Breakfast/lunch options

dlin2011

Earning My Ears
Looking for more info as to what’s served for breakfast and lunch, that are low carb options. Dinner is easy as I know I can get steak/chicken easy. But what quick serve protein options will I have? I just do not feel well when I eat many carbs, not trying to follow a fad 😉 Also, I am allergic to eggs, so there’s my easy breakfast protein. Any chance at getting a lower carb pancake/waffle? I’m assuming I can’t bring my own mix and a waffle maker. I’d prefer not to live off sausage and bacon for a week 😂 Can I bring my own yogurt? Will the room fridge keep it cool enough? I’m thinking lunch will be fine with a burger patty. Other options? Did I see a make your own salad station?

They have yogurt, no need to bring any. They will also have fresh fruit and items like beans and grill tomatoes at breakfast. There will be a salad bar at lunch each day and also seafood.

What ship will you be on?

On the Magic, the pool deck has "standard" quick service stuff - chicken strips, hot dog, burgers, fries. There is also pizza. There is a build-a-bowl station that would be like a make your own salad station. There are sandwiches and wraps and fruit and veggies. To really low carb it at quick service would be challenging. BUT - you can also go to the MDRs and to Cabanas for both breakfast and lunch. Cabanas has a pretty great variety. I had a couple of days where I ate veggies (steamed broccoli for example) and some sort of protein.

They have yogurt, yes, but not sure they have any low carb yogurt. And definitely no "fathead dough" type waffles etc :)

Your challenge will be breakfast. Forget about bringing any food that you would need to prepare. They will not allow you the equipment to do so. If you exclude eggs - I always order a eggs-white omelet - your main options for protein will be cottage cheese and the vegan ‘omelet’.

At lunch, you’ll find plenty of low-carb options both at the buffet and if you go to the quick-service windows around the pool deck.

You could always do fruit and yogurt to tide you over then grab an early lunch as soon as it’s available. Not sure what time the places on deck start serving but you can get salad, burgers, chicken tenders there.

I was surprised last weekend on the Dream that they had a "high protein" section at Cabanas for breakfast. It had individual fried eggs(so you can cut out the yolk if you want), thin cut steak, and a few other items(which escape memory since I only had the eggs and steak).

I’d be fine with cabanas. Not sure I could convince my family to do lunch at the MDR. I would probably be fine with cottage cheese. Beans are out. Maybe I’ll do bacon and a bit of fruit. I don’t eat a huge breakfast anymore, and sometimes skip it. But waffles would be nice at some point on vacation.

There are fridges in the rooms, right? If my yogurt will keep in there, then I don’t mind bringing some. I can’t do regular yogurt, I’m sure they just have yoplait? It’s often my snack too.

We’ll be on the fantasy, 7 night. I just don’t want to feel awful all week.

I am not sure what kind of yogurt they have - but when you say “my yogurt”, if you are talking yogurt you made yourself, that is a no-go as any food brought on board must be in its original factory-sealed container.

I have seen that they usually have a few choices for yogurt and the one I get regularly is whole fat, plain. It is just out in an open bowl with the chilled fresh fruit by the cereal.

There are fridges in the rooms, right? If my yogurt will keep in there, then I don’t mind bringing some.

I’m not sure they will allow yogurt as a carry-on. Dairy is generally a no-no for traveling to other countries, which you are doing when boarding a cruise ship. Shelf-stable products, in original factory-sealed packaging, is allowed.

Enjoy your cruise!

You will not be able to bring yogurt in from the outside. You should call DCL and tell them you have food restrictions and issues with eggs. Don't wait until you are on board. If they can accommodate you with special requests for any meal, now is the time to do so. And they will as much as possible.
Once you do this, you should also find your head waiter once on board and let them know of your dietary requests AGAIN so that you can ensure it's on file.
Even in Cabana's, if they can, they will make you something that you can eat or walk you through what you can have and what you can't have.
I'm not sure if they have almond flour items available but if you don't ask, you won't get. Don't think you have to provide your own products. They will do it as much as they can for you.

There is a section on breakfast buffet with smoked salmon, capers, olives, cheeses (to go with bagels), sometimes they have thin-cut steak, broiled tomatoes, always fruit. At lunch, there are always several meat options like hand-carved turkey, beef, chicken, fish. Always cheese available, salad. You'll find lots of options!

When I sailed on the Wonder on this year's WBPC, Cabanas had a pod with Asian selections at breakfast. There was a soy ginger marinated tofu and sauteed bok choy daily, as well as a soup kettle that alternated daily between miso soup and rice congee. There were garnishes nearby for customization. I recall Dream having something similar, but haven't sailed that ship since it's inaugural year.

Other pods had sauteed spinach, roasted tomatoes,mushrooms, etc.
The smoked salmon station mentioned above also had some cold cuts.

I eat low carb as much as possible. For breakfast there is bacon, sausage, ham sometimes steak, fresh fruit etc. and normally asparagus, yogurt is usually Yoplait, so you’ll have to check the carb content. There are small boxes of cereal - special K is usually a good choice. Lunch at cabanas you will find steamed shrimp, stone crab claws, multiple meat choices, cheeses, fresh fruit, plenty of veggies and salads. On deck you can get any sandwich without a roll Wraps can be unrolled and eat the filling, fruit and salads are available. Pizza - get a couple pieces, eat the cheese/toppings/sauce and throw away the crust.
For desert, you can always request a small bowl of fresh raspberries and cream. I have found the "sugar free" deserts to be a bit heavy on carbs.

Last edited:
here is a video someone posted where they show everything on the breakfast buffet at Cabanas. There are plenty of options other than sausage and bacon. If you are going strict keto then the fruits and yogurts may not be your thing but if you are just looking to avoid the typical "bready" items like toast, waffles, pancakes, donuts, then there is plenty to eat.

Not sure if it’s been answered but the fridge in the cabin is not cold enough to keep yoghurt or dairy safely, I’ve found it barely keeps soda or a bottle of wine cool.

Cabanas has quite the spread for breakfast & lunch, and there are ample naturally low carb options. Don't expect specialty low-carb waffles or anything like that, though.

Last edited:
Perishables and homemade foods are not allowed to be brought on board, unfortunately, so you wont be able to bring your own yogurt on board.

SW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!