine so wish me luck. I guess we will both be down there at the same time and Happy Birthday from one Libra to another (my bday is 10/2)!!!

8pm Wishes

9pm Wishes

Grats on the great ADRs! Keep an eye out for us on these two days, we'll be at the same parks. No dining plans in common but we'll be at Tokyo Dining, hopefully at a table with a view for Illuminations, while you're at Teppan Edo. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter