Bring FLowers Onboard

Mickeyteacher

<font color=darkcoral>Mother, Wife, Daughter, Frie
Does anyone know if you can bring flowers on board the ship while docked in a US Port?

Thanks,
Shawna

I would not see any reason why you couldn't, unless it is a Cruise Line policy. After all they are bringing onboard flowers themselves.

I saw a couple bringing on a bouquet of roses on our Valentine's cruise this year. But, it was embarkation, not just a port. The only US port, besides Port Canaveral that DCL visits is Key West. Is that what you are asking? Or just Port Canaveral?

US Virgin Islands is also a US port.

The regulations are about bringing plant materials into the US. I'm not aware of any problem in bringing them onboard from a US port. However, you will not be able to take them off the ship in Port Canaveral as the ship has been out of the country.

Yes you can at Port Canaveral--We have done it the past 4 cruises.
We usually stop at the Cocoa beach Publix and get them -they also have vases-if you don't see any vases out the produce manager has some nice vases in the backroom.
It is a bit of a pain to lug the flowers around - but you can get a nice arrangement for under $20.00.

Scott

Thanks for all the replies. I wondering about the flowers that my mom will get in Key West? Since it's a US port, I was thinking that we should be able to bring them on, but the person in Key West said she did not think we could. Anyone done this in Key West?

Thanks,
Shawna

Just remember that you won't be able to take them back off the ship with you -- unless things have changed. DH bought me a dozen roses on our honeymoon and I had to leave them on the ship when we departed -- this was in January '99, but I think customs has the same rules!

I read on another board (cruise critic) were someone had a local florist deliver flowers to the ship on day of sailing....not sure if this is allowed on disney

married@wdw said:
Just remember that you won't be able to take them back off the ship with you -- unless things have changed. DH bought me a dozen roses on our honeymoon and I had to leave them on the ship when we departed -- this was in January '99, but I think customs has the same rules!
The rules have not changed. We are getting married this November at CC and I am not allowed to bring the bouquet back off the ship..... :sad2:

I'm fine with her not taking them back off the boat but I did want her to be able to take them with us--- It seems like a waste of money to pay for a bunch of flowers and then not be able to enjoy them.

Shawna

DH and I renewed our vows in Key West, and we were allowed to bring all of our flowers (even the cake topper) back onto the Magic.
I had asked at the time if I could take them home with me also, and was told that I could. But, even though they were in water for the entire cruise (10 nights) they wilted, so we didn't bring them.

Our daughter was married on Castaway Cay, and we DID bring her flowers home. We were told that as long as you check with the ship, and then let Customs know that you have CUT flowers, it's not a problem.

We usually end up giving them to a crew member for them to enjoy in their stateroom--as long as the flowers still look good.

Scott

dan and scott said:
We usually end up giving them to a crew member for them to enjoy in their stateroom--as long as the flowers still look good.

Scott

We do that with bouquets, too! :thumbsup2 But couldn't stand to part with DD's wedding flowers.......

Thanks for all the help.... I'm looking forward to my parents surprise vow renewal in Key West.

Shawna

CJLKIM said:
The rules have not changed. We are getting married this November at CC and I am not allowed to bring the bouquet back off the ship..... :sad2:

:groom: :bride:
So THAT'S why I am keeping my morning free!
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter