Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno

jsmla

DIS Veteran
For this trip we chose not to utilize the Disney bus system and drove to all of the parks except for the Magic Kingdom when we took the boat from Fort Wilderness. Because our 2 1/2 year old granddaughter was along we tended to only spend a couple of hours in a park each morning and prioritized things that she liked.

One morning was dedicated to Epcot and all things Frozen. We decided (last minute) to book breakfast in the Boardwalk area to take advantage of the parking. I also needed patio seating and was able to get a 9:20 a.m. ADR at Trattoria al Forno on the night before.

Check in at the Boardwalk was fast and easy. The guard did check my MagicBand to confirm that we had a reservation.

I requested a patio table and we were seated immediately at a little after 9:00 a.m. The tables are located along the Boardwalk promenade. When our server came I explained that we were trying to make it to Frozen and she was happy to expedite things for us.
AF67638D-6570-4021-A2B2-F46C16D77D27.jpeg
1FCE4356-1727-4853-85F4-FC1DE4E8C1DA.jpeg

173C1087-C819-4005-B26D-F1765C400A5D.jpeg

We ordered Flounder’s Flapjacks for DGD, DH got the Poached Eggs. We also got a side of breakfast potatoes. I’m not a big breakfast eater and just picked at the potatoes and DGD’s unwanted bacon and cantaloup. The server happily brought us an extra plate.
0749B516-69E0-4169-8E3D-EB1E821375F6.jpeg

B0B49AAF-4594-4669-A065-4F8CB73C06F8.jpeg

Everyone enjoyed their meal, especially DH. He’s generally not a fan of the Disney restaurants (We’re from Louisiana.) but he LOVED everything about his dish and is still talking about it.

As we requested, our server brought our check with our meal and we were able to make it over to the Epcot screening area at the International Gateway in plenty of time to be one of the first to ride Frozen. It was a great morning-DH was well fed and DGD was over the moon at “seeing“ Anna and Elsa. We also watched a princess Cavalcade with Snow White, Aurora and Belle.

4F182F47-31F2-4138-867C-0F45143B2209.jpeg

Our line for Frozen (9:55 a.m.)
C8017836-106E-4C05-A4A1-3C5A9558D0AC.jpeg

The line after we rode (10:30 a.m.) 😳
F8386A17-54C3-46FA-9F59-9A091E21B47C.jpeg

Last edited:
What else is served with the poached eggs? Polenta? Looks good.

Is parking at resorts and going to the parks allowed now? Maybe it’s always been allowed at BW which would be good to know!

I think it is polenta with a red sauce, I don’t eat eggs, but DH is still talking about it.

We were allowed in with an ADR and left well before our three hours were up. We only rode Frozen and “Donny Duck” as DGD named it.

I’m fairly sure the items are pretty close to what was served with the character dining. The poached eggs were served with polenta, Sunday gravy (red tomato sauce), and homemade sausage. We really enjoyed it when we went there, but we did swap out the sausage for bacon.

I think it is polenta with a red sauce, I don’t eat eggs, but DH is still talking about it.

We were allowed in with an ADR and left well before our three hours were up. We only rode Frozen and “Donny Duck” as DGD named it.

Did they specify 3 hours at the gate? We’ve never been given a time.

I’m fairly sure the items are pretty close to what was served with the character dining. The poached eggs were served with polenta, Sunday gravy (red tomato sauce), and homemade sausage. We really enjoyed it when we went there, but we did swap out the sausage for bacon.

I don't mind sausage, but I wonder if they could sub scrambled eggs for the poached egg. I don't mind eggs...but all mixed together. The running of the yolk grosses me out.

I don't mind sausage, but I wonder if they could sub scrambled eggs for the poached egg. I don't mind eggs...but all mixed together. The running of the yolk grosses me out.
You can pretty much always sub scrambled eggs. My daughter does

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter