Breakfast FOOD question: Cape May or 1900PF?

Quin

DIS Veteran
Interested in opinions based on breakfast only, please.

Characters don't matter for this decision. Travel time/park accessability doesn't matter for this decision (looking at different days, so either one would work).

What are the differences in the FOOD at breakfast at Cape May versus 1900 PF? I am familiar with the strawberry soup at 1900 PF; what other differences are there? Which restaurant is your FOOD preference for breakfast and why?

top reasons I love Cape May (besides Donald:lovestruc) , baked maple french toast , asparagus perfectly cooked , and the frittatta they serve , perfect grapefruit and orange segments .

1900 Park Fare has an omelet station and the strawberry soup , I think that is the main difference.

I find the breakfast at Cape May much more relaxing and the restaurant is brighter than the always overly busy Park Fare , but you can't go wrong foodwise at either place

top reasons I love Cape May (besides Donald:lovestruc) , baked maple french toast , asparagus perfectly cooked , and the frittatta they serve , perfect grapefruit and orange segments .

1900 Park Fare has an omelet station and the strawberry soup , I think that is the main difference.

I find the breakfast at Cape May much more relaxing and the restaurant is brighter than the always overly busy Park Fare , but you can't go wrong foodwise at either place

I agree with everything here. Cape May is also my fave. Terrific food selection and quality. 1900 PF is wonderful as well, esp the omlette station. But the only prob with that is the long wait. You run the risk of missing characters, if that matters to you. Both have delicious food, but I prefer Cape May hands down.

Thanks; keep 'em coming!

If made-to-order omelets are only at 1900 PF, what are the egg choices at Cape May? Just your basic big vat of scrambled eggs?

I haven't been to 1900 PF for breakfast in a few years, but I remember liking the food there much better then Cape May. Aside from the strawberry soup I can't remember any stand out items, but I had a horrible experience at Cape May Cafe, and I just can't recommend that for breakfast.

I second everything that is said here...we LOVE Cape May Cafe and is a must do each trip, however we are big fans of 1900 Park Fare too, but the only reason why we do Cape May each trip and can skip out on 1900 Park Fare sometimes (not always though) is because Cape May is just so relaxing and a much quieter setting then Park Fare. As for the food, you really can't go wrong with either of them, we love both restaurants for the food. Like the PP said, Cape May has a couple of items that are good that Park Fare doesn't have (Mmmm, baked Maple French Toast :cloud9:), and vice versa with Park Fare and Cape May (love the Chilled Strawberry soup and Omelette station).

Personally, we prefer 1900 Park. We find the food to be one of the best breakfast buffets on property. One of the highlights is the omelette station. We have been to 1900 Park pretty much every trip (during very busy as well as slow times) and have never had a problem with the line. If you do miss a character, you can just tell your waiter/waitress and they will take care of it for you. :)

Cape May is certainly quieter but if eggs are an important component of your breakfast, I'd go to Park Fare. I don't think the food at Cape May has anything that's a standout on their breakfast buffet (sorry, the maple French toast is too sweet for me) and the lack of an omelette station leaves a big hole in their offerings.

I have only been to 1900 PF...but the strawberry soup, omelette station and REAL bacon were very good :)

The character interaction was also fun. My DS loves Mad Hatter and we were seeing Mickey at Tusker House, so Cape May didn't seem worth it.

I know you said accessibility matters not...I thought so too, we went to Cape May for dinner and it was a PITA. (We were staying at CBR). I should have just drove us, but thought the boat would be fun...bus, boat, finding the restaurant once we got off the boat, etc. was not doing it for me.

Spending a few hours in MK, riding the monorail to GF, ride the monorail back and spend more time in MK was so FUN!

ETA: The character interaction was GREAT at 1900 PF (we were there at around 11am, I think, very late breakfast). The characters paid a lot of attention to us. The servers were nice. One was a little extra nice and gave my son two light up toys and did magic tricks for him.

Both are great. The positives to 1900PF is the REAL yummy bacon, the omlette station (i dont consider the strawberry soup a positive cause i personally dont care for it, i dont get the hype). The positives to Cape May is the much nicer/prettier atmosphere, its much quieter than 1900 (although 1900 isnt loud, Cape May is quieter), and the food overall i find a bit better at Cape May. Its so nice there, and its cute to see the characters in their swim suits! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter