Bring on the "Christmas Bash" or whatever they're going to call it! - UPDATE: Disney announced 7/12 - VERY MERRIEST! #Halfwaytotheholidays

Question, in a normal year at Christmas time, do the wooden soldiers appear during the day or are they only around during MVMCP?

Im hoping they come out with information SOON!

and now I have to ponder dates..even though they aren't even OUT YET! Here is what WDWINFO.com had for the 2019 dates...

View attachment 581629

IF Disney goes the same date route as 2019, then it would start this year Friday, Nov. 5th and the it would be held on the next Mon/Tues, Thurs/Fri, Sunday, then Tues/Wed....

SOOOO....my ponder is if we arrive on a Wednesday and they do have the party on the Thurs/Friday that we're there, do I go to the party on Thursday or Friday? Which one would be more crowded? I would assume Friday bc maybe locals would come too vs. a Thursday..

I tried to ask DH his thoughts about it and he mumbled something about me overthinking things....:rolleyes1 :rolleyes2

Anyone have thoughts on that??

I'm hoping they add more dates in December. Last time it was very very crowded and i think it
was around Dec 1st. I can only imagine how it gets closer to Christmas. My husband thinks i overthink
things also but I need to know as soon they can put it out. We are squeezing Universal in this trip.

**Oh and i can only imagine the cost.......probabaly figuring out how much to charge since the
BooBash is selling like hotcakes.

I'm really hoping the Candlelight Processional returns at EPCOT. As well as the storyteller performances in each country.

Me too! We’ve been down for the end of F&W in November so we’ve seen a lot of the holiday stuff at other parks and DS, but we’ve never been there late enough for Festival of the Holidays, the candlelight processional; or the storytellers in each country; this year we are coming 11/28-12/3 so we will hit it! Hope it’s all back to normal by then.

We also love Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam and the projections on ToT at HS, and the decorations at AK and MK too. I can’t wait!

Is it too much to hope that after the whole world has experienced a crappy couple of years that Disney does something spectacular and brings back the Osborne Lights for the 50th anniversary celebration? One can only dream.

Question, in a normal year at Christmas time, do the wooden soldiers appear during the day or are they only around during MVMCP?
Just the party (and Christmas week when the parade replaced the normal day parade)

last year they marched with the Main Street philharmonic as a cavalcade and it was amazing

Me too! We’ve been down for the end of F&W in November so we’ve seen a lot of the holiday stuff at other parks and DS, but we’ve never been there late enough for Festival of the Holidays, the candlelight processional; or the storytellers in each country; this year we are coming 11/28-12/3 so we will hit it! Hope it’s all back to normal by then.

We also love Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam and the projections on ToT at HS, and the decorations at AK and MK too. I can’t wait!

Is it too much to hope that after the whole world has experienced a crappy couple of years that Disney does something spectacular and brings back the Osborne Lights for the 50th anniversary celebration? One can only dream.

Wow just how much stuff do they have going on? Is all this seperate admission?

It used to be at Epcot the storytellers were just at the different countries there was a schedule of times. For the Candlelight Processional the only way to guarantee a seat was to sign up for a package. There were 3 shows a night and when making the reservation you picked which of the show times you wanted and then it told you which meal time you needed and the cost of the package depended on if it was breakfast, lunch, or dinner and which restaurant. You got a choice of an appetizer, entree, dessert, and non alcoholic drink. There was a standby line for free but depending on how popular the celebrity narrator was you could wait hours and not get in. Who knows if that will all change when they have it again. There were also food booths for a fee. At DHS the Jingle Bell Jingle Bam was free but if you wanted a good spot there was a dessert party with a cost. The projections on TOT were also free. At MK the MVMCP was held on certain nights during the holiday season and there was a special fee. You could enter at 4 pm there was a special entrance where you got your wristband and map and I believe it started at 7 pm. If you were already in that park for the day they had stations you could pick those items up. And they sold special merchandise.

Just mvmcp
Studios started with Jingle Bell Jingle Bam (fireworks/projection show on Chinese Theater) and later sunset seasons greetings (projection show on ToT) after they got rid of their previous light exhibit

Epcot does festival of the holidays which is one of their many festivals through the year

I’m hoping they announce the Christmas stuff soon. I‘ve never done a Disney trip at Christmas time, so whatever they come up with will be exciting and magical to me. And I always overbudget my trips, so I’m all set even if it’s higher cost than previous years

Our trips are usually right after thanksgiving, Jingle Bell, Jingle Jam desssert party was fun. They had your dessert food, but also little appetizers and the most amazing hot cocoa with a hint of cherry flavored Jim Beam ( i think). We put it in to go cups and took some out to the fireworks viewing area with us. It was also nice to get a picture with Santa Goofy. I hope it returns

I have to say, I'm really hoping for MVMCP! 🎄☃❄

With the direction Disney is moving and how quickly they are doing it, I fully expect they will use this as an opportunity to change anything "Christmas". The offering will still be there in some fashion with the money it brings in, but I would fully expect it to change.

I do wonder, now that they're bringing back fireworks on July 1st - then they should have fireworks for the Boo Bash party AND for our yet to be announced "Yuletide Bash", don't you think?????

pixiedust:

I do wonder, now that they're bringing back fireworks on July 1st - then they should have fireworks for the Boo Bash party AND for our yet to be announced "Yuletide Bash", don't you think?????

pixiedust:
I hope it's a good sign that there might be something more like MVMCP!

Aside from whatever after hours Christmas thing they plan on doing this year... Is the MVMCP even worth it? That seems like a lot of money for just walking around and then seeing a Christmas parade with snow.

Aside from whatever after hours Christmas thing they plan on doing this year... Is the MVMCP even worth it? That seems like a lot of money for just walking around and then seeing a Christmas parade with snow.
I'm going to throw ALL of my money at Disney to give me whatever Christmas show (with fireworks) they're wiling to give me!!

We've never been to the MVMCP, or MNSSHP, I have no expectations and I NEED THIS!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter