BOULDER RIDGE VILLAS & COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS: Wilderness Lodge DVC Expansion Thread

We are going June 29- July 6. Will the pools be open and finished by then?
I am staying at Boulder Ridge from June 10-17th and have had a few extensive conversations with the DVC cast members and the hotel staff about the construction, My father in law had concerns about booking here prior to the completion of the new villas. What i have been told, and again this is not a guarantee - just what i have been told- is that the DVC pool is opening for July 17th, along with the New villas. But i could be wrong - i would think they would open it earlier as well - but who am I?

I have also been told that the roaring fork and new spa will be opening at the same time as the villas. Not Earlier.

I am staying at Boulder Ridge from June 10-17th and have had a few extensive conversations with the DVC cast members and the hotel staff about the construction, My father in law had concerns about booking here prior to the completion of the new villas. What i have been told, and again this is not a guarantee - just what i have been told- is that the DVC pool is opening for July 17th, along with the New villas. But i could be wrong - i would think they would open it earlier as well - but who am I?

I have also been told that the roaring fork and new spa will be opening at the same time as the villas. Not Earlier.
We were told the same thing when we were there last month.

I'm excited we are staying at the Boulder Ridge Villas Sept 28- Oct 7. All the construction should be done by then. Hoping the new cabins open up a nice lake view if your in the higher rooms. One question does anyone have details about the pool? Like is it for Villa stay only or open to the whole resort. I wonder if they'll have a magic band gate.

I'm virtually certain the new pool will be open to all guests. Prior to the new construction, both were open to guests from either the main Lodge or VWL. Of course, Disney doesn't always do things we expect. As for the openings of the pool, RF, et. al., the hard open would be 17 July given that's when the new villas and cabins will first come available. I'd be a bit surprised if they don't get a soft opening before that date to ensure the kinks are worked out before the influx of guests.

I'm excited we are staying at the Boulder Ridge Villas Sept 28- Oct 7. All the construction should be done by then. Hoping the new cabins open up a nice lake view if your in the higher rooms. One question does anyone have details about the pool? Like is it for Villa stay only or open to the whole resort. I wonder if they'll have a magic band gate.

A nice view until they plant or grow trees again :-)

Actually, even before the upper north wing Woods views sometimes could have a nice view at least of fireworks through the trees. We had a particularly good view one trip Which was good when MK decided to do some kind of fireworks testing AT THREE IN THE MORNING -- at least we could see what it was that woke up up and kept us awake for an hour !! ;-)

The new "DVC pool" is expected to be open to all of WL -- the VsWL (BRV, CCV), and WL guests. It likely will have a fence and magic banded gates, as they do at both Poly pools (as well as many other pools at the various resorts, including I believe the main WL pool (it is fenced, not sure about the magic band gate)). Now, whether the gate sensor is turned on and being enforced is a whole different story ;-)

The last time we stayed at WL (Dec 2015) they actually had CMs at each of the main pool gates that were scanning magic bands as you came in, via some type of tablet. They didn't give out wristbands like at Beach Club's Stormalong Bay, but they did turn people away who weren't staying at WL/VWL.

SW

We are booked in a 1 BR at Boulder Ridge in November. I was going to call Wednesday to try to get 1 or 2 BR at Copper Creek instead. I've never stayed at WL so I'm excited! The main reason I was going to switch was the lack of seating (to eat) at Boulder Ridge.

I've been reading and obviously everyone has different taste about the decor of each section. It doesn't really matter to us as long as our room is clean.

Any other major reason to pick one over the other? Location to pool? Mug refill stations?

I guess it's all a little up in the air with construction still going on.

Thanks for any input from the pros!

We are booked in a 1 BR at Boulder Ridge in November. I was going to call Wednesday to try to get 1 or 2 BR at Copper Creek instead. I've never stayed at WL so I'm excited! The main reason I was going to switch was the lack of seating (to eat) at Boulder Ridge.

I've been reading and obviously everyone has different taste about the decor of each section. It doesn't really matter to us as long as our room is clean.

Any other major reason to pick one over the other? Location to pool? Mug refill stations?

I guess it's all a little up in the air with construction still going on.

Thanks for any input from the pros!

Boulder Ridge is right next to WL, connected by a covered pathway, so whatever restaurants are at WL are also at Boulder Ridge. The new Geyser Point restaurant is about equal distance between WL and BR. Also, almost all construction will be done by November, except for maybe on the cabins and landscaping.

How does a waitlist work with a resort that is not yet open? I am waitlisted at a Copper Springs for November. Where do I fall on a list for a resort that's not open? Did bookings start some time ago?

How does a waitlist work with a resort that is not yet open? I am waitlisted at a Copper Springs for November. Where do I fall on a list for a resort that's not open? Did bookings start some time ago?

Non-CCV owners were able to book on April 26. No way to tell how far up or down the list your request is, it hasn't been too long since bookings opened but it is super popular right now.

Non-CCV owners were able to book on April 26. No way to tell how far up or down the list your request is, it hasn't been too long since bookings opened but it is super popular right now.

Very strange because I went on the waitlist on 4/11.

My mistake. My waitlist is Boulder Ridge. When did those bookings open?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter