Breakfast at BWPPI vs. PVI?

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by NewbieMouse, Aug 12, 2018 at 8:07 PM.

1. NewbieMouse

NewbieMouse DIS Veteran

Just wondering for those who have stayed at both, which their pick for better breakfasts would be - Best Western Park Place or Park Vue Inn? TIA!

2. Indiana Scott

Indiana Scott Bothell Washington

That's a tough one. Both have perfectly decent food and a place to eat it but I I like PVI a little better because there's just something magical about being able to eat breakfast while gazing into the park. (PVI's eating area is on the roof of its office, facing Harbor).
    FWIW, we like the pool at PVI much better because it's never as crowded as BWPPI, which is often so full of people that it's unusable.
    We're staying at PVI in two weeks but you really can't go wrong with either hotel.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Becca1007

Becca1007 Earning My Ears

Don't have experience at BWPPI but at PVI, the breakfast rotates each day; one day is scrambled eggs, potatoes and sausage; the next day is scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits & gravy. All days have hard boiled eggs, fruit, yogurt, cereal, toast options, and make your own waffles. None of the options are fancy or gourmet but they are pretty close in quality to the breakfast you would pay $15 for in the park. They also have regular white or wheat bread and peanut butter and jelly packets, so if you are like me with a toddler who refuses to eat when they first get up you can make a sandwich to eat on the way to the park (just take a ziplock bag with you). [And no I am not suggesting you make a lunch for everyone in your party... just if you have someone who doesn't like to eat right away you can bring your breakfast with them]

ADLFAN, NewbieMouse and azdisneylover like this.
  5. tarheelalum

tarheelalum DIS Veteran

I have never stayed at the BWPPI but we have stayed at the PVI a number of times and always enjoyed it. I would stay there more but some members of the family prefer other places. Nothing beats the PVI in my book but I've heard recently they started charging a resort fee. If that is true, that sucks!

6. Becca1007

They do charge a resort fee now. The upside is if you have a car they still do not charge for parking unlike many of the other hotels on Harbor.

NewbieMouse likes this.
  7. smartlabelprint

smartlabelprint DIS Veteran

$10/day

And at bwppi it’s $10/ day only if you have a car.

I never have a car.

NewbieMouse and azdisneylover like this.
  8. tarheelalum

tarheelalum DIS Veteran

Then I would stay at BWPPI. I refuse to stay anywhere (outside of Vegas) and pay a resort fee. They are a complete ripoff.

smartlabelprint likes this.
  9. NewbieMouse

NewbieMouse DIS Veteran

This sounds pretty good!

This is exactly the taste it leaves in my mouth - essentially it's a room rate increase, so just be up front about that! I made my reservation before the resort fee was implemented, so I'm sure I will be exempted, but it just bugs me, and I don't really feel like having that conversation. And BWPPI's price has come down a little so it's choosing what you know (BWPPI) over trying something new (PVI). I was curious about the breakfast as that's a big selling feature for us; I thought maybe that would break the tie. We will have a car, so all in all it's about $80 more for us to stay at BWPPI. Decisions, decisions....

smartlabelprint likes this.
  10. smartlabelprint

smartlabelprint DIS Veteran

I’d stay wherever is cheaper total. Maybe with no fee at pvi this time will be better for you.

tarheelalum likes this.
  11. Winnowill

Winnowill DIS Veteran

Made a reservation this week for BWPPI the weekend after Memorial Day next year. We've never stayed there, so it'll be interesting. We were over-the-moon ecstatic about the walk from Grand Legacy this last time (closest previous "walking distance" was Red Lion).

12. Becca1007

It is a room rate increase but ... what it does is it is an end run around extra room taxes. Since the tax rate for the hotel tax is only applied on the base room rate, it means that the hotel can increase prices via a resort fee but they end up getting all of it. So instead of going up $15/day in room rate where you as the consumer pay closer to $20/day because of the taxes, your rate is only the extra $15.

13. lindyv321

lindyv321 TTFN! Ta Ta For Now!

We enjoy the breakfast at BWPPI. Sounds similar to PVI. The hot items rotate each day and they have toast, bagels, cereal, and pastries. We ate there on three mornings and they had eggs each day, sausage twice, bacon once, and I think fresh toast sticks, pancakes, and waffles were rotated.

The ding room got busy but we just took our paper plates to go and ate in our room