Breakfast Recommendations?

jdsergent

Earning My Ears
So, we have all our meals planned out, but still need to schedule our breakfast for the day we plan on chilling at the resort. We are staying at Beach Club, and the only restuarant I see there is Cape May Cafe, and their breakfast is a character meal so that won't work. (We have plenty of character meals scheduled). Where do you recommend for a nice relaxing breakfast? Contemporary has The Wave of American Flavors breakfast, and there is also Olivia's Cafe in Old Key West. Any thoughts or recommendations?

For relaxing - probably the Wave. We love Kona - but it is a little loud in there. Our two favorite breakfasts are Boma and Kona. Boma is a buffet - but it is fantastic - so so delicious. We also love Kona. We eat at both of these each time we go.

So, we have all our meals planned out, but still need to schedule our breakfast for the day we plan on chilling at the resort. We are staying at Beach Club, and the only restuarant I see there is Cape May Cafe, and their breakfast is a character meal so that won't work. (We have plenty of character meals scheduled). Where do you recommend for a nice relaxing breakfast? Contemporary has The Wave of American Flavors breakfast, and there is also Olivia's Cafe in Old Key West. Any thoughts or recommendations?

We enjoy both The Wave & Olivia's for breakfast. The Wave has a buffet as well as an a la carte menu. Over the years it has gotten somewhat busy at breakfast but nothing like the character meals. The food is very good and fresh. Olivia's is definitely a relaxing meal especially if you sit outside on the patio. Olivia's is a little more challenging to get to if you don't have a car and if you do it can sometimes be a bit difficult to park in the main area for breakfast. Olivia's has wonderful biscuits & the Wave has the best grits!

Feel free to check out my review on The Wave - THE WAVE BREAKFAST REVIEW WITH PHOTOS

The Wave and Olivias are both great choices for breakfast

Walk over to the Dolphin and go to the Fresh Med. Market. They have a semi-buffet and an ala carte menu as well. Won't work if you are on the dining plan but you didn't say.

We were just at Beach Club and we ended up doing the Cape May for breakfast every day. It helps that we were on the dining plan, but it was an easy reservation to get, and the food was good.

If it's a Sunday - House of Blues, Narcoossee's, and CA Grill offer brunch.

Fresh, inside Dolphin, has a great buffet breakfast (a la carte available too). We enjoy the fresh juices (i.e., carrot, wheatgrass, etc.) that are served along side carved meats, eggs, pancakes to order, etc. Dolphin is a few minutes walk from Beach Club.

If the day you are looking to schedule is a weekend day - I would suggest Trail's End Brunch Buffet at Fort Wilderness. I have never been, but I have seen so many good things about it on this board that it is on my list for September on our arrival day.

It includes breakfast items, along with fried chicken, mashed potatoes, macaroni & cheese, pasta ...

And it is only $24.50 (incl. tax).

If it is not a weekend, they also have a breakfast buffet Monday - Friday - just no 'lunch' offerings included. The price is lower, accordingly.

Not that hard to get to - bus to MK and then boat to FW.

Otherwise, we love Boma breakfast! And I'm also very intrigued to try the Wave buffet breakfast with unlimited mimosas.

Captain's Grille does a very good breakfast, but in it's temporarty quarters they have eliminated the buffet option, which was the best part of their breakfast menu.

First choice: Sunday brunch at California Grill. Expensive, but oh, so worth it.

Trail's End at Fort Wilderness. Best (and cheapest) buffet on property. Best selection of breakfast items (who doesn't want pulled pork with Mickey waffles and eggs?) Can be a challenge to get there though.

Olivia's at Old Key West. Great food, relaxed atmosphere, excellent staff. But as mentioned, can be challenging you get to early in the morning.

I'll go with Thumper's mom's rule when it comes to Captain's Grill at Yacht Club

Steve

We love Kona and Grand Floridian Café for a relaxing breakfast at a resort. I have heard great things about The Wave and that is something I want to try on my bucket list!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter