Bounceback Information and FAQ Thread - 25-35% off BOUNCEBACKS ARE BACK for 2024!

Can I book a one night campsite and use the bounceback? I saw where it was posted that you had to use the key to open the door to avoid throwaway rooms, but how would this work with a campsite?
If you plan on camping for the night and actually checking in. Disney has fixed the "throwaway rooms" loophole. In order to qualify for a bounce back offer, you need to stay on site!!!

Last edited:
It won't work for all but something I found really helpful this year was (at the suggestion of someone here), prior to our trip I booked the exact resort, room category, park tickets and dining plan that I wanted prior to leaving home. When I called the BB number I provided them with my Confirmation number and they just added the discount to our existing booking. II was also easily able to confirm I hadn't been upcharged for anything as I knew the new amount that our trip should be and it was the same except she was $0.02 less. The added bonus was that our entire call was only about 5 mins long so didn't cut into our Disney fun!

This might be an option for those who want to do room only reservations too. Possibly you can book what you want prior to your trip and ask them to add the BB code to that reservation.
I'm planning to try this, has anyone not been able to have the BB applied to an existing reservation?

I booked a BB two weeks ago, and the deposit/cancellation policy may have changed for room-only reservations. I had to pay a $200 deposit with a 30 day cancellation window, just as if it were a package...

The deposit and cancellation terms for bouncebacks are the same as for regular reservations:
  • For room-only reservations, one night deposit and you can cancel up to a 5-days before your stay.
  • For packages, it's a $200 deposit and you can cancel up to a 30-days before your stay.
  • You must pay a deposit for each room at the time of reservation.

I booked a BB two weeks ago, and the deposit/cancellation policy may have changed for room-only reservations. I had to pay a $200 deposit with a 30 day cancellation window, just as if it were a package...

The deposit and cancellation terms for bouncebacks are the same as for regular reservations:
  • For room-only reservations, one night deposit and you can cancel up to a 5-days before your stay.
  • For packages, it's a $200 deposit and you can cancel up to a 30-days before your stay.
  • You must pay a deposit for each room at the time of reservation.
Did you book a room only without Dining or Tickets? We’re seeing a lot of upcharges from the BB line. Call back to make sure you were not booked as a ticketless package.

Did you book a room only without Dining or Tickets? We’re seeing a lot of upcharges from the BB line. Call back to make sure you were not booked as a ticketless package.

No tickets or dining package. The $200 deposit is cheaper than one night's stay, though. ;)

My trip is February 2020 will I be able to book a bounceback offer for a stay in Febrauary 2021 or is it only 2020 dates?

Yes, if there is availability under the promo, they’ll apply it. If there isn’t availability they won’t be able to apply it, but should give you other options.
Yay! I was actually about to come on here to search for this very thing. I already have two rooms booked for later in 2020, both fall within the promo dates, and really don't want to have to do another room deposit if I don't have to (CL rooms). I'll be there in January so hopefully this is an easy discount to apply.

Just an FYI to double check the price after your bounce back is booked!

When I stayed at the contemporary last month, I booked a bounce back stay for April 2020. I reserved a package with 30% off the room.

I know the CM knew we were booking a bb stay because we kept talking about which dates were eligible, etc... he also let me know that I could make changes to the reservation / cancel up to 30 before the trip.

When I got home from our trip, I decided to poke around on the Disney site to see other rooms available during our trip and to check on our savings from the listed price and compare it to other offers available.

Well, the CM who absolutely knew he was hooking a bounce back forgot to apply the discount! He booked the trip at the list price. The missing discount wasn’t as noticeable to me since we have 5 people with 4 day park hoppers included in the price... it just looked like another expensive Disney vacation! Lol

I called Disney, and they applied the discount to my package. Thank goodness.

Good thing I checked!!

Just an FYI to double check the price after your bounce back is booked!

When I stayed at the contemporary last month, I booked a bounce back stay for April 2020. I reserved a package with 30% off the room.

I know the CM knew we were booking a bb stay because we kept talking about which dates were eligible, etc... he also let me know that I could make changes to the reservation / cancel up to 30 before the trip.

When I got home from our trip, I decided to poke around on the Disney site to see other rooms available during our trip and to check on our savings from the listed price and compare it to other offers available.

Well, the CM who absolutely knew he was hooking a bounce back forgot to apply the discount! He booked the trip at the list price. The missing discount wasn’t as noticeable to me since we have 5 people with 4 day park hoppers included in the price... it just looked like another expensive Disney vacation! Lol

I called Disney, and they applied the discount to my package. Thank goodness.

Good thing I checked!!
I'm sorry this happened but glad you noticed and were able to get it corrected.

My rule of thumb when planning to book a BB is to create a dummy trip and run the numbers prior to our Disney vacation. This way I get an idea what the price would be if I had to pay full price and since I know the BB I'll be applying I can also get an idea of what the price of the booking should be after the BB code is applied.

Last time, after a tip from someone here, I booked the trip I wanted prior to leaving home and then just called the BB number and had them apply the BB code to our existing booking. It was easy peasy and I could see that the new price was withing $0.02 of what I anticipated the new cost to be.

I booked two bouncebacks last week for 5/31-6/06 and 07/02-7/05. Unfortunately, there wasn't a ton of availability for my first trip. I wanted CBR or CSR and all they had at CBR was pirate rooms and at CSR tower rooms. Ended up with a tower room but got it at a really good price with the discount. For the second trip, there was a ton of availability and ended up with a water view room at CBR. Now just to pay for these trips!

I have been booking bounce backs for several years, and I have one booked for the fall of 2020. Two of my 3 nights are included in the dates for the bounce back. When/if general public discounts become available, IF that one night is included, can I have the general discount applied to that night only? I know that I can't have multiple offers at one time, like free dining stacked with a room discount. I just wasn't sure how this situation worked. Thanks!

I have been booking bounce backs for several years, and I have one booked for the fall of 2020. Two of my 3 nights are included in the dates for the bounce back. When/if general public discounts become available, IF that one night is included, can I have the general discount applied to that night only? I know that I can't have multiple offers at one time, like free dining stacked with a room discount. I just wasn't sure how this situation worked. Thanks!
Is it a room only discount bb you have booked? If so, you can try to decrease your current reservation by 1 night and then book a separate 1 night reservation with a room-discount general public offer if your date is offered in a different offer. You cannot do both discounts with the same reservation.

There are a couple of things to keep in mind if you do this.

1. There is a possibility you will be asked to change rooms for your last night. You can ask not to change and they will try to keep you in your same room (if it’s the same room category) but this is not guaranteed.

2. If you have a dining plan associated with your first reservation those credits will expire at midnight of your first booking.

3. You can book a completely new reservation if all 3 nights are included and cancel your original reservation. If it were me I’d ask first if they could switch you from a bb offer to the new offer. Just a heads up that room prices increase at different times each year so rebooking may mean higher prices than when you originally booked.

Lots of things to take into consideration.

Is it a room only discount bb you have booked? If so, you can try to decrease your current reservation by 1 night and then book a separate 1 night reservation with a room-discount general public offer if your date is offered in a different offer. You cannot do both discounts with the same reservation.

There are a couple of things to keep in mind if you do this.

1. There is a possibility you will be asked to change rooms for your last night. You can ask not to change and they will try to keep you in your same room (if it’s the same room category) but this is not guaranteed.

2. If you have a dining plan associated with your first reservation those credits will expire at midnight of your first booking.

3. You can book a completely new reservation if all 3 nights are included and cancel your original reservation. If it were me I’d ask first if they could switch you from a bb offer to the new offer. Just a heads up that room prices increase at different times each year so rebooking may mean higher prices than when you originally booked.

Lots of things to take into consideration.
Thanks for the information. It is a room only reservation. The date that is not included is actually day 1. I could also shift my arrival date and that would solve the problem too. I kinda figured that I couldn't do the regular public discount with a BB offer.

I just checked into the YC. There is a bounceback flyer in the room. But the September 7- 25 dates aren’t listed. I am hoping to book for Sept 12- 19. I will probably call tomorrow or Monday & report back what I find out about my dates.

I just checked into the YC. There is a bounceback flyer in the room. But the September 7- 25 dates aren’t listed. I am hoping to book for Sept 12- 19. I will probably call tomorrow or Monday & report back what I find out about my dates.
Pic pretty please!

Great thread! Thank you all! and UGHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh going in 2020 end of Sept - early )ct, 2020 and my dates don't fall within the Free Dining Plan. Hoping they will release some more dates. Also going in 2021 and hoping to use the BB for that trip. Again thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!