Breakfast ending at Be Our Guest, restaurant to become table service only

Status
Not open for further replies.
No menu/prices for lunch anywhere yet right? I assume this will not be the normal lunch menu/prices...

Maybe dinner all day? That'd be kind of weird but I wouldn't be that surprised

TS is so much easier to manage social distancing, it makes sense. As noted in the article, I do think that’s the reason.

But also ... if more people actually used the breakfast reservations they made to have breakfast instead of just ordering a coffee in order to get on SDMT before the masses, maybe breakfast service would have been more profitable and stuck around. Maybe this is the end of the BOG/SDMT rope drop advantage once and for all.

If breakfast does return, I don’t think it will be like it was before. So many people took advantage.

Last edited:
Noooooo! We loved Be Our Guest lunch, and especially the fact that it was quick service, so you got to seat yourself. With table service, you're at others' mercy for where you sit and I hate that. There are 3 unique dining rooms & we like to choose our own spot. As a party of two, we often get placed at a tiny table in a crappy location.

TS is so much easier to manage social distancing, it makes sense. As noted in the article, I do think that’s the reason.

But also ... if more people actually used the breakfast reservations they made to have breakfast instead of just ordering a coffee in order to get on SDMT before the masses, maybe breakfast service would have been more profitable and stuck around. Maybe this is the end of the BOG/SDMT rope drop advantage once and for all.

If breakfast does return, I don’t think it will be like it was before. So many people took advantage.

I thought they had already changed it to you had to order an actual breakfast for everybody?

they did, but there always were a ton of people asking about substitutions to the menu and "if they just could please have" and "does my baby need a reservation?" just so that people could see the Beast's Castle! Not surprising that Disney figured out a better way to make it more profitable and feel more exclusive - aka, you have $80 to throw at a sandwich on a plate.

Not too surprising since:

1) Breakfast hours are shortened and PPOs seem to be gone. Breakfast hours would be only 90 minutes with the standard 9am park opening. Beyond not wanting guests inside the parks an hour early for a PPO, other restaurants with PPOs now are either closed (Crystal Palace, Tusker House, H&V, Akershus) or opening after breakfast is done (Garden Grill).

2) I suspect many guests eating breakfast were on the dining plan (with few paying BoG prices out-of-pocket for basic breakfast fare). With dining plans gone, those numbers weren't going to add up.

Lunch is bummer as that was one of the best values at MK in price/quality - the fixed price upcharge to meet the Beast at lunch is not worth it to me, but I'm sure the additional hours will make some happy.

I thought they had already changed it to you had to order an actual breakfast for everybody?
Nope never was.all breakfast was the same price but we were there in the winter and got cupcakes. I actually mentioned to my family people get really mad about that online,they thought it was pretty funny.

Be Our Guest lunch is one of my absolute, 100% favorite parts of my Disney trips. I have been known to eat there for lunch almost every day of my trips. I hope they reinstate the quick service lunch menu as soon as possible. I’ve been on the fence about traveling anyway due to the pandemic. If there is no QS BOG lunch, it makes me more willing to cancel my current plans and rethink future plans.

Interesting

smart move for Disney. Keep the beast castle as ’exclusive’ as Cindys castle.
ts only, extremely pricey, one of a kind experience to meet beast.

Meeting the beast? But I thought all M&G were gone until further notice (likely a vaccine)? So how would that fit into here as a "perk" worth paying $80pp for a sandwich?

Meeting the beast? But I thought all M&G were gone until further notice (likely a vaccine)? So how would that fit into here as a "perk" worth paying $80pp for a sandwich?
I think that BoG will have the same menu for lunch and dinner, which is their current dinner menu (with possible COVID 19 type of modifications). So no more sandwiches for lunch. It'll be $62/pp from open to close, at least for right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!