• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bounceback Information and FAQ Thread - 25-35% off BOUNCEBACKS ARE BACK for 2024/2025!

In the past, they have not been included in Bouncebacks and I doubt they would be because they are not owned by Disney, so why would Disney offer a discount to hotels they don't own? (the bounceback is an incentive for staying currently at Disney and then returning!)
Yes, that does make sense.... just like the other "Good Neighbor" resorts that get some of the perks, but not all. Thanks.

Yes, that does make sense.... just like the other "Good Neighbor" resorts that get some of the perks, but not all. Thanks.
Right! They pay Disney for the use of those perks. A room discount is not a perk.

Plus, non-Disney resorts have more nimble ways to set pricing and discounts. They don't set pricing over a year in advance and are not bound by a centralized discount scheme. If bookings are soft, they simply lower the price; if bookings are expected to be high, they simply raise the price.

I agree with everything you wrote.
My next trip is in August and I'll want to return in January 2024. I was considering booking the January trip now because there are only a small number of the specific room type I want. Do you know if in the past the Bounce Back offers could be applied to existing reservations if the dates were compatible?

You can apply the offer to an existing reservation as long as there is availability for the resort & room type. This is the same as any discount offer. Just having a resort/ room be eligible doesn’t necessarily get you the discount. It would have to be available the same as if you were making a totally new booking.

Last edited:
Anyone know, or can speculate, whether or not the Dolphin, Swan and Swan Reserve will be participating in this? I have a friend who will be there later this week after the launch, and would really like to book, but they are staying at Dolphin.

Assuming not since you can only book them as a package through Disney, and not as room only. But never hurts to ask...Thanks for any input.

The offer specifies “select Disney resorts”. They are not Disney resorts so not included.

You can apply the offer to an existing reservation as long as there is availability for the resort & room type. This is the same as any discount offer. Just having a resort/ room be eligible doesn’t necessarily get you the discount. It would have to be available the same as if you were making a totally new booking.
So then... am I actually making it less likely that I can get a discount if I book a room in advance that there are only a small number of? The room in question is a suite and I think there are only 4 of them. I've gotten a discount (not a bounceback) on this room before but it wasn't a situation where I booked and later applied the discount.

So then... am I actually making it less likely that I can get a discount if I book a room in advance that there are only a small number of? The room in question is a suite and I think there are only 4 of them. I've gotten a discount (not a bounceback) on this room before but it wasn't a situation where I booked and later applied the discount.
You won't know until you call, but as is the case with any other Disney discount, you can "apply" a discount if the room is available to be booked with the promotion as a new reservation. Rooms that are selling well are often not available to be booked with the discount. For example, Poly is usually very popular and it's often difficult to find availability with discount, as are the LM rooms at AOA.

It's like when you go looking at what rooms are available with a public discount (like the Disney+) there are many rooms available to be booked at rack rate, but there is a much more limited selection available with the discount. If you had a room booked, you can see if it appears with the discount when you go to modify it, it doesn't always show as being able to be modified with a discount.

You won't know until you call, but as is the case with any other Disney discount, you can "apply" a discount if the room is available to be booked with the promotion as a new reservation. Rooms that are selling well are often not available to be booked with the discount. For example, Poly is usually very popular and it's often difficult to find availability with discount, as are the LM rooms at AOA.

It's like when you go looking at what rooms are available with a public discount (like the Disney+) there are many rooms available to be booked at rack rate, but there is a much more limited selection available with the discount. If you had a room booked, you can see if it appears with the discount when you go to modify it, it doesn't always show as being able to be modified with a discount.
Right. I'm trying not to say what my room type is because for some reason, of all of the deluxe resort suites, this type seems to get overlooked and it's often available for discounts and last minute. We LOVE it but I don't need everyone else loving it so I stay quiet about it HAHA. In this case, we know we want to stay there and nowhere else in January. That's why I'm debating putting a hold on it now, but if I'm right that there are only 4 of them then I have to count that at least 1 of them stays in inventory until I am eligible to book bounceback which won't be until late August. So, I have to weigh which is better, knowing I have the room but I might be forfeiting a chance at a discount by booking now, or waiting and risking it getting booked by someone else. I'm also pretty locked on the exact dates and they just happen to fit exactly with the limited bounceback dates in January. I guess I just will book and prepare myself for paying rack. If I can score 35% off, or any % off, later, I'll consider that a bonus.

Right. I'm trying not to say what my room type is because for some reason, of all of the deluxe resort suites, this type seems to get overlooked and it's often available for discounts and last minute. We LOVE it but I don't need everyone else loving it so I stay quiet about it HAHA. In this case, we know we want to stay there and nowhere else in January. That's why I'm debating putting a hold on it now, but if I'm right that there are only 4 of them then I have to count that at least 1 of them stays in inventory until I am eligible to book bounceback which won't be until late August. So, I have to weigh which is better, knowing I have the room but I might be forfeiting a chance at a discount by booking now, or waiting and risking it getting booked by someone else. I'm also pretty locked on the exact dates and they just happen to fit exactly with the limited bounceback dates in January. I guess I just will book and prepare myself for paying rack. If I can score 35% off, or any % off, later, I'll consider that a bonus.

I totally understand. We’ve been staying YC CL for over 20 years. It was always available & people kind of dissed the resort as being too stuffy. Everyone would recommend Beach Club. But we loved it. I hate that now everyone has “discovered” YC & it’s harder to book, let alone with a discount.

Bu for your situation, you have to decide, do you want that room no matter what? Or will you only keep it if you can get a discount? If you wait for a discount, you’ll risk that room being all booked up. If you want that room no matter what, book as soon as you want. If you find a discount later, BONUS! And we don’t know definitively how the discount inventory works. If the room category you want has only 4 rooms, we don’t know how many Disney wants open that triggers it to be included in the discount. If 1 of 4 is booked, 3 are available, will they discount 1? 2? Or are they happy that 25% of inventory is booked so no need to discount the others? Totally unknown. It’s a gamble for sure.

edit: what I’m trying to say is just because there are rooms in the category available, doesn’t mean you’ll be able to get the discount. I have seen several CL rooms available at rack rate but not available with any of the current discounts. Only Disney knows how much inventory is allotted for a discount. And that may change at any time & the public would have no idea. Discount inventory will vary by date too. As a date approaches, they may offer the discount if they’re not happy with bookings.. Or if there’s a sudden surge in bookings, they could change inventory back to rack rate. And again, no one would know.

Also, they sometimes exclude certain room category at some resorts. But they never say which specific categories are included, because this can vary by how bookings are going for different time frames.

Last edited:
I completely understand what you are saying and I think it's a very personal decision on whether to book a room at rack rate. In 20+ trips to Disney over the past 15+ years, I have NEVER booked a room at rack rate before discounts come out. Never. I select when to go and where to stay based on what is available with a and what the cost bottom line will be. And we usually stay deluxe and have booked some Club Level and upgraded view rooms too. I don't book rack rate because I am not going to pay rack rate and the act of booking a room will make you feel more attached to that idea.

Having said that, I have seen some very nice rooms come up with a discount. For example, just a few weeks ago, I booked a Garden View Club Level room at Yacht Club with the Visa discount for July. There are only 5 of these rooms, it was available with a very nice discount, so I grabbed it. I wound up canceling that reservation just a few days later, even though I was pretty excited with my find, because AKL is my daughter's favorite resort at Disney and we are going for her birthday, so it's her choice. We currently have AKL Club Level booked for her birthday and this is a room that is often found with a discount. So, what I am saying is that it may be possible that even with only 4 rooms the room you are seeking will be available as a bounceback and whether to book it in advance is really a personal choice.

Good luck and keep us informed of what happens!

I totally understand.
I completely understand
It made me ridiculously happy to have both of you understand where I was coming from! Thanks for your replies. I am going to book today because we really are set on exactly where we stay for the January trip, and then when we get home after the August trip I will call and try for the discount. I'll report back here with the results.

The fine print on the flyer says "length of stay requirements may apply". Wondering if this is length of your current stay or the booking you plan to make with the promotion. Might be work a quick trip to get the discount for 2024.

The fine print on the flyer says "length of stay requirements may apply". Wondering if this is length of your current stay or the booking you plan to make with the promotion. Might be work a quick trip to get the discount for 2024.

It would be the length of the bounceback reservation. Disney uses an algorithm to prevent orphan single night rooms. Sometimes you can’t find a room for 1 or 2 nights, but you can for a longer stay. It’s been an issue for a few years.

So I am hearing this correctly. If I have a 6 day 5 night existing reservation for October 2023, I can call now a request a bounce back offer for a future eligible date on 2024? Normally when I had a bounce back offer, I had to be in my existing reservation (at my resort) or just completed my reservation which had a time expiration date on it. Please advise.

So I am hearing this correctly. If I have a 6 day 5 night existing reservation for October 2023, I can call now a request a bounce back offer for a future eligible date on 2024? Normally when I had a bounce back offer, I had to be in my existing reservation (at my resort) or just completed my reservation which had a time expiration date on it. Please advise.
No, you can’t call for the bounce back offer until you are actually on property staying at your Disney resort or within 7 days of departure. You can book the offer during your October stay.

No, you can’t call for the bounce back offer until you are actually on property staying at your Disney resort or within 7 days of departure. You can book the offer during your October stay.
Thanks for that. I was feeling the pressure. Now I can relax until October!

Gosh, could you imagine if anyone who had a future stay booked could call for a bounceback? Imagine how many people would book a trip for this year then cancel it as soon as they get the bounceback reservation they really wanted.

Gosh, could you imagine if anyone who had a future stay booked could call for a bounceback? Imagine how many people would book a trip for this year then cancel it as soon as they get the bounceback reservation they really wanted.
I know but that’s how it sounded on this thread. I did not think I could but reading this made me think that Disney forecasting very low turn out for the rest of this year and next. I was confused. I knew the last bounceback offer I received was at the resort. Crazy.

Same here, the dining promo was the equivalent of a 35% discount. The resort only discount was, for our dates, 25%. And we will use all of the credit. We don’t go until September, please let us know if there’s a list of places where the dining card can be used! And if the tip can be added or if it must be paid separately. Have a great trip!
I will try to post our experience although I’m hoping some Pist their experiences before we go. I can’t remember the exact dates of the $50/night dining gift card but I seem to remember some early July dates were included so hopefully others Pist their experiences.
Wondering if you can book more than one trip with the BB. We are going in the fall and would love to have guaranteed discounts for possibly 2 trips next year.
In the past you could book multiple trips.

I know but that’s how it sounded on this thread. I did not think I could but reading this made me think that Disney forecasting very low turn out for the rest of this year and next. I was confused. I knew the last bounceback offer I received was at the resort. Crazy.

Sorry, I’m not sure what was reading that way. From what I understand, starting with checkouts on July 5th, you will be emailed the offer the day you check out. You can call ext 8844 from your room phone before you leave or you call the specific number within 7 days of check out. Eventually they will have the offer placed in the room like they used to. At least that’s what I read.

UPDATE! We have dates and a picture of the offer!
View attachment 773399
So I did go ahead and book the room I want in January today, hoping I can apply this later. My dates are for check in on 1/21 and checkout on 1/26.
Question- that final night, do you all think it's included in the offer? The offer says 1/21-1/25 but do you think that includes the night of 1/25 with checkout 1/26, or does it mean checkout 1/25?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter