Bride and Groom Mouse Ears

librarygeek

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone,

My fiancé and I are very excited for our Disney honeymoon, and when I've been there in the past I always loved to see couples wearing those bride and groom mouse ears. :bride: I actually managed to convince FI to wear them around the parks, and we're planning to stop by the World of Disney in DTD to get them on our first day there - I'm assuming they are likely to have them there?

My question is actually about the "logistics" of wearing mouse ears. While they seem really fun to wear around the parks, when I really started thinking about it I have this vision of riding Space Mountain and my ears flying off. Haha, obviously we would take them off before any "extreme" rides, but then my question becomes... where do you put them? Even though I usually carry a small backpack I wouldn't want them to get smushed. Anyone have any experience with the mouse ears and the best way to make use of wearing them?

the only style currently available for men is a regular ear hat (not the top hat) that i've heard has a chin strap. for women there is an ear style and then the headband ears. the plus about the regualr ear hats is that they generally fold in half easily and can fit in a back pack, but i've worn my bright green mickey ears all around and with the strap i've not lost them ever!

good luck!

the only style currently available for men is a regular ear hat (not the top hat) that i've heard has a chin strap. for women there is an ear style and then the headband ears. the plus about the regualr ear hats is that they generally fold in half easily and can fit in a back pack, but i've worn my bright green mickey ears all around and with the strap i've not lost them ever!

good luck!

That's good to know - I was mostly concerned about the top hat, since it didn't look like it would store in a backpack very well.

So they stopped selling the top hat? When did that happen? The regular ear hat that you are referring to would just be the plain black ones, not wedding/honeymoon related at all?

Its kind of the disboards scandal of the moment because noone likes them! But they are wedding-ish! Supposed to look like a tux and I believe the girl one has something to suggest a bride. They are ok. If you search this board it must come up because people are looking for the top hat ones all the time! But they certainly would be less awkward and easy to travel with!! Also there are new bride and groom shirts on Disney.com that are cool. Maybe those are an option!

Thanks, I will definitely do a search of the boards! Are there pictures of the new ones anywhere? And I love the t-shirt idea too, I will be looking into that!

I found a picture of the tux style groom ears, I think it looks fine :)

But, I found threads from September/October/November about the stores not having ANY bride/groom style mouse ears in stock. Does anyone know if they ever got more of them? Keeping my fingers crossed they'll be back. Hopefully September is far enough way that I won't have to worry!

i don't know exactly which thread you saw, but it's thetop hat issue everyone was upset about. i think you can find the tuxedo ones. also, you could order off the disney site.

i must say i feel a tad of guilt as i bought a pair of the top hat ears in the parks - actually i THINK at disneyland last may - AND ordered a top hat pair online around the same time for myself that i've painted ivory and cutomized that i'm taking along on our MK shoot! i'm glad i found them!

We made our own bride and groom mouse ear baseball caps, but they were just as unwieldy (if not more) as the ones Disney sells. When we went on rides, we put them in the seat-back pockets provided or hung onto them. It wasn't a big deal, really, and we never lost them.

Here is a pic of the new version of the bride and groom hats. You can't see it, but the groom's has a set of tuxedo tails that hangs down in the back.

MouseEarhats.jpg

Thanks for the picture! The ones that you made were cute too. I forgot most of the rides have seat pockets too. It's been awhile since I've been to Disney, but lately I've become extremely frustrated at other amusement parks like six flags... they wouldn't let you take anything at all on the ride. If you had absolutely anything that they could see that was loose or not attached to you, they made you pay for a locker.

My son was married in June and we ordered the ears from Disney Shopping...ended up with both groom styles. I personally don't like the tux style..neither did my son. My grandson, the ringbearer, wore them for the rehearsal.

I'm not a fan of the tuxedo ears, and the top hat ears are too small for my DF's head! (he is not godzilla or anything, but they really are not meant to fit guys who have a larger head size!)

We decided to get him a regular black traditional Mickey ears and we go "groom" embroidered on the back-we both think it looks great!!!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter