Bridging DL1/2 to WnD1/2

Cyn

Earning My Ears
For everyone who just finished the Disneyland 1/2 and are in for the Wine n Dine 1/2....where are you picking up your training? Had a great race considering a complete Meniscus rehab from Marathon Weekend where I could barely walk, had to take a month off and started back at walking then building up. I'm trying to decide where to start back for long runs and can't seem to get myself to make a decision. I am thinking of either going back to 8 miles and working up 1 mile a week (finishing at 13 miles two weeks out) or 10 miles and working up 1 mile a week (finishing at 15 miles two weeks out). What is everyone else doing?

For everyone who just finished the Disneyland 1/2 and are in for the Wine n Dine 1/2....where are you picking up your training? Had a great race considering a complete Meniscus rehab from Marathon Weekend where I could barely walk, had to take a month off and started back at walking then building up. I'm trying to decide where to start back for long runs and can't seem to get myself to make a decision. I am thinking of either going back to 8 miles and working up 1 mile a week (finishing at 13 miles two weeks out) or 10 miles and working up 1 mile a week (finishing at 15 miles two weeks out). What is everyone else doing?

My goal for DL 1/2 was just to finish and be nice to my body. It was my first 1/2 and first Dumbo. I have been battling an IT band problem and after the 1/2, I had so many huge blisters on my feet. =( I ordered 2 new pairs of shoes and Injinji toe socks. My goal is to cut my time down significantly from DL 1/2. I ran for the first time today and increased the pace on my intervals. My feet aren't completely healed and i think I aggravated two or three of the blisters. Darn! I'll continue increasing my pace every week for my maintenance runs (5-6 mi) and do one long run (9-12 mi) weekly. I am going to start running 4 days instead of 3. I also do spin one day and weight training with a trainer 2 days. Hopefully I can get my shoe issues worked out. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter