Bounceback Information and FAQ Thread - 25-35% off BOUNCEBACKS ARE BACK for 2024!

I'm baaaack! Back to the boards and, unfortunately, back from WDW. :(

I booked a bounce back while I was there last week for December 2020 using the info from the first page. Unfortunately, I don't think that the CM on the other end of the phone was as familiar with bounce backs as I would have liked him to have been (or he was intentionally offering me as little as possible for "free"). I was relying on him to tell me exactly what the current bounce back offer was because I did not have it in front of me. I booked a club level standard room at Wilderness Lodge for 5 nights, and because that is a deluxe resort I should have been given the free "regular" dining plan, but instead was given the free quick service dining plan. Who do I call to rectify this? The bounce back number or the regular reservations number? Thank you so much in advance!
You should have indeed received the regular DDP. Call the Bouncceback line: 407-939-1923.

You should have indeed received the regular DDP. Call the Bouncceback line: 407-939-1923.

Thanks SO much! I'm honestly disappointed in the entire call. The CM was very nice, and I gave him very good reviews, but I had to lead the entire call. As in, I had to tell him what I wanted from what I could remember from the first post in this forum (which wasn't much in the grand scheme of things). It wasn't a call that went like "XYZ is what the bounce back offer offers"... It's almost like he was trained to give me as little as possible for "free".

Thanks SO much! I'm honestly disappointed in the entire call. The CM was very nice, and I gave him very good reviews, but I had to lead the entire call. As in, I had to tell him what I wanted from what I could remember from the first post in this forum (which wasn't much in the grand scheme of things). It wasn't a call that went like "XYZ is what the bounce back offer offers"... It's almost like he was trained to give me as little as possible for "free".
Did you call the Bounceback line or the regular reservation line? The bounceback CMs are supposed to know the offer, but regular CMs probably not.

Did you call the Bounceback line or the regular reservation line? The bounceback CMs are supposed to know the offer, but regular CMs probably not.
This was my thought too. Normally the CMs answering those calls are well familiar with the current BB offers. Sorry you got one who was not as knowledgeable @MsOnceUponATime.

I definitely called the bounce back line (407-939-1923 is the actual number in my phone) -- I put it in my phone while looking at these boards as I knew that I was going to book a bounce back. Maybe the gentlemen was new to bounce backs - as it really did seem that I was leading the entire call. :confused3

Hello everyone!

I admittedly did a quick search but didn't find exactly what I was looking for, so I'm asking you experts.

Background: My DH and I stayed at WDW in September 2018 and booked the bounceback offer that was available then - Free QS Dining at a value resort (the level we requested) in 2020 (can't recall exactly the dates available). We booked our 2019 trip to begin December 12th.

Question: If I understand correctly from this thread, our bounceback dates are too late for a bounceback offer for December 2020, correct? And there is likely no chance for a "free dining" style bounceback?

Even though I may not hear the answer I want to hear, I do need to hear the truth so that I can be prepared. We have a family WDW vacation planned for about the first week of December 2020 and had hoped to take advantage of a free dining offer if one was offered for our expected dates.

Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone!

I admittedly did a quick search but didn't find exactly what I was looking for, so I'm asking you experts.

Background: My DH and I stayed at WDW in September 2018 and booked the bounceback offer that was available then - Free QS Dining at a value resort (the level we requested) in 2020 (can't recall exactly the dates available). We booked our 2019 trip to begin December 12th.

Question: If I understand correctly from this thread, our bounceback dates are too late for a bounceback offer for December 2020, correct? And there is likely no chance for a "free dining" style bounceback?

Even though I may not hear the answer I want to hear, I do need to hear the truth so that I can be prepared. We have a family WDW vacation planned for about the first week of December 2020 and had hoped to take advantage of a free dining offer if one was offered for our expected dates.

Thanks in advance!
If I’m understanding you correctly, you have a reservation on Dec 2019 and would like to book a bounceback for Dec 2020. There is always a bounceback available. The typical bounceback available November through August is a room discount for select dates. We’ll know what dates are included in Dec 2020 when that bounceback comes out around Nov 1st.
I definitely called the bounce back line (407-939-1923 is the actual number in my phone) -- I put it in my phone while looking at these boards as I knew that I was going to book a bounce back. Maybe the gentlemen was new to bounce backs - as it really did seem that I was leading the entire call. :confused3
Thanks for reporting back. Sounds like the CM training has taken a dive for the worse. I recommend to everyone to bookmark the first post so you have the exact dates and details of the current bounce back.

Hello everyone!

Thanks in advance!
Historically, the next BB offer that should begin Nov 1, 2019 will be a room discount for various dates in 2020. You are best to be prepared that a FD offer will not be the BB offer as it has never happened before.

That being said, there is still a General Public Free Dining offer that should come out next year. It's not a guarantee that it will happen and we don't know what dates it would include but historically a general public free dining offer has been made available for the last number of years. Historically that offer came out in April or May but last year Disney shocked all of us when they dropped the Free Dining offer on January 2nd!!! Be prepared for anything!

Thanks for reporting back. Sounds like the CM training has taken a dive for the worse. I recommend to everyone to bookmark the first post so you have the exact dates and details of the current bounce back.

I’m wondering if the bounceback line was “overflowed“ & the call went to a regular CRO call center. And as with all things Disney, if the CM doesn’t seem knowledgeable are helpful, hang up & call again.

I also booked bounceback this past weekend for December 22-January 2, 2020. I have never booked a bounceback so this might be normal, but they definitely want to upsell you. I first asked for Riverside, and they did have it, but the Royal Rooms. I didn't want those, so I asked for Coronado. She said, yes we have that and started my reservation and it seemed high (but not as high as POR), so I asked, do you not have standard views? She said, yes, do you want that? Ummm....yeah. I just asked you for a standard and garden at POR? Anyway, she was really nice and I am sure it's part of her job to sell the more expensive rooms but she was pretty smooth just sneaking in a higher room. It pays to know what the approximate cost would be, or you just will end up booking the more expensive room!

Y’all. I just booked bounce back for next September at ASMu. I got free dining. When I asked about upgrading from the quick service to the regular dining plan, I was told I already got the regular dining free. I double checked my reservation email and it does say DDP. This surprised me. Just wanted to pass along the information for anyone booking value for free dining bounce back. Anyone else do this and get just the quick service dining plan?

Y’all. I just booked bounce back for next September at ASMu. I got free dining. When I asked about upgrading from the quick service to the regular dining plan, I was told I already got the regular dining free. I double checked my reservation email and it does say DDP. This surprised me. Just wanted to pass along the information for anyone booking value for free dining bounce back. Anyone else do this and get just the quick service dining plan?
I just booked a MODERATE and only got the Quick Service. I did upgrade it to Regular though. Did you check the pricing? They really tried to upsell me, maybe they just put it on and charged you? If not - I wouldn't make any changes - wouldn't want to lose the pixie dust!

I just booked a MODERATE and only got the Quick Service. I did upgrade it to Regular though. Did you check the pricing? They really tried to upsell me, maybe they just put it on and charged you? If not - I wouldn't make any changes - wouldn't want to lose the pixie dust!
I haven’t checked the prices yet but I was going to upgrade anyway so I will leave the pixie dust lie and go with it!

I haven’t checked the prices yet but I was going to upgrade anyway so I will leave the pixie dust lie and go with it!
Just keep an eye on it to ensure it stays that way. I'm sure if it's there then you've already paid for it as a value resort automatically adds only the QS DP. If it were a glitch in their system for your resort I'm sure someone would have reported that here in the past 2 months.

If I were you I'd price it out with each as you'll want to be able to prove your case if it suddenly disappears.

Are you currently there on a package with a free dining upgraded to regular dining? I find sometimes bounceback CMs try to match what you currently have. I was on a great AP CL rate one time and when the rep said the price for the bounceback I was like no, no standard view standard room please 🤣 The CM may have just automatically upgraded it for you based on what you have now and read you the price.

I’m posting this from ME! Anyway, I would be curious about your numbers because this may be the second report we’ve received in just a few days of a CM automatically applying an upcharge. Just a few days ago, someone else was quoted a higher-level room and it wasn’t until she asked for availability for a standard room that the CM quoted with the standard price. It’s cool that you were already planning to upgrade to the DDP, but what if you weren’t? I would really love to know either way.

Are you currently there on a package with a free dining upgraded to regular dining? I find sometimes bounceback CMs try to match what you currently have. I was on a great AP CL rate one time and when the rep said the price for the bounceback I was like no, no standard view standard room please 🤣 The CM may have just automatically upgraded it for you based on what you have now and read you the price.
More like automatically upcharged you!

I was able to book a bounce back when I was there mid August for a 5th sleeper (it was for 5 people) in a standard room for the following July/August. The bounce back was free dining quick service. She did offer to upgrade to regular dining for an additional cost but her original quote was for free quick service. Hopefully automatically upcharging won’t be Disney’s new normal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!