Bringing Alcohol Onboard

Dustin

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

Just curious about the limits of bringing alcohol onboard the ships. I know it has to be in a soft carry on container. I'm planning on bringing a soft cooler and maybe a backpack of beer cans. I just didn't know if there was a quantity amount restricted on Disney Cruise Line. Also is there a limit on liquor bottles considering they are made of glass. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dustin

Hi everyone,

Just curious about the limits of bringing alcohol onboard the ships. I know it has to be in a soft carry on container. I'm planning on bringing a soft cooler and maybe a backpack of beer cans. I just didn't know if there was a quantity amount restricted on Disney Cruise Line. Also is there a limit on liquor bottles considering they are made of glass. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dustin

Dustin (the Dustin?)
There is no restriction on bringing on board glass bottles of liquor. Val & I routinely bring bottles of wine with us to drink in our cabin.

You must put your alcohol in your carry-on bag for DCL. Keep in mind that means you'll be hauling it around from the time you arrive at the port until you get into your cabins at 1:30 since there is no place to leave your bags.

Also if you are bringing a large quantity I recommend bringing the receipts with you (we did this on our 8 night) just incase you don't finish it. You can bring back 1L duty free per person.

Also if you are bringing a large quantity I recommend bringing the receipts with you (we did this on our 8 night) just incase you don't finish it. You can bring back 1L duty free per person.

That's a good idea because we didn't even open the bottle of Crown Royal we brought; we were far too busy exploring the ship, the shore, or the insides of our eyelids!

Same thing happened to me on one of my cruises, but I didn't take a receipt. I explained it to the custom's agent and she told me it wasn't a big deala nd waived me right on through.

I would double the whole "make sure you can carry it for extended time periods" sentiment. I thought I could do it, had 2 bottles of wine, thought it wouldn't be too hard. Had a nice bruise on my shoulder afterwards.

I would double the whole "make sure you can carry it for extended time periods" sentiment. I thought I could do it, had 2 bottles of wine, thought it wouldn't be too hard. Had a nice bruise on my shoulder afterwards.

Or, just get a nice small bag with wheels that you can roll around. That's what I did last time and was able to brings 4-5 bottles of wine, 3-4 bombers of craft beer and a 1.5 liter bottle of rum.

Or, just get a nice small bag with wheels that you can roll around. That's what I did last time and was able to brings 4-5 bottles of wine, 3-4 bombers of craft beer and a 1.5 liter bottle of rum.

Can the rolling bag be a small carry on size suitcase or does it have to be a rolling cooler?

Can the rolling bag be a small carry on size suitcase or does it have to be a rolling cooler?

It can be any type of suitcase or duffle bag or soft sided rolling cooler. No hard sided coolers are allowed. It just has to fit through an airport sized x-ray scanner. Also...no ice allowed in the bags.

MJ

It can be any type of suitcase or duffle bag or soft sided rolling cooler. No hard sided coolers are allowed. It just has to fit through an airport sized x-ray scanner. Also...no ice allowed in the bags.

MJ

Awesome thank you for the info!! =)

I've seen boxes of booze rolled on using the portable, collapsible luggage carts. The carts are less than $20 so I plan to get one before our next cruise to haul a week's worth of Diet Dr. Pepper onboard.

This is how we carried our bottles and Tervis cups. It fit very nicely. We used some bubble-wrap wine bottle protectors on the glass bottles, which you can see behind the cups and the Malibu. It is a rolling bag, smaller than the DCL max size. Worked great, and was easy to roll around while we waited for our stateroom to be ready.

226352_3828996275669_1636617211_n.jpg

We bring bottles of Stoli Vanil (1L instead of 750ml) and then use Diet Coke from the fountain. Perfect! Saves a ton of $. I still order cocktails at dinner, in Wavebands, etc. but getting a good start while getting ready or having a couple drinks after the boys go to sleep is much better this way! We got the DCL rolling duffles for the boys as a promo in July on the Alaska sailing and will use them as booze transport in October cruising the California Coast!

What is the difference between how high a bag is and how deep it is? I assume the width is is from side to side.. I don't see a max on the length of a bag, so I assume duffel bags are ok?? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter