bounceback..........

lisaanddenny

Mouseketeer
who will be doing bounceback next year? with all this anticipation, I think I will just book bounceback this year if offered and just cancel if I cannot go. beats all the waiting and anticipating.:banana: I guess it all depends on peoples vacation schedules, we are lucky, DH and myself are nurses and we only work 3~ 12hour shifts, and usually leave on wed or thurs and come home tues so we never have to use vacation time:banana: :hippie: :cool1:

Hi, I see the phrase "Bounce Back" in different places on the board. What is it? Is it some kind of discount if you go the same week the next year? Any time there is a chance to get a break in the price I'm there!! :rotfl:

after open-heart surgery in July. If this is something someone is looking forward to, it must be something different than that.

Bounceback is where when you stay at a WDW hotel, they offer you a deal to come back if you put down your deposit prior to checking out. It usually gives free dining.

Thanks for the info! Sounds like it's a good deal. My only problem with booking so farin advance is that I wouldn't know when next April's vacation week is. I'll have to see if there is a way to find out so we can take advantage of this. Thanks again!!

I doubt the offers would be for April, probably mid august-mid september, that's when they usually are, but you never know, also ask if you can change the dates after booking it and still retain the offer, you could book for the week you think you can go and then change it when you find out for sure.

We did just that last year--booked because we could, figuring we could always cancel if it doesn't work out. We definitely made the right decision, since I'm seeing a LOT of folks on the free dining watch threads who were there last year but didn't book the bounceback, and are now regretting it.

The only reason not to do it is if you can't spare the $200 for the deposit, even temporarily. When you're there, and it's hot and crowded, and the money is flying out of your wallet, it's easy to say "we won't be back for 3 years!" But that darned pixie dust just gets into your system and after you've been away for a few months, your resolve weakens and you begin to yearn for another dose. Before you know it, you're back on the phone to WDW reservations, booking a reservation to get your next fix. Save yourself the trouble, admit while you're there that you are powerless over Disney, and book the bounceback.

I'd wondered about that phrase as well. Sounds like a good deal. Knowing about in advance I can budget the $200 before we go (in 27 days!!:cool1: ).

Question:
Do you have to ask about it or do they bring it up when you checkout? I didn't hear about it last year when I was there, but everything was fine on the checkout form they left on my room's door so I didn't check out at the front desk. Maybe that's why I missed it?:confused3

If a bounceback offer is being offered...you will get a notice in your hotel room regarding it. Mine was there when I checked in (so I had all week to think about it!) Likely, there won't be any offers in April. The offers are typically for slower times of year (ie. fall) to come back the following fall. For instance, the one I got was if I was visiting in September 07- I could get free dining for Sept 08.

I just spoke with a CM this morning after I changed my dates and she bascally came right out and said that they were offering it next week :confused3 :confused3 I don't know whats up!!!

I will be bouncing back for Sept 08 9-7th - 9-14

Anyone going interested in a meet let me know.

If a bounceback offer is being offered...you will get a notice in your hotel room regarding it. Mine was there when I checked in (so I had all week to think about it!)

Not necessarily. We were there last year for 2 weeks and never got notified. We found out because I had read about the possibility of it here on the boards before we went. We kept waiting for a flyer or a call or something in the room, and then on the night before we left we went down to the desk and asked about it and booked it then. We learned a valuable lesson and will always ask before we check out as many on the bus going to the airport didn't know about it either and had already checked out. It must be booked before you check out of the hotel. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter