Bringing luggage into your resort room with ME

bobbie68

DIS Veteran
Hi,

It has been suggested that you check out your room for pests, before bringing in your luggage. I love the idea but what do I do when ME is going to deliver my luggage and I won't be there? They just put it in the room anywhere. Should I have something set up and leave them a note. Any suggestions are welcome.

I would leave a message with Bell Services asking them NOT to deliver your luggage until you call them.

You will always (as far as I know) be at your resort before your luggage. Just go check out the room and if it's unacceptable go back to the front desk and work with them on it. Then when your luggage shows up you should be settled in your room.

Or you can always pick up your luggage before getting on the ME so you have your luggage with you. Then when you check in, if your room is ready you can have bell services hold it or if it is not ready, you can check the room first and then have it delivered up.

Or you can always pick up your luggage before getting on the ME so you have your luggage with you. Then when you check in, if your room is ready you can have bell services hold it or if it is not ready, you can check the room first and then have it delivered up.

I would hope that more people would err on the side of caution and realize that your luggage almost never appears in your room before you do, as a PP stated.

If everyone started taking suggestion in the off-chance there MIGHT be bedbugs in their room and everyone pulls their luggage from the carousel and brings it onto the bus, it will add a significant amount of time for deboarding the bus after getting to the resort.

The less people who drag their luggage onto the bus, the better.

Your luggage may have already picked up bugs on your plane flight from another suitcase in there with yours.

Since you'll be at your room before your luggage, just check then. If there's an issue go to the front desk, if not then no worries!

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all the information on this. I will check out my room as soon as I arrive and I will take precautions with my luggage when I get home.:)

I would hope that more people would err on the side of caution and realize that your luggage almost never appears in your room before you do, as a PP stated.

If everyone started taking suggestion in the off-chance there MIGHT be bedbugs in their room and everyone pulls their luggage from the carousel and brings it onto the bus, it will add a significant amount of time for deboarding the bus after getting to the resort.

I'm not sure why it is better for people not to bring their luggage on the bus. We always bring our luggage and yet we always end up waiting for others to get on the bus so we've never, ever delayed the bus. And even if we were last on, it takes 30 seconds to load it up.

Anyway, I don't do this because of bed bugs but because we need the items in our luggage.

I'm not sure why it is better for people not to bring their luggage on the bus. We always bring our luggage and yet we always end up waiting for others to get on the bus so we've never, ever delayed the bus. And even if we were last on, it takes 30 seconds to load it up.

Anyway, I don't do this because of bed bugs but because we need the items in our luggage.

The delay is caused at the resorts. It takes considerably longer to drop people off if the driver needs to unload a lot of luggage from under the bus and make sure that everyone gets their correct luggage. If you are the first stop (and they don't make you wait on the bus for the driver to unload the luggage), it doesn't make much difference. However, if you are the 3rd/4th stop, it can add up.

Are bedbugs in areas other than the beds? I've only used ME once, but our luggage (which arrived after we did, but while we were out at the parks) wasn't placed on the bed, so it would only be an issue if bugs were in the carpet. Maybe you could leave a note asking that your luggage not be put on the bed.

I'll be bringing my luggage with me with flying over from the UK, and not living on the door step of the airport at home, by the time that I arrive in disney I'll have been travelling for about 20 hours. By that time I think that I'll need my luggage for a fresh set of clothing if nothing else...

When you have, lets say, 10 families bringing their checked bags to the DME bus with them, that would be about 20 bags...at least, and probably more. Since those bags now have to be off loaded at the resort, and handed to the correct party (since the driver is now looking for a tip because he 'touched' your bag), it is adding significant time to the total bus run time. The only time it has taken me more than 70 mins, from gate to resort, was the time there were huge numbers of checked bags to be off loaded. Rather than just spending 5 mins at each resort, if that, the bus remained there, for 10 mins. Drove me nuts.
So, it's not the loading at the airport, it's the off loadiing at the resort level that takes the time.

Are bedbugs in areas other than the beds? I've only used ME once, but our luggage (which arrived after we did, but while we were out at the parks) wasn't placed on the bed, so it would only be an issue if bugs were in the carpet. Maybe you could leave a note asking that your luggage not be put on the bed.

Bedbugs are found just about anywhere. They can be in the carpets as well as on bedding.
But, here's the thing. I have never, not once, had to change rooms due to a bedbug issue in over 30+ stays at WDW. I have never seen evidence of the critters..and believe me, I check..every time. My dd had a bedbug issue at camp....I'm pretty knowledgable when it comes to these bugs. We know what to look for.
It's just nothing I'm getting in a dither about. Go into your room. Pull back the sheets, right down to the bare mattress. Check along the mattress seams/cording area. Check behind the headboard if at all possible. If not possible, check behind the nightstand. IF you see any brownish flecks, leave the room and go to the front desk and ask for another room. But again..not once in over 30+ stays have I ever seen any evidence of bedbugs.
This is really an overplayed issue.

Your luggage may have already picked up bugs on your plane flight from another suitcase in there with yours.

I was wondering about this.

Is it too cold in the luggage area of the plane for bedbugs to be moving from bag to bag?

For example it may not be cold enough to kill them, but it may make them hibernate.

Any thoughts?

Obviously it could happen when they are loading or unloading the plane or sending the bags to Disney.

I would look into the repellant and spray your bags if your are that concerned.

Also my room has never been ready when I have gotten off of the magic express.
My bags have always been in the room when I came back from the parks later.
Usually on the floor by the door.

I was wondering about this.

Is it too cold in the luggage area of the plane for bedbugs to be moving from bag to bag?

For example it may not be cold enough to kill them, but it may make them hibernate.

Any thoughts?

Obviously it could happen when they are loading or unloading the plane or sending the bags to Disney.

I would look into the repellant and spray your bags if your are that concerned.

Also my room has never been ready when I have gotten off of the magic express.
My bags have always been in the room when I came back from the parks later.
Usually on the floor by the door.
Cold doesn't affect bedbugs. Heat does. Authorities are finding that heat that is above 140 degrees is needed to kill the pests. There are no sprays that are effective..hence the issues we are seeing nowadays.
IF there is any concern about your luggage when you return home, just put them in a large trash bag and put that into your car's trunk. Put the car out in the sun..this should happen for a week. The built up heat in that bag will kill the bedbugs. That's what we do when my dd gets home from camp..every year, whether there were bugs reported or not!!!

IF there is any concern about your luggage when you return home, just put them in a large trash bag and put that into your car's trunk. Put the car out in the sun..this should happen for a week. The built up heat in that bag will kill the bedbugs. That's what we do when my dd gets home from camp..every year, whether there were bugs reported or not!!!

That may work great in a country where the sun makes a regular appearance, but I doubt it would work for us :rotfl:

Cold doesn't affect bedbugs. Heat does. Authorities are finding that heat that is above 140 degrees is needed to kill the pests. There are no sprays that are effective..hence the issues we are seeing nowadays.

google it cold doeskill bed bugsjustlike heat does.:thumbsup2

Your point is noted, however, DH and DD4 will be bringing carry-on suitcases and I will be bringing my big ole' pink suitcase. I will be taking it on the bus because we will need all of the decorations and organization items that are located in my suitcase before we head out and do anything. I want everything set up and ready to go before we head out and have fun. If i had a big enough carry on, I would just bring that and leave my suitcase to the ME people, however I don't. I sure hope people aren't giving me the stink eye when they see me carrying my bag to the ME bus. :confused::confused::confused:

Your point is noted, however, DH and DD4 will be bringing carry-on suitcases and I will be bringing my big ole' pink suitcase. I will be taking it on the bus because we will need all of the decorations and organization items that are located in my suitcase before we head out and do anything. I want everything set up and ready to go before we head out and have fun. If i had a big enough carry on, I would just bring that and leave my suitcase to the ME people, however I don't. I sure hope people aren't giving me the stink eye when they see me carrying my bag to the ME bus. :confused::confused::confused:

There is nothing that says you can NOT bring your luggage with you on ME. If people give you the stink eye, that is their problem. If they don't want to be 'delayed' due to other people, they shouldn't be taking a mass form of transit.

Don't worry they will be giving us the stinkeye too! Tough tooties! I don't want my luggage magically delivered while I am out enjoying the parks. As a PP noted, our room is never ready and they always deliver our luggage while we are at the parks. I would rather not think about it sitting in a bedbug infested room while I try to enjoy myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter