Bridal Shower Nerves!!!

kim91498

Earning My Ears
I am soooooo nervous about my bridal shower! My mon and future MIL are planning it. It is this sunday... yes I already know about it. I am baking all the desserts! But I never had a party with all eyes on me. Has anyone else experienced this nervousness or am I completely CRAZY after all????:eek:

your not crazy at all!!

The ONLY time i didnt mind attention was at my DFTW!!

other than that...i like to be the "behind the scenes" kinda party gal...kinda like JLo from the wedding planner.

You'll have a great time & try not to think of it like an interogation, but more like a fun gathering with friends & family!!

Have fun & take pics!!:goodvibes

I totally understand! I am usually a ham but this was WEIRD. i had 4 showers and was ok at 3 of themb/c 2 involved friends and family and one we didnt open the gifts at...but one was UG!!! my MIL had 8 friends from her church host, and there were 40 older women there, and i sat in a room when them surrounding me opening gifts for 2 hours from ppl i had never met, trying to act happy and excited. they didnt even talk amongst themselves, they just...stared. i was so glad when it was over! think of it this way, you will get a lot of great FREE stuff when its all over with!!!! your anxiety is normal, don't sweat!

Your not crazy. Im not looking forward to the bridal shower either. I hate it when all eyes are on me. Just tell yourself that its just family and friends wishing you well.

I was also uncomfortable at my shower(s) -- I hate opening presents in front of people, for fear that I'll look disappointed even when I'm not. But they all turned out fine.

What my attendants did at one of my showers was have everyone play a game while I opened the gifts. It made it go faster, and I didn't feel as "on stage" as I would've without a game going on. It was just something simple, like a timer going off at random moments, and whomever's gift I was opening at the time would get a prize. I can't remember exactly, but I think that was it.

Good luck, and try not to get too nervous!

I haven't yet had my shower, but my sister was married just last year. She knew when it was, but wasn't allowed to know any details, she was stuck in the house while we were setting the party up and was crying b/c she was so nervous about all attention being on her, however once she got there and mingled a little bit, she relaxed a lot and ended up having a fantastic time. So you aren't crazy!! It's perfectly normal! And i'm sure you'll be able to relax enough to enjoy yourself, good luck!!

I was so uncomfortable with the idea of everyone looking at me open gifts at a shower...that I asked my family and Matron of Honor NOT to give me one! :rotfl:

I was also uncomfortable at my shower(s) -- I hate opening presents in front of people, for fear that I'll look disappointed even when I'm not. But they all turned out fine.

What my attendants did at one of my showers was have everyone play a game while I opened the gifts. It made it go faster, and I didn't feel as "on stage" as I would've without a game going on. It was just something simple, like a timer going off at random moments, and whomever's gift I was opening at the time would get a prize. I can't remember exactly, but I think that was it.

Good luck, and try not to get too nervous!

What game did your guest play while you open gifts? I like the idea. :)

Wow, I guess I am going to have to go against the grain on this one. I am only having one bridal shower (to my knowledge). It is in October and all I am allowed to know is that it is themed Halloween. The only reason I am supost to know that is because I have to come in costume. I am very excited because the people throwing it are as much into halloween as I am (its my favorite holiday). And I made the request well in advance if there are any presents I want to open them when no one is arond...so if I groan at getting 4 rice cookers, I don't have to act like I like it!

My bridal shower is this weekend as well. My MIL and SIL are planning it. I am more excited than nervous! There is some big secret that everyone is keeping from me and I am excited to find out what it is. Even my DF knows.

Despite being nervous, I hope you can relax and have a good time. Remember, it's your day!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter