Bridal Hair and Makeup at Senses Spa

rachmrgan

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

I'm new here. My fiancé and I are planning a wedding ceremony at the Grand Floridian in December of 2021. I've read up on past threads about recommendations for wedding hair and make up, but haven't been able to find many reviews on Senses Spa from past brides.

Does anyone have experience with hair/makeup through Senses? I'll be staying at the Grand Floridian and like the idea of everything taking place right there without having to pay travel fees/leave Disney property. It does worry me slightly that they don't specialize in bridal, so I wanted to make sure it would be an okay choice. I'd have myself and two other people getting hair and make up done.

Thanks in advance for any insight :)

Welcome! Most Disney brides use one of the many independent Orlando-area cosmetologists who will come directly to your room the morning of the event to do your hair and makeup. It costs the same as having it done at Ivy Trellis (which is where you'd go—Senses doesn't really do bridal hair and makeup) but you get to choose exactly which artist you get based on photos of his/her work AND you don't have the hassle of getting dressed and leaving the room to go someplace else to have it done. The stylists at Ivy Trellis just don't have as much bridal hair/makeup experience, and you don't know who you're going to get or what their work is like, so it's a real gamble. Plus, it is just as expensive as hiring an independent cosmetologist—the only thing you'd save is a $50 travel fee, and to me it is worth50 bucks to know exactly who and what I'm getting. My favorite cosmetologist is Patricia Lejeune, who did my wedding and all my subsequent anniversary parties and photo shoots. But I also really like Stacy at Fairytale Hair & Makeup and Laura Reynolds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter