Brand New ‘Haunted Mansion’ Movie in the Works from ‘Ghostbusters’ Writer Katie Dippold

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie...ovie-works-ghostbusters-writer-katie-dippold/
The popular Disney attraction The Haunted Mansion is headed back to the big screen, THR reports, with Katie Dippold (Ghostbusters 2016) on board to write the script for Disney.

THR notes that the plan is for the film to be live-action.

The dark ride attraction, which launched in 1969 and is still going strong today at Disney parks, “sees theme park guests go inside a spooky and creepy manor that has a wide array of supernatural frights. It also features a graveyard’s worth of characters.” The most popular characters include Hatbox Ghost, Madame Leota, The Phantom and the Hitchhiking Ghosts.

Dan Lin and Jonathan Eirich’s Rideback will be producing.

Rob Minkoff directed the feature film The Haunted Mansion back in 2003, the first big screen adaptation of the ride. Eddie Murphy starred in the film. More recently, Guillermo del Toro was attached to adapt the ride for a brand new movie. Alas, it never came to life.

I hope it's good, but I'm a little concerend that they still see it as a flat comedy based on the writer. While it should have comedic elements, it needs to still have that dark, macabre edge to it. I think that's what the previous movie lacked.

I enjoy it.

I had always heard about how bad it was, but I watched it on D+ recently - I don't think I had ever really sat down and watched it, thouh I had seen bits and peices. It really wasn't that bad - not bad at all really. It's not amazing or anything, but it's okay and has a lot more references to teh ride than I remembered too. I do think they might have tried to be too funny, but it was a vehicle for Eddie Murphy so that makes sense. While I'd still like to see something a little closer to the tone of the ride, I can still appreciate it. I think it will become a Halloween staple for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter