Bounceback Information and FAQ Thread - 25-35% off BOUNCEBACKS ARE BACK for 2024!

We are staying at WDW right now I received this email from Disney destinations, telling me about the bounce back offer. This is the first time I have ever seen an email like this. I think it is great that Disney has started to do this.

(sorry for the spaces - I did a copy/paste and all this extra stuff came with it)
ADD us to your address book
|​
VIEW in your browser​

Saying goodbye is never easy.​

Save up to 30%*​
on rooms at select Disney Deluxe or Deluxe Villa Resort hotels if you book before you check out!​

Book through 8/15/20 for stays most nights: 1/1/20 – 1/2/20, 1/5 – 1/8, 1/13 – 1/16, 1/19 – 1/23, 1/26 – 1/30, 2/2 – 2/5, 2/9 – 2/13, 2/16 – 2/20, 2/23 – 2/27, 3/1 – 3/5, 3/8 – 3/12, 3/15 – 3/19, 3/22 – 3/26, 3/31 – 4/2, 4/12 – 5/21, 5/25 – 9/3, 9/7 – 9/26, 10/25 – 10/29, 11/23 – 11/25, 12/4 – 12/24/20​

*The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Length-of-stay requirements may apply. Savings based on the non-discounted price for the same room. Additional per-adult charges may apply if there are more than 2 adults per room at Disney Value, Moderate, Deluxe and Studios at Deluxe Villa Resorts. Cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion. Advance reservations required. Moderate and Deluxe suites may be available at a lesser discount. Deposit is required at time of booking. Offer excludes the following room types: campsites, 3-bedroom villas, The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Bungalows at Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows, Cabins at Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, Disney's Art of Animation Resort—The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms, and Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. This offer is only available to Guests of select Walt Disney World® Resort hotels and is nontransferable.

Book now!​
Call ext. 8844 from your in-room phone
Or
Call 407-939-7607
or have your Travel Professional call!​
Book on or prior to your checkout date which must be on or before 8/15/20​
Ask about great rates available at other Disney Resort hotels.​

We are staying at WDW right now I received this email from Disney destinations, telling me about the bounce back offer. This is the first time I have ever seen an email like this. I think it is great that Disney has started to do this.

(sorry for the spaces - I did a copy/paste and all this extra stuff came with it)
ADD us to your address book
|​
VIEW in your browser​

Saying goodbye is never easy.​

Save up to 30%*​
on rooms at select Disney Deluxe or Deluxe Villa Resort hotels if you book before you check out!​
This is great!! Hope it’s the new norm as Im finding it more and more difficult to find the offer in the room.

Book through 8/15/20 for stays most nights: 1/1/20 – 1/2/20, 1/5 – 1/8, 1/13 – 1/16, 1/19 – 1/23, 1/26 – 1/30, 2/2 – 2/5, 2/9 – 2/13, 2/16 – 2/20, 2/23 – 2/27, 3/1 – 3/5, 3/8 – 3/12, 3/15 – 3/19, 3/22 – 3/26, 3/31 – 4/2, 4/12 – 5/21, 5/25 – 9/3, 9/7 – 9/26, 10/25 – 10/29, 11/23 – 11/25, 12/4 – 12/24/20​

*The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Length-of-stay requirements may apply. Savings based on the non-discounted price for the same room. Additional per-adult charges may apply if there are more than 2 adults per room at Disney Value, Moderate, Deluxe and Studios at Deluxe Villa Resorts. Cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion. Advance reservations required. Moderate and Deluxe suites may be available at a lesser discount. Deposit is required at time of booking. Offer excludes the following room types: campsites, 3-bedroom villas, The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Bungalows at Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows, Cabins at Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, Disney's Art of Animation Resort—The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms, and Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. This offer is only available to Guests of select Walt Disney World® Resort hotels and is nontransferable.

Book now!​
Call ext. 8844 from your in-room phone
Or
Call 407-939-7607
or have your Travel Professional call!​
Book on or prior to your checkout date which must be on or before 8/15/20​
Ask about great rates available at other Disney Resort hotels.​

Thanks to both of you! Dates are slightly different between email and flyer, with September missing from the flyer, but seems like it is included. Worth asking about September when you call, if that's your preferred date.

Thanks to both of you! Dates are slightly different between email and flyer, with September missing from the flyer, but seems like it is included. Worth asking about September when you call, if that's your preferred date.
I noticed the difference, too, which is why I posted the dates on the email.

I only asked about the Oct 25-29 dates and the dates in the beginning of Dec for WL and BC. Nothing was available for the WL and only suites at BC & YC. We ended up only booking the Oct dates at BWI and gave up on December. There was very limited availability.

I booked a BB two weeks ago, and the deposit/cancellation policy may have changed for room-only reservations. I had to pay a $200 deposit with a 30 day cancellation window, just as if it were a package...

The deposit and cancellation terms for bouncebacks are the same as for regular reservations:
  • For room-only reservations, one night deposit and you can cancel up to a 5-days before your stay.
  • For packages, it's a $200 deposit and you can cancel up to a 30-days before your stay.
  • You must pay a deposit for each room at the time of reservation.
So, there’s now a whole thread on the Resort board about this. It seems CMs have been booking ticketless/room only packages. At least for now, regular room only bookings can still be made. Worth reading this thread:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/new-cancellation-policy.3781457/

I noticed the difference, too, which is why I posted the dates on the email.

I only asked about the Oct 25-29 dates and the dates in the beginning of Dec for WL and BC. Nothing was available for the WL and only suites at BC & YC. We ended up only booking the Oct dates at BWI and gave up on December. There was very limited availability.
Same here, tried yesterday and today for early December dates, nothing at WL, deluxe rooms were available at BC, nothing at YC.

There was a standard view room available at BWI for $2100 for five nights. Seemed like a good rate but not interested in staying there.

There was a standard view room available at BWI for $2100 for five nights. Seemed like a good rate but not interested in staying there.
This was a good deal, I'm back home now :sad:and checked the WDW website for the dates I was quoted, total price without the discount is $3,100 so the bounceback discount would have been a $1,000 discount. Not bad!

I booked my bounceback today & noticed a few things. I asked for Sept 12-18 & was able to book the YC CL room I was looking for. The CM didn’t say anything about them not being included when I asked for those dates. So September is apparently still included even tho it isn’t on the brochure. Sorry, I did not ask about other resorts or room types.

The CM was very nice & super friendly. I said I was looking to book the room discount, she found it available & did the pricing & guest info. She tp then began to give me the deposit amount & she said the $200 package deposit. I stopped her & said I wanted just a room reservation, no package as we have APs & TIW so I don’t need a package..... I wouldn’t be adding tickets or dining & don’t need mini golf or the other “perks”. She was very nice about it & commented that most people don’t like having to pay the 1 night deposit & just want to do the package because of the lesser deposit required. She was very nice about changing it to room only. I apologized for the confusion but she nicely said. “no problem at all, that’s what I ‘m here for, to help you plan & book what you want”. She seemed sincere in her comment about guests wanting the lesser deposit. She did not pressure me to do the package at all.

She also gave me her extension & said I could call her back directly if I should need any help in the future. I have a family member who made a BB earlier in the week & her CM did the same thing. I have been booking BBS for many years & have never had a CM give me their extension before. Maybe something new??

I booked the bounceback on Monday and the cast member asked me if I wanted the dining plan but other than that she never assumed that I wanted to book a package.

She also gave me her extension & said I could call her back directly if I should need any help in the future. I have a family member who made a BB earlier in the week & her CM did the same thing. I have been booking BBS for many years & have never had a CM give me their extension before. Maybe something new??

The cast member I spoke to not only gave me her extension but she also sent me an email a few days later that included more contact information. This is new to me, too, and I appreciate having the information.

I booked my bounceback today & noticed a few things. I asked for Sept 12-18 & was able to book the YC CL room I was looking for. The CM didn’t say anything about them not being included when I asked for those dates. So September is apparently still included even tho it isn’t on the brochure. Sorry, I did not ask about other resorts or room types.

The CM was very nice & super friendly. I said I was looking to book the room discount, she found it available & did the pricing & guest info. She tp then began to give me the deposit amount & she said the $200 package deposit. I stopped her & said I wanted just a room reservation, no package as we have APs & TIW so I don’t need a package..... I wouldn’t be adding tickets or dining & don’t need mini golf or the other “perks”. She was very nice about it & commented that most people don’t like having to pay the 1 night deposit & just want to do the package because of the lesser deposit required. She was very nice about changing it to room only. I apologized for the confusion but she nicely said. “no problem at all, that’s what I ‘m here for, to help you plan & book what you want”. She seemed sincere in her comment about guests wanting the lesser deposit. She did not pressure me to do the package at all.

Thank you for sharing your experience! I can see how some guests would prefer to pay the smaller deposit (say those who are booking expensive rooms in a deluxe - even with the 30% discount, it's still much more than $200) and have the stricter cancellation penalty. They probably were responding to "guest feedback." LOL.

I had a CM give me his extension when I made a change to my room for the trip last April. He was great. I 'm not used to this either, and have wondered how this works. When you need to book something in the future, do you just call them directly? Leave a message?

Come to think of it, when I booked my bounceback two weeks ago, I was offered the extension number of the cast member that helped me too. I think they're stepping up their game because I don't remember that from before!

I booked two bouncebacks on 12/14 and experienced the same things recently reported! An extremely chatty/nice CM, inquired if I wanted a smaller deposit of $200 for a basic package rather than 1st night payment, and also provided me his direct extension. I was lucky and got exactly what I wanted for early December at BC and GF which was much better than last year. I regret not booking more between my split stay, but I had no other concrete plans and already have the spring secured with AP rates.

I booked two bouncebacks on 12/14 and experienced the same things recently reported! An extremely chatty/nice CM, inquired if I wanted a smaller deposit of $200 for a basic package rather than 1st night payment, and also provided me his direct extension. I was lucky and got exactly what I wanted for early December at BC and GF which was much better than last year. I regret not booking more between my split stay, but I had no other concrete plans and already have the spring secured with AP rates.
I tried to get early December at the BC but the CM couldn't find anything for me, even though I was somewhat flexible. We will try again when we are there in March.

The cast member I spoke to not only gave me her extension but she also sent me an email a few days later that included more contact information. This is new to me, too, and I appreciate having the information.

I also got the follow up email yesterday. It lists the CM as a “Personal Vacation Advisor” & states the hope that this is the “first of many vacations we will plan together”. So it seems like I could just contact her in The future to book new vacations?

The email ends with her phone extension & days off listed. The disclaimer includes this is private & intended only for the named recipient. So don’t know if we could share the name & phone extension with others.

While I'm not knocking the new system and appreciate that CM's are providing their information, I'll admit when I'm ready to book something I want to get it done now. My experience the 2 times I've tried to contact CM's who have provided me with their info was that I had to wait to be contacted back by them and it took almost 2 days each time. In both of those cases I'd already called the regular line and booked with another CM as I don't always have the liberty of waiting for a call back to book a Disney vacation. The 2 times I did try were within the past year and it was when I requested the CM's information because I had been so happy with the service they had provided me booking/updating a reservation.

Willing to give this new system a try though. I booked a BB during our Sept vacation and while the CM was great, this was before this new system was put in place so I did not obtain their information.

Just returned from a great stay at the Boardwalk. I was able to book a Bounceback for December 7-12, 2020, but the resort choices were slim.

We were looking for either a Monorail resort or a Crescent Lake resort. Our choices were the Poly honeymoon suite, Contemporary (not sure what level), or BWI garden view. Luckily we love BWI and garden view is our first choice. No problem booking room only, and no pressure to upgrade to a package. :)

We ended up happy, but I do miss the days when you could name your resort and dates, and find it available as a bounceback.

While I'm not knocking the new system and appreciate that CM's are providing their information, I'll admit when I'm ready to book something I want to get it done now. My experience the 2 times I've tried to contact CM's who have provided me with their info was that I had to wait to be contacted back by them and it took almost 2 days each time. In both of those cases I'd already called the regular line and booked with another CM as I don't always have the liberty of waiting for a call back to book a Disney vacation. The 2 times I did try were within the past year and it was when I requested the CM's information because I had been so happy with the service they had provided me booking/updating a reservation.

Willing to give this new system a try though. I booked a BB during our Sept vacation and while the CM was great, this was before this new system was put in place so I did not obtain their information.
When I talked to a CM about a bounce back I first called just to get prices and information. The CM gave me her name and extension. The next day I called with firm plans in place punched in the extension number was told that extension was experiencing high volume and to sent to a different planner. The second planner was great and I booked my vacation. When I arrived home the first planner had e-mailed me with her name and extension. Several weeks later I had to change my plans and after trying both previous extension number(planners 1&2) I was routed to a third CM. Now I have three names and extensions. It is a wonderful idea, but it has not worked for me yet.

i will be there next month! Has anyone checked prices for the moderates or values for early December On the bounce back?

When you book a bounceback can you shift your dates to any dates that fall within the offer? I booked one for July but i want to change the dates to April and change it from 2 adults and 2 kids to just 2 adults. They'll let me do that, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!