Bringing 5 and 7 yr old to DHS - what to ride?

DisneyFave

Mouseketeer
Will be at DHS with my brother/SIL and 5 and 7 yr old nieces for half a day (morning, leaving Contemporary 8:30am if we’re realistic).

What would you plan for them considering we’re using FPs for Magic Kingdom later that day?

TIA:):)

Toy Story Land attractions.

But, without FPs... that's not gonna be easy.
Slinky Dog will likely not be possible w/o FP.
But, Toy Story Mania first-thing would likely be OK.

Voyage of the Little Mermaid is a good show.
Frozen Singalong is a VERY fun show!

Don't forget Muppet 3D... a lot of silliness and surprises.
And, Star Tours!
How about signing up for Jedi Training?

I'd get out of your hotel by much closer to 8AM.

Last edited:
We just took our 7 year old last week. She loved alien swirling saucers and Toy Story Mania. She decided halfway through the trip she was afraid of coasters, so we had to give up our Slinky Dog Fastpasses :sad:

She also loved the Frozen Singalong (she was SO excited when it "snowed") and the Muppets.

We got lucky and managed to get 2 additional consecutive FPs for Toy Story Mania after our initial 3 were used, so we rode that multiple times. That's about all she wanted to do there - we didn't spend a ton of time.

Just returned from a trip with a 5 and 7 year - both girls. We managed to swing both Alien Saucers and Toy Story without Fastpasses...we had a bit of a wait, but not bad (30 and 45 min.) We also did the Frozen show, Beauty and the Beast show, Muppet 3D, and had a FP (something I know you don't) for Rock N Roller Coaster. The five year old was still too short and was crushed she couldn't go on it, she's a bit of a daredevil. The seven year old was just tall enough and loved it.

Lightning McQueen also has a new show. I am looking forward to taking my kids for the first time in July. I would hit Toy Story Mania at rope drop and follow up with Alien Swirling Saucers. Slinky Dog will be too long a wait without FP. Other shows kids may enjoy are Beauty and the Beast, Muppets, Frozen, and Little Mermaid as others have mentioned. Indiana Jones is just ok in my book, partly because it's outdoors without climate control. Depending on their tolerance for thrill they may like RnR or ToT but they easily could be young for those, especially the 5-year-old. There is a Disney Jr Dance Party show also with Vampirina, Mickey, Doc McStuffins and I believe Timon. This show has been redone since I saw it last. It caters to young kids. Hollywood Studios is light on rides for kids, but it does have a lot of shows.

Toy Story Mania is one of my all time favorite rides in any of the parks.

I also love Muppet Vision 3D!

Disney Jr. Dance party--huge hit with our 5 yr old, a chance to jump and dance and move around--lots of space, several characters. Great fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!