Bring on the "Christmas Bash" or whatever they're going to call it! - UPDATE: Disney announced 7/12 - VERY MERRIEST! #Halfwaytotheholidays

Very Excited!:santa:

Now wondering the cost? In line with Boo Bash prob? I sure hope it isnt more.

well, our budgets would hope so, but from what I understand Boo is only 3 hours and these Merriest events are 4 hours, so I'm assuming that they'll be more....

:headache:

well, our budgets would hope so, but from what I understand Boo is only 3 hours and these Merriest events are 4 hours, so I'm assuming that they'll be more....

Nooooo! Lol. I gave the family the choice of doing Boo Bash or this. They chose this so I hope it
doesn't bust the bank. I love the longer hours. Coming from the West Coast this is the time my
teens are more awake. :rotfl:

Even though the whole family is coming in December my husband and I will be coming in Nov for
the food and wine shin dig. Do you think we can buy tickets then?

Even though the whole family is coming in December my husband and I will be coming in Nov for
the food and wine shin dig. Do you think we can buy tickets then?
I would expect similar to what happened with the Halloween AH event. Demand was high and nights sold out quickly. They added more nights and more people.
However, if there is a night you know you want to attend, I would get the tickets early.

Yeah I agree with the cost being higher hopefully it will not be an increase in line with the added hour. Which would be an extra $43 price tag

I read on twitter that there will be two sets of fireworks: 50th and Christmas
That is unconfirmed -- people are assuming that based on the fact that historically, after hours events have taken place after the regular fireworks occurred during park. However, fireworks at the christmas party have historically been exclusive to party guests, so unclear what they do will this year.

Just like people are assuming that for this, attendance caps and wait times on rides will be similar to prior after hours events, and people were shocked with disney replenished the tickets to allow more guests into boo bash. The fact is, these are hybrid events: they have more special holiday-themed stuff than traditional after hours, and we don't yet know how that will translate to other differences from regular after hours.

My advice: assume the worst and then you won't be disappointed. Don't count on anything that is not expressly stated by Disney (e.g., that there will be two sets of fireworks). If it happens, great, but right now the internet is making a lot of assumptions and we don't know how it will shake out.

Well do you think they would NOT show the 50th ones to those who already paid admission for that day? It says in the event description Minnie's Christmastime fireworks...

Well do you think they would NOT show the 50th ones to those who already paid admission for that day? It says in the event description Minnie's Christmastime fireworks...
I think that is very possible. They did not show HEA on MVMCP nights in past years. We have no idea if the fireworks will follow the party model or the after hours model.

Nooooo! Lol. I gave the family the choice of doing Boo Bash or this. They chose this so I hope it
doesn't bust the bank. I love the longer hours. Coming from the West Coast this is the time my
teens are more awake. :rotfl:
Yeah I agree with the cost being higher hopefully it will not be an increase in line with the added hour. Which would be an extra $43 price tag
Glad we chose Boo Bash. But my kids will probably fall asleep around 10 or 11, and the youngest doesn't need a ticket for Boo Bash, but will turn 3 before Mickey's Merriest. Hope they bring back the full Christmas party someday. Never got to experience it yet.

I wonder what days of the week the Christmas bash will be on??!!!
Here is what happened in 2019:

published from this website - not because I was there...

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...ty-2019-dates-announced-tickets-for-sale-now/
which correlates to this year that in 2019 it would have started this year on Nov 5th - the Friday before the week of Veterans Day..

but this year it's starting Nov. 8th - which is the Monday of the week of Veterans Day holiday..

so in 2019 it started on a Friday, then was held Monday, Tues - skipped Wed, was held Thurs/Friday, skipped Saturday, was held Sunday, skipped Monday, was held Tuesday...

basically - kinda random in November!

Here is what happened in 2019:

View attachment 588807

published from this website - not because I was there...

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...ty-2019-dates-announced-tickets-for-sale-now/
which correlates to this year that in 2019 it would have started this year on Nov 5th - the Friday before the week of Veterans Day..

but this year it's starting Nov. 8th - which is the Monday of the week of Veterans Day holiday..

so in 2019 it started on a Friday, then was held Monday, Tues - skipped Wed, was held Thurs/Friday, skipped Saturday, was held Sunday, skipped Monday, was held Tuesday...

basically - kinda random in November!
Interesting. So in 2019 was mnsshp similar to boo bash dates this year?

I see people are excited about this event. Wish I were, but with no parade, and I assume a lot more money, this is a hard no for me.

Reactions: cm8

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter