Breakfast Opinions: Boma, Captain's Grill, Spoodles?

Laura's Dad

DIS Veteran
My wife and I have an extra Table Service credit available on our upcoming September trip with Free Dining. We also have a morning open when we thought about going to breakfast before going back to the BCVillas and enjoying Stormalong Bay for the day and going to MNSSHP that evening. I have looked at the menus for all of the restaurants and narrowed our choices to the above three. We wanted the DIS followers input/experiences at the above restaurants for breakfast. We will have a car, so getting to Boma would be easily accomplished. We have never been to the AK Lodge and are leaning toward doing that. Spoodles would be a short walk around to the Boardwalk, and the Captain's Grill menu looks good and would be the easiest to get an ADR. Any opnions would be helpful.

I would go to Boma. The food is great (as I'm sure it is at the other places you mentioned), and you get the opportunity to tour the wonderful AKL and see the animals too!

P.S. If you do go to Boma, be sure to look for some of the great hidden Mickeys at AKL (in the lobby, out back near the fire pit and animal viewing area, and near the stairs going down from the lobby to Boma).

Thanks for the input on the hidden mickeys! We re leaning towards Boma. Any comments about Spoodles or the Captain's Grill?

My wife and I have an extra Table Service credit available on our upcoming September trip with Free Dining. We also have a morning open when we thought about going to breakfast before going back to the BCVillas and enjoying Stormalong Bay for the day and going to MNSSHP that evening. I have looked at the menus for all of the restaurants and narrowed our choices to the above three. We wanted the DIS followers input/experiences at the above restaurants for breakfast. We will have a car, so getting to Boma would be easily accomplished. We have never been to the AK Lodge and are leaning toward doing that. Spoodles would be a short walk around to the Boardwalk, and the Captain's Grill menu looks good and would be the easiest to get an ADR. Any opnions would be helpful.

We just went to Spoodles back in April. It was really good there. My vote goes to Spoodles.

We loved our breakfast at Boma last trip. A family member just got back and had breakfast at spoodles and said it was very good. I would give the edge to Boma since you haven't been to AKL and it is a gorgeous resort.

Boma is the best breakfast, I have tons of pics and reviews from June and March/April in my signature.

Captains Grille is ok, better to order off the menu than the buffet. Pics and reviews in my March/April and Oct signature

Spoodles is terrible. Overcooked greasy food, just awful. I would try the newer menu but DH wont go back there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter